Veggie Garden - Corts Catalanes

Contact 933043953

C/ Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 602, Barcelona, Spain, 08001

Its 2nd vegan restaurant in Barcelona, this one opened Sept 2015. Similar menu to its other restaurant with a few new dishes. Wi-fi upon request. Open Mon-Sun 12:30pm-11:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Indian, Macrobiotic, Juice bar, Asian, Fusion, Nepalese

First Review by Neusbkk

Scrumptious - Edit

I ordered the deluxe Indian thali and it was huge! Worth the money for sure. And it was absolutely delicious. Really nice wait staff and great atmosphere and interior decor. Will be returning 100%.

good for lunch! - Edit

Veggie garden has 2 restaurants in Barcelona, the food here is good and they have an amazing menu of the day for $8.95 you get a starter , main dish , dessert , a cup of water or wine , served with bread. The thali dish is my favorite here but they also have very good sandwiches , salads , & soups .

Pros: great deal for amount of food you get

Cons: some of the food can be a little tasteless

A great option for all vegans - Edit

The personnel was very welcoming and friendly, the menu wide variety of foods, the daily menu had between 2 and 5 options for all the courses, it consisted of 1st, 2nd, drink, bread and dessert. The food was delicious and interesting, with many international dishes. I'm very satisfied and would visit again if I'm ever again in Barcelona

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-18

Pros: Cheao, Big portios, Satisfying and nutritious meals

Cons: Tables are too close to one another

Cheap + filling - and great! - Edit

Really enjoyed eating here - so much that I returned multiple times during my stay in Barcelona! Must try the Momo (Nepalese dumplings), guacamole and the strawberry lemonade!

Lots of different choices available too, from Indian cuisine to European, for a decent price. Definitely worth a visit :)

Pros: Large menu with lots of choice, tapas and smaller plates available as well as main, affordable

Cons: sandwiches aren't as good as the rest of the m

Okay - Edit

It was way over-hyped here... the food wasn't that great, nor the staff. The chocolate mousse was awful and runny. Apart from this it was very cheap.

Pros: Some okay dishes , Cheap

Cons: Poor staff, Average food , Chocolate mousse

So amazing ❤️❤️ - Edit

This place was the best, especially since I've been having a lot of trouble finding nutritious vegan food in Barcelona. The veggie burgers were massive, and although it was a little dry, I just added hummus and everything was fine. Some items were a little overpriced but all around very worthwhile.

OK to try but nothing fantastic ;-( - Edit

We took a menu at 8,5€ and it was good but nothing fantastic.
It's fine to have this vegan location in Barcelona but I think we will not go there once more.
Location: 4/5
Food: 3/5
Décoration: 3/5
Service: 2/5
Price: 4/5

Pros: price, location

Cons: service

Great Place - Edit

I love both locations of Veggie Garden, but this one is my favourite. It is more spacious and airy. I ordered several dishes and had to take some to go because I wanted to try so many things and it's so well priced!

Great food at very low price! - Edit

Like the first location of Veggie Garden, this second one offers many choices of vegan food, nicely prepared and presented. For 8.50 euros, you can have a starter (among 6 or 7), a main dish (among 4), a dessert (among 5) and a bottle of water or a glass of wine. Quantities are huge and prices are very low for the food quality you get. We all enjoyed our lunch. Dishes were tasty and very well presented. Try the thali, the samossas and their dishes of the day!

This place definitely worth it and there is room inside.

Pros: 100% vegan, huge portions, low prices, good food, many choices, fresh juices

Delicious but rushed & pressured. - Edit

Service was swift, almost too swift,had rushed my partners order, he wanted a shake then changed his mind to economy one but she walked off as soon as we said that he wanted to go for that and started to make his drink. The food arrived quickly as did the drink.
The décor is a sight to see, very creative. When paying for the bill the waitress stood over us which was not cool, pressuring us both for tipping higher which had made us incredibly uncomfortable and we left unhappy.
The food itself was delicious the service however was not great, so much so I might not return. I thought perhaps it was because it was late Sunday but watching us pay ruined it.
Shame, because it's one of my favourite cuisines.

