Veggie Grill - 4th Ave

Contact 206-624-1332

1427 4th Ave, Seattle, Washington, USA, 98101

Casual all-vegan cafe chain originating from Southern California. Offers a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, main plates, plus salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering

First Review by jerryh8

tasty! - Edit

My family ate here a few times and it was a hit with everyone. Good variety in a nice environment that isn't too nice to bring kids to. I look forward to more restaurants in this chain popping up around the country.

Pros: lots of options, totally vegan!, fast service by friendly people

Worth it - Edit

Visiting for 4days, ate here 4x. Crab cake wrap good, not enough sauce for full flavor, but crab cake nice and crispy and slightly"fishy" (too much for me, but not overwhelming). Fries big and great flavor. Southern fried chikin plate great except kale (odd flavor, I think attempting bacon flavor). Corn cake was outstanding, I could eat a full pan of just that. Seasonal zucchini soup was fab too, I think a corn base. Mushroom gravy was very good tho very skimpy on the mashed potatoes/cauliflower (great too). Carrot cake very moist and frosting wonderful, but spices were off for me, not terrible. All drinks-- strawberry lemonade and 3 teas were great.

Pros: All vegan, no worries , Impressive variety, Various protein options well represented

Delitious - Edit

Great place in downtown to lunch, I wish you would open earlier though maybe for breakfast??
I love they offfer beer and drinks to enjoy with the meals.

Pros: Good prices, Great food, Wine and liquor on menu

Cons: Opens late

Seriously awesome. - Edit

Vegan comfort food at its finest. I LOVE the Sante Fe Chicken sandwhich, Yukon gold fries, kale Caesar salad (add crispy chicken), crab cake sandwhich, and buffalo wrap. I struggle with what I'm going to order every time I'm here -- so many options, all so amazing. Reasonably priced, great portions.

Pros: Friendly staff. Fast. Affordable. Conveniently loc

Not worth it - Edit

This place sounds great, but does not live up to the hype. Portions are small and over-priced and when I went they were out of such basic things as cookies. Yes, it is a veg meal in the downtown, but you get more food for less cost at other places.

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Expensive, Small portions, Out of things

Great! - Edit

My (non veg) husband and I visited this place twice while traveling the west coast. Delicious vegan comfort food! Ordering online makes it even faster! I wish we had a place like this back home!

Pros: 100% Vegan....so no worries, buffalo "wings" are stellar

Cons: Ordering at the counter. (no wait staff), corn tortillas on tacos are slightly soggy

YUM - Edit

My friend and I came here for lunch today and I was pleasantly surprised. Staff was friendly. The female with the blueish grey hair was very helpful and also referred us to some places that made vegan donuts.
My friend is vegan and I am vegetarian as of a few weeks ago. I have been craving the texture of meat so I had the Santa Fe Crispy Chicken Sandwich with soup. Very good! I will definitely come back here when I decide to go out to eat again.

Pros: Great meat substitutes, Great prices, Good portions

Cons: Not much to say here!

A Golden Standard - Edit

Veggie Grill is my point of reference when making vegan restaurant comparisons. Their varied and creative menu, fair to more pricey options, friendly and professional staff, decent meal size, and refreshing setting allows this restaurant to easily be anyone's go-to.

Their carrot cake is from another dimension, by the way.

Pros: Variability, Delicious, Quality

Cons: Price, Serving Sizes

A+ - Edit

As a flight attendant I'm always hoping to find some nice vegan restaurants where ever my Job brings me. Unfortunately I'm not always that lucky. This time, however, JACKPOT. Great location, great food and great employees! I'm definitely going back today and tomorrow! And every other day I get to spend in this beautiful city! Thanks veggie grill!

The love is unreal! - Edit

Absolutely best place I have ever ate! The people are so amiable and vivacious. We came in about an hour before closing and they gave us free wings, fries, and some cookies. They sat and talked with us while we ate and friendships were made. The food? So real you wouldn't even know it wasn't chicken. This place has all my love and I regret that I live on the opposite side of the country and won't likely see the place again. You will be strongly missed :(

Pros: Delicious and timely , Friendly staff, Good vibes

Cons: Limited drink options

Some good stuff - Edit

This is a great place to take omnivore friends. They serve a lot of meat substitutes. Many of the dishes are fried. It's too heavy for my palate, but they do what they do well. The service is AMAZING!!! And they serve a few well chosen beers.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 18, 2014

Update: They've added some stuff I really like. The Bad Boy Burger is made of quinoa and has Chao cheese. They got rid of my Tofu Bahn Mi, but they have something similar in a bowl. I think vegans will like it more with these dishes on the menu.

