Veggie Garden

Contact 501-600-3118

Hummingbird Hwy, Cayo District (at a few blocks before Constitution Drive), Belmopan, Belize,

Small restaurant located a few blocks from the market. Serves fresh juices and a variety of vegan food including hot pots, stir fries, and pizza all using vegan mock meat. Also sells bags of the faux meat in the store along with other items like organic soaps and lotions. Previously located on Forest Dr, July 2014. Open .

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, International, Take-out

First Review by amargrav

Not Worth it - Edit

I am in Belmopan for work for roughly two weeks. I have met many very friendly people here. Veggie Garden does not have any nice people. They were rude, lazy and had no food available. I went for lunch on a Saturday and was told they had no rice. What Chinese establishment doesn't have rice for their meals. Then I was left without any assistance for over 20 minutes. As three staff members sat around a table and talked to each other. I politely said excuse me, I'd like to order and none of them helped me. I walked out. I would never go there again.

I had a much better experience at Blue Moon Cafe - which had Hummus, Baba Ghanoush and a wonderful vegan eggplant sandwich with fresh fruit.

Cons: poor or no service, rude, not special

It was a great accident - Edit

I live in Belize and go to Belmopan every now and again. I was walking down the street and saw a veggie sign. So i thought i'd go in.

They have a great menu. It's mostly asian food and it's run by asians (i believe Taiwanese). I had the zun tsu nai cha (Bubble Milk Tea) and a batch of steamed dumplings.

The Milk tea was pretty good (although it could have been thicker). The dumplings were great though. They had a tvp filling and they were on the salty side. They also had a great digging sauce. The decor could use a little work, but hey if the food is good, in Belize you can't be picky. And it is.

Pros: Great Food, shabu shabu

Cons: Out of the way (unless you drive), decor is lacking

Fresh juice and delicious stirfries - Edit

Small Restaurant located close to the center of town. Their fake meat is really good in the stir fries and their fresh juice is delicious!

Pros: good value, fresh juice, cheap

Return to Belmopan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 839 times since Apr 2011.