Pros: Delicious food, Vegan, Good value on certain meals

Cons: Not the cheapest overall, Rushed , Pressured to tip high.

Nice restaurant with good prices - Edit

The gazpacho was a little bit bitter and oily but the indian dish was really nice and fullfiling. Together with the desert and the smoothie, you can get a full meal at a very good price.
Despite being a busy hour, the staff was helpful and the decor of the restaurant is crazy exciting.

Pros: Cheap

Loud - Edit

Out of all the things you can critique I liked the food the best, so bear that in mind. Even though my order for the daily menu turned into an eclectic mix of middle eastern, Indian and with a Western dessert, it was surprisingly alright. But I do want to say that the staff unfortunately seemed stressed and the noise level inside was loud both with the background music and with food preparation right in the middle of the restaurant. But for what it's worth I'd still probably go back since I liked the food. It's nice to see a vegan chain of restaurants. I just hope they manage to keep it from turning into a vegan McDonald's.

Pros: Vegan all the way!, Choices

Cons: Loud, Stressed staff?

Best value Menu del Día in Barcelona - Edit

This is your best bet for a great value, 100% vegan, generous set lunch menu in Barcelona. The options are displayed on blackboards inside and outside the restaurant, changing daily. The menu always includes 3 courses, bread and a drink all for only €8.50! They also have other options which are cheaper, like a main course + smoothie of the day.

You can take away most of the things on the menu, including burgers (seitan, tofu or veg) and sandwiches which are always prepared quickly for an easy lunch.

The only problem is that sometimes the service can feel a bit abrupt and unfriendly, but that tends to be due to the fact that they are so busy and rushed at lunch times! (Which is because this is such a popular, great value place.)

I'd recommend the thali (!!!!!!), the tofu sandwich and the seitan burger.

Pros: Value for money, Takeaway option, Great Nepalese-style food

Cons: Sometimes not the best service, Dry bread, Gets very busy at lunch (if you mind this)

Yummo - Edit

I was missing rice and specially indian food when I found this place. I read the reviews about the shakes but I had been eating so much ice cream on that day, that I had to skip it.
Their food did not disappoint and the portions and prices are very reasonable as well. The restaurant is located just a few blocks away from Plaza Cataluña and the beginning of Las Ramblas. I found out later that this restaurant is a chain and there are others located in Barcelona. The seating arrangements are a little weird in this restaurant as they cram four tables and they seat patrons very close to the other tables. However, you don't see anyone complaining. The restaurant is pretty popular and I saw a lot of people eating during lunch time. If I ever go back to Barcelona, I will try this restaurant again and so should you. :)

Pros: tasty food, large portions, Varied

I'd die for those milkshakes - Edit

First of all, the milkshakes... They come in 50cl glasses and are soooo delicious. I had avocado and pistachio first which was amazing. my boyfriend had a super delicious fruit garden milkshake. The coco choco milkshake is very good as well. They are made with almond milk, sugar and crushed ice.

The food was... Okay. I read here that the burgers are supposed to be very good, so I ordered a seitan burger, samosas and the soup of the day. The soup was great, as well as the samosas. The burger was a bit dissappointing. The patty was okay but nothing special, the bread was dry and stone hard like from the day before. Boyfriend had the luxurious thali which was not bad.

I would advice everyone to take the indian food and you should be on the safe side.

The service was perfectly fine. I dont understand why some people here complain about the "bad" English. We were perfectly able to communicate in English even if neither we nor the waitress were native speakers. I can not understand why people come to a foreign country without speaking the language and then complain why some people don't speak their language perfectly.

I would describe the service as efficient. They dont stop asking you how your food is constantly which I appreciate. The tables are small which is why they try to take away your plates as soon as you finish. I see nothing bad in that.

Pros: Lots of options , Milkshakes

Cons: Burgers

Great chill place for an evening meal - Edit

We ate here on the first night of our trip and were impressed by the price. A thali, seitan burger, two big milkshakes and two desserts all came to €22. The service was very good and the food was just what we needed after the long day of travelling.