Pros: Service, All Hail Kale Salad, Bad Boy

Cons: Heavy

Vegan fast food - Edit

If you are in the Westlake area and need a quick meal, this is a good place to stop. It has reliable vegan food. It isn't fine dining, but it is fast and tasty. You order at the counter, and then they will bring the food out to you.

Wonderful! - Edit

What a great find for a vegan visiting Seattle! We had a lovely lunch here, food was extraordinarily delicious, then came back the next day for takeout to eat on the train home. This will be a regular for us when we're in Seattle, and I hear there's one in Portland, too. Wish there was one in Eugene.

yummy dinner! - Edit

This was our last stop on vacation and a good way to end a trip. Food was delicious. We each had bowls. Really good, and a good size portion. Carrot cake was delicious. Staff was great. Location was convenient - couple blocks from the market and close to the light rail.
Now we need Veggie Grills to come to the east cost!

Pros: Delicious food., great staff, Great carrot cake

vegan bliss - Edit

chill atmosphere, amazing and beautiful food, innovative and healthy soft drink replacements. I am considering moving to Seattle so I can eat here every day :)

Pros: see above lol. portion size is also big and sexy.

Cons: medium price but to be honest, I dont understand h

First Meal in the States - Edit

I moved to Seattle from Australia yesterday. My first meal other than midnight room service when we arrived was Veggie Grill. What a way to start my culinary adventures in America! The food was incredible! I had the Bombay Bowl which was so fresh and filling, my partner had the chickin tacos which were so good I was only allowed one bight. We also got the cauliflower to share which was really yummy too. We definitely over ordered but there are convenient little take away containers in the self serve area to put leftovers and sauces in etc. I would go there every day if I could!

Pros: Self serve drinks, take away containers, absolutely delicious

Healthy fast food - Edit

A visit to Veggie Grill was on my list of things to do on a trip to Seattle, especially as my hotel was close by. I actually ended up going here twice; the menu had plenty of choice and due to the restaurant's style, I was not intimidated to dine there on my own. The sandwiches came with a choice of sides and the health conscious can opt to have their burger in Kale leaves rather than a bread bun and/or a healthy side rather than the fries. Maybe next time :)

Pros: Healthy Options, Inexpensive, Casual

Healthy and tasty! - Edit

Visited the Veggie Grill twice during my short stay in Seattle, it was that good! A good selection including classic American diner fare and healthier options, cooked fast and reasonably priced. Nice, informal sit down fast food type restaurant. Recommended.

LOVE!!!!! - Edit

Oh my goodness, I cannot WAIT to go back to Veggie Grill. I had the Buffalo Bomber and it was incredible. Although I haven't really missed animal-based foods since going vegan, one thing I have missed are buffalo-flavored foods with ranch dressing. The buffalo bomber was the perfect fix and was incredibly satisfying.

Btw, my non-vegan significant other also had the Buffalo Bomber and was very impressed! He loved it. =)

I also really liked the atmosphere in general. The booths are comfortable and it just felt like a great place to hang out.

Pros: Awesome food!, Good prices, Nice casual atmosphere

Some surprisingly healthy options for fast food... - Edit

I dropped by Veggie Grille in downtown Seattle to grab a bite during some time between buses.

First impression on walking in is that it's a sort of sleek, tasteful, futuristic version of a fast food joint. Nice lighting, colors and seating without being sterile. It was strangely appealing since I'm not typically a fan of that kind of environment. While it's not essential to have nice atmosphere, it doesn't hurt.

The staff were friendly, helpful and the service was fast (as expected to be).

The faux-meat options on the menu didn't excite me, so I chose one of their bowls instead (bombay bowl). When it arrived it was a surprisingly healthy, fresh, flavorful and well crafted dish. This would be a good vegan meal even if it wasn't from a "fast-food" place.

I've since had a couple of their faux-meat sandwiches and wasn't particularly impressed. Those were heavier and not as pleasant or satisfying. The faux-meat items probably make people who are into that stuff happy, and I'm happy that they have other more interesting and healthy options as well.

Pros: Pleasant, Reasonably priced, Some surprisingly healthy/tasty options

Lucky! - Edit

We were seeing a concert right up the street and happen to run into this place and it was VEGAN! Woohooo! They have so many ice teas and they are all so yummy! I got the Thai Chickn Salad and Asparagus soup. They were both good. The salad could have been bigger for the price, though it had nice texture and flavor. The service was fast and friendly and I liked the feeling of the place.

