Veggie Garden - Dels Angels

Contact 931802334

C/ Dels Angels 3, Barcelona, Spain, 08001

Spacious vegan restaurant on 2 floors. Makes meals which are based mainly on Indian and Nepalese influences. Has fresh juices. Sit out on the terrace or inside the painted two-story restaurant. Near Cataluyna square and Museum of Contemporary Arts Barcelona, since 2011. Open Mon-Sun 12:30pm-11:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Indian, Organic, Juice bar, Fusion, Nepalese

First Review by susannahbcn

Extensive menu - Edit

We sat upstairs at this popular and well located restaurant. We had a seitan special and a tofu and spinach empanada. Both were fine. We also had an apple crumble that came with a set meal. It was small and very sweet. The pricing is well marked but needs to be paid attention to. Combination prices depend on whether you order juice or some other drink.

Okay - Edit

It wasn't my best food experience in Barcelona, I didn't even finish all my plates and it wasn't about the quantity. But since it was cheap I can't complain. I've received my plates in random orders and I have to ask for the next one while my friends had them. Food was ok but not great. Also it was super noisy and not enjoyable... If you're looking for something close and cheap you should give a try, but if you have time you should consider eating somewhere else!

Pros: Nice place, Cheap

Cons: Food

The Veggie Garden - Edit

Having just spent 24 hours travelling to Barcelona from Hanoi I was very pleased to find this restaurant and that it was such a short walk from La Ramblas :)

The set menu option is a must for any hungry veggie, a starter, a main, a desert, homemade bread and a glass of vino for €8.50 is virtually unbeatable!

I opted for the hummus to start, the veggie skewers with rice and salad for main and apple crumble for desert. The homemade bread was delicious and the wine was small but nice.

The hummus was tasty, but slightly bland, and unfortunately there was no salt or pepper on the table to jazz it up. The main was really huge and unexpected! The skewers (2 of them) were so big and full of veggies and tofu and topped with a thick satay sauce. The desert was sweet and tangy, the way a good crumble should be!
Next time I'd opt for the thali, that's what my companion had and it looked and smelt awesome!!!

Highly recommend this place if you are ever in Barca :)

Pros: Set Menu Options, Good Location

Cons: No Fruit Salad for Desert, No salt or pepper

VERY GOOD - Edit

The dishes i've had at Veggie garden have all been very good! I love going there - the staff is super friendly and helpful and the food is never boring!

Their cocktails are also very good :D

Pros: relatively inexpensive

Cons: ambience lighting

Good food at a good price. - Edit

We spent the weekend in Barcelona and ate here twice. Both times the food was very good and reasonably priced. We had the set menu which includes a starter, main, desert and a glass of wine for about 8 euros which we thought was excellent value. The Thlai was very tasty. We would also recommend the lasagne and the broccoli and leek crepe.
We also took a couple of sandwiches away with us and they too were excellent, my roasted veg one was particularly good. The place does get busy pretty quickly after opening which is a good sign. The fact that we dined here twice and had a take away shows we were more than happy. It is pretty basic but the food is very good.

Pros: Tasty food, Good value, Quick service

Well ... in total disappointing. - Edit

It was our second time here (last time 2014). We ordered a few things, which came in the wrong order. Main before starter and drinks afterwards. The Luxury Thali was not what the name promises. It was boring and "loveless"! The garlic bread was cold and old. Just the salad, the olives and the drinks were ok/good. The staff was not open at all for criticism as we said, the bread was not okay. He even touched the bread and answered he thinks that's the way it is served there. The restaurant has potential but they lost track a little. It is not the place to visit, if you want a nice or special vegan meal in a cozy atmosphere with interested staff. It seems to be mass processing. (We would even give maybe just one star - if it was possible, but cause it's not possible, we don't need to discuss this point.)

Pros: cheap, quick, fresh juice

Cons: mass production, staff not interest , not cozy

So satisfying!! - Edit

This is my first 5-star review on Happy Cow. I dont know what more I could want. The menu has soo many delicious, well-priced options it was difficult to choose. Portions are large, service was quick and the atmosphere is great! My only complaint was the bun on the burger was very crumbly so it didn't hold together well.

amateur, but cheap! - Edit

It reminded me of those dinners that the host tried to make something vegan especially for you, and you know that it is just OK, but you need to say "wow it's really good", and then they offer you more of it and your'e like no no it's fine I didn't eat the salad yet.

So I was not blown, but I did eat it all, even though nothing felt fresh, if not outages, but still cheap and edible.

But still- just for being completely vegan- I will come here and support them. Because they deserve it.

Very good smoothies - Edit

I loved that they had many smoothies and they were really good, but I really can`t say the food was the best here. We ate here a few times because my partner loved the sandwiches and I`m thinking it was because of the roasted peppers(he would love any food if it had roasted peppers on top), but I didn`t find the food as good as he did. Maybe I didn`t try their best options.

Pros: I think it was cheaper than other places

When hunger strikes - Edit

Had a nice brief walk to the place as it's location is ideal. Staff were friendly, and seated me inside which I questioned when there were seats available outside but hey. I was super hungry and the food arrived quickly and tasted very nice. Well seasoned but clean and fresh. I recommend the Patatas Canarias and the Momo. So delicious. Also had fresh juice. Helps that they are open late. Was lovely dining there alone X

Okay - Edit

Had the thali plate and it was okay, nothing special. Nice staff. It was really busy and we got seated upstairs, could almost not bear the noise. Probably much, much nice to sit downstairs or outside would be perfect. Don't recommend the mango lassi.

barato y malo - Edit

restaurante vegano con precios muy barata y calidad de comida mala
las ensaladas son lo mejor de carta y los postres lo peor. fui varias veces porque esta muy barato y vegano pero creo que hay mejores opciones por aquí.

Nice! - Edit

Low prices- menu of ten day costs 8.50€ and contains 2 dishes, dessert and wine or water. Everything was really tasty. It isn't anything new but it is a good option for dinner or lunch next to the important places.

Pros: Nice staff, Fresh food

Cons: Anything special

Great vegan food for a great price - Edit

This is one of my favorite go-to places to eat out here in Barcelona, as it is very affordable and very good!
I always recommend not going Fridays nor Saturdays