Pros: Good value, Tasty food, Variety

Best food in Barcelona! - Edit

We ate there more than one time this summer on our vacation because it was so good. Didn't even mind the grumpy waitress in our last visit there. The whole family loved it, not just me who's vegan. I strongly recommend it!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 26, 2016

Pros: Low price, The opening hours, Outdoor seating

Cons: Grumpy waitress

great drinks and burgers - Edit

I've been here many times just for their natural juices, many combinations and nice size (0,5L). Today I discovered their "milkshakes" made with fruits of your choice and almond milk, made in front of you. I tried the coconut, banana and cacao one, simply amazing it really is an explosion of flavors in your mouth. Incredible. 3,85€ the milkshake

The vegan burgers are also delicious, you can take it away and eat it in the macba plaza or wherever you want. The price? 4,5€ for burguer.

on the other hand:
Would'nt recommend going there for lunch,i've been there twice and the service was very opressing, waiting to take away your finished plate as soon as possible. very uncomfortable, feeling like we had to eat as fast as we could. and the food was pretty horrible, it's the truth. i've eaten there twice and didn't like any of the dishes, too spicy, some tasteless and other just discusting. (i've tried 5 starters and five main dishes) sharing with friends and none of us liked anything. really disapointing compared to the juices and burguers.

i would give this place a 10/10 for the juices, milkshakes and burguers. but i would give them a 2/10 for the menu food and the hurries to kick us out so other people could eat.

Pros: milkshakes, burguers, juices

Cons: the rest of the food, pression to leave

Love Love Love - Edit

This place was great! Yummy juices and Milkshakes, VEGAN tapas and delicious pizza. All ingredients are so fresh. Couldn't fit dessert in unfortunately but maybe next time! If you're in the area give it a try!
Updated from previous review on Friday January 15, 2016

Pros: Great food , Cheap! , Good location

Fresh and tasty - Edit

This is the long expected second Veggie Garden in the city. Awesome food and better price. Superb value.

The menu here has been extended with more tapas, sandwiches and other dishes.

One of the best, if not the best, budget places to eat vegan in Barcelona.

Pros: Taste, Asian food, Value

correct vegan reetaurant - Edit

Good overall.
Taste is quite asian, very spiced and very heavy.
Price is really good. Menu with two dishes, dessert and drink for 8.50€
Plenty of different dishes to choose from
Staff very friendly.
Inside decoration a little crazy not very cozy.

Pros: Price, Location, Plenty of things to choose from

Cons: Heavy and spiced food, Inside decoration

MUST EAT HERE! AMAZING - Edit

Absolutely amazing food here! It's on the main road so it's easy to find, cheap prices, very decent serving sizes, great customer service and even better food! Huge menu options with smoothies, juices, tapas, raw vegan and gluten free options I can't rave about this place enough! My partner and I ate here twice and loved it! You must check this place out while in BARCA!

Pros: cheap, decent servings , big menu

Cons: NONE!

mediocre food - Edit

The food here is exactly the same as their first restaurant. All vegan, but not especially tasty. They put a few shards of a papadom on the thali plate. They will not give you tap water - so you have to buy a large bottle of water.

Only good if you have zero other options.

Pros: vegan

Cons: mediocre food, not exactly cheap, no free water served

In love - Edit

We discovered this place 3 nights ago and have been there 3 times since. As a gluten free vegan I struggle a lot finding good food when eating out but this place was perfect. My meat eating non gluten free friend agrees. Friendly staff, wonderful drinks and amazing food in big portions! I'll definitely miss this place when leaving Barcelona

Yummy, nice atmosphere and location - Edit

They have a set meal all day long for 8,50 euro 2 dishes, water/wine and dessert with different choices of dishes every day and also they have A la carte dishes from india, spain, japan, also burgers etc
This new restaurant is bigger than their first one but all indoors. It's located not far from subway stop Unisersitat Line 1 and 2

Pros: Yummy food, Good location, Colorful restaurant and spacious

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Garden - Corts Catalanes closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.