Pros: Big Menu, Ice Tea!!!, atmosphere

Cons: portion size of salad, cost

Didn't enjoy it much - Edit

When we first saw the menu it seemed pretty exciting and a great idea, but I really wasn't in the mood for something greasy or fried and realized that there wasn't much left of interest. I ended up having the Steamin' Kale, which was good, and the Mac-N-Cheese, which I was told was quinoa pasta rather than rice pasta (that's what I remember - it's been a few weeks). It was OK, but not amazing. I didn't care for the bread crumb topping they put on it. My spouse had the BBQ "Steak" sandwich and found it too spicy. The atmosphere is a fast-food restaurant. So overall I give them credit for trying an all-vegan eatery, but I have had far better elsewhere.

Pros: innovative, convenient location

Cons: too much greasy and fried food, fast-food atmosphere

Excited to find a Veggie Grill in Seattle! - Edit

We were in Seattle for a conference and found Veggie Grill on our Happy Cow App and it was just a short walk away from our hotel. We have been to a Veggie Grill a couple of times when we were in California, but didn't know there was one in Seattle. Not especially healthy, but what a big treat! So many delicious items. Chill out wings and kale caesar salad were probably our biggest favourite, but also loved the Santa Fe Crispy Chickin' sandwich and the Crab Cake Sandwich.

Pros: Delicious, Fast, Cheery, service

Cons: Not especially healthy

Perfect default go to place - Edit

Seattle was the first time we tried Veggie Grill. Wish we tried it earlier!

Both the Santa Fe Chickn and the crab cake burgers were awesome. In fact, till we discovered the Oklahoma Burger at Native Foods the Santa Fe was our fave burger. The kids liked their kid's meals too.

About time there was a vegan chain like this. (Actually I have no idea how long Veggie Grill have been around - but it's new to us!) I so wish we had them in Australia.

Yummy - Edit

Went to the Veggie Grill on Fourth Ave. I had the portobello burger and got some stuff to go to try later. The burger was great. I brought home carrot cake, buffalo wings and mac and cheese. Everything was delicious and I will definitely go back to try some more of the menu!

Pros: good food, fast service

Cons: not enough seating during the lunch rush

Awesome as ever - Edit

Love Veggie Grill. Great sandwiches, great sides, love the steamed kale, and good choices for vegan kids. Will come back everytime I am around. Keep it up and pls expand to Canada soon!

Pros: Fair prices, Great selection

Good Food, Convenient Location - Edit

Having recently moved to Seattle I was delighted to happen across this Veggie Grill location - right in the heart of the city's action!

While I anticipate many more visits to this and other Veggie Grill locations, I was very content with the impeccable, friendly service, great variety of food and many healthy options. The restaurant is of a good size and kept very clean and the staff go out of their way to make the visit enjoyable.

I've been to a great deal of vegan and vegetarian restaurants and cannot say that this food compares favourably to the highest end, but it does hold its own - nothing to complain about. This is good, healthy, conscious food prepared quickly and at a reasonable price.

While it's not a special outing, if you're hungry and want something in a pinch, The Veggie Grill is highly recommended choice in Seattle.

Pros: Location, Prices, Variety

Cons: Have yet to taste anything outstanding

Great fast food! - Edit

Just tried the newest Veggie Grill in Seattle, and it was pretty good. The service was efficient and friendly, and pretty fast considering the number of take outs from all the people that work around there.
The location is right downtown, pretty convenient for shopping and all the hotels.
The good thing about Veggie Grill is that you can choose to indulge in comfort food, but there are also many healthier options.
We had the Crispy chickin' plate and the Baja "fish" tacos. Both were excellent. I added steamed kale with miso gravy and it was so fresh and tasty. It is really hard to pick something from the menu, everything looks amazing. We will be back at this location next time we're in Seattle.

Pros: All vegan, Downtown location, Friendly service

Seattle loaction - Edit

I ate here on Oct. 05, 2013, in mid afternoon. I have eaten at their El Segundo location in Ca. I ordered the crab cake on a bed of kale with tarter sauce and cole slaw. The crab cake with tarter sauce was delicious as was the cole slaw. Unfortunately the kale was hard and bitter. I know how nutritious it is but I was not able to eat it all. Too harsh.
The service was friendly and the space was clean and attractive.
If I return I will not chose the kale again at this location. Plenty of other good things to choose from.

Pros: friendly, clean, main items were tasty

Cons: kale was hard and bitter

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Grill - 4th Ave closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7040 times since Sep 2013.