The Veggie Grill

626-535-9561

200 S Lake Ave, Pasadena, California, USA, 91107

Casual all-vegan cafe chain, this one opened Dec 2014. Offers a variety of veggie burgers and sandwiches, hot plates, salads, sweet potato fries, kids menu, and desserts. Parking on street or behind the establishment. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by Sonja and Dirk

Must try the buffalo chicken! - Edit

Their buffalo chicken Caesar ranch salad tastes just like the real thing! Their mock-meat is super tasty! Great spot for plant-based eaters

over all good experience - Edit

We had actually a very filling meal BUT I do feel like some of the options even though they're vegan are not super healthy (such as the deep fried beans etc..) I do prefer my food on the healthy side plus the atmosphere to me at all the veggie grill locations seems too "cafeteria style", again that's the way they roll but I like to dine in a more cozy atmosphere.

cauli-mashed potatoes forever - Edit

Cauliflower-mashed potatoes, Bad Boy Burger, Harvest Bowl ... I could go on about all the wonderful entrees here. The chocolate chip cookies and carrot cake are really good, too. Servers are really friendly when they take my order. Good prices and good portions. I knock a star off because sometimes tables are left dirty a long time. Also, because I used to love the All Hail Kale salad until I found out it's bathed in oil and thus has mucho fat grams.

Great food - Edit

I love ordering the quinoa burger with sweet potato fries and a power salad. The drinks are pretty great as well and not too sweet. Parking at this location can be a bit of a pain but that's probably the only downside. Pretty much the same as other veggie grills.

Pros: clean environment, great food, vegan

Cons: parking

Amazing place to take anyone; vegan or not - Edit

Veggie Grill has such a special place in my little vegan heart. It's the one place that, without fail, I can take my meat eating friends and they say nothing but positive things. The food is great, the servers are always the nicest, the price is very reasonable, they serve alcohol and you can earn points for your purchases. If you are new to VG the must have items are the buffalo mini wraps, the Banh Mi salad, All Hail Kale Salad with blackened tempeh and the sonoran winter bowl. Just unreal. I cannot say enough good things and I go there once a week without exception.

Pros: delicous vegan food, affordable, cool vibe

Not My Favorite VG Location... - Edit

i do not live near a Veggie Grill, so whenever I visit a city with a VG, I get as much as I can.

At this Pasadena location, I had the following:

Haricots Verts - French green beans with sea salt and a lemon tahini sauce. This is on their summer menu. If you like green beans, you should try this dish. It was very good, and I loved the flavor of the sea salt and the tahini on the green beans.

Chicken Tacos - You get three tacos and I wanted to get 1 chicken + 2 fish, but they wouldn't allow this, even though the price is the same for both.
Anyway, the chicken tacos were flavorful, but I'd enjoy some regular salsa, instead of the chunks-of-tomato salsa.

Gold Yukon fries - delicious, crisp, fresh, perfectly seasoned!

Chargrilled Street Corn - I love corn and another location seasoned the corn SO great that when I got my corn I immediately noticed the lack of seasoning. I even showed the staff the picture of the corn from the Encino location and their only response was that it shouldn't have been made that way. Well, THAT way was awesome, as opposed to this location's bland way. They offered no suggestion to rectify it either. I ended up putting some salt and pepper on it to save it.

Aside from the corn snafu, everything was great. I love VG and hope they expand to my city.

Just like their other locations - Edit

I stopped in for lunch last week with a co-worker and the place was hopping, but the service is so friendly and fast. We'd barely sat down with our drinks before our salads showed up. I got the Thai Chick'n one and my friend got the B-Wing one. Always tasty and filling. It's just like all the other locations with décor, food, great staff, etc. It's great to see Veggie Grill keep expanding. And don't forget to download their app and earn points with every purchased meal!

Pros: all vegan chain, friendly staff, tasty and fillinf

Return to Pasadena Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Veggie Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2012 times.