Veggie Garden

Contact 650-961-6888

2464 W El Camino Real Ste C, Mountain View, California, USA, 94040

Opened Jan 2014, an Asian vegetarian restaurant that uses faux meats, a variety of sauces, and offers plenty of vegetable dishes. Also on the menu are potato fries. Open Tue-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, Tue-Fri 5:00pm-9:30pm, Sat-Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Geri

Wonderful - Edit

Wanting to try a new place, we headed to Veggie Garden. You know it is good when we are talking about our next visit and who we want to being here before we are even done with our meal.
Staff is very friendly. Restaurant is clean and pretty. They have two monitors that show pictures of all the food items. Food is tasty.

We tried scallion pancakes, Garlic Eggplant, and Curried Chicken and Orange Chicken. Our least favorite was the curry dish, but it was still really good. The meal came with a salad with Ginger Vinegar dressing. That was incredibly delicious.

We were very pleased with our meal. Prices are reasonable. Portions are good for sharing.

The smoothies look tasty, but we are just too full.

We are eager to return. We highly recommend this nice little place.

Pros:

Great chinese vegan place - Edit

The service was pretty good, the food was good (although the sweat and sour VG pork and the lemon VG chicken were pretty similar - only the sauce seemed different).

The portions were big, the prices were cheap, and three of my non-vegan friends loved it as well.

Plus, the restaurant was very clean. Overall, I had a great experience at Veggie Garden and so did my friends!

Totally Delicious - Edit

We were totally happy with this little Restaurant. My Hubby ordered the VG Spring Rolls for appetizers. yummy. I had the Basil Vegetable Chow Mein with rice noodles and my better half ordered the Moo Shu Vegetable with pancakes and the Dry Braised String Bean. Totally delicious. Definitely recommend that sweet lil place.

Great Chinese vegetarian & vegan food - Edit

Very good Chinese vegetarian and vegan food. What distinguishes this from other places is truly friendly service. They have nice screens that actually show you what the menu items look like. We really liked the hot & sour soup, & wonton with chili sauce. I like this place better than many of the other Chinese vegetarian places dotting the south & east bays.

Pros: good service, good quality food, good portions

Yummy Vegan Food - with FANTASTIC Service - Edit

Veggie Garden won me as a fan! I ordered Curry Fried Rice and my mother ordered kung pao chicken. Both were extremely delicious and rank up there with anything that I had before. The restaurant was clean and transparent. Same for the restroom. But what won my heart over was the kindness that the owner gave to my mother. My mother is up there in years and has trouble just getting in and out of tables. The owner treated my mom as if she was her own mom. She even catered to my mother's request for a half-a-beer. No questions asked. Such a sweet and caring atmosphere with delicious food that is nicely priced. Oh, yes, the service was also very fast. That's easy to forget when it happens. I'll be sure to go back again and again and try all their other dishes. Yum!

Pros: delicious, caring service, affordable

Cons: none, nothing, blank

Yummy - Edit

I had black mushrooms and bok choy. I asked them to take it easy on the oil. It had a little bit more oil than I prefer, but it did taste very good. I would definitely go again. Dinner cost me $15 after tip.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly

Great Food, Great People - Edit

The food is really,really good, non gmo tofu, fresh flavors. Every thing that I ordered was hot and delicious. They even served me a free soup while I waited for my take out order.
It is hard to find delicious,inexpensive Vegan, but this restaurant is a great find! ENJOY!! Here's the website for this great place: www.veggiegardenvip.com

Excellent flavored vegan foods... - Edit

Wow!!! Can't believe how they cook the veggie foods so good! All flavored and yummy dishes you couldn't stop to eat... Whenever I am lazy to cook, that will be my secret kitchen "Veggie Garden in Mt. View". Love it! Love it! Love it!

Great New Vegan Restaurant - Edit

Being open less than a week, I expected a few rough edges, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality and flavor of the dishes. The cuisine is Asian, but there are a few extra items on the menu, like french fries and sweet-potato fries.

We tried the pot-stickers, Mu-Shu veggies, and Lettuce cups. Everything was very fresh tasting, well seasoned, and nothing was very oily. To be fair, we purposely didn't pick anything that might be deep-fried, though.

If I could pick on anything, the crispy noodles around the lettuce cups seemed a little hard. Overall, though, a very good start!
Updated from previous review on Sunday January 12, 2014

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food

Cons: Austere decor

Return to Mountain View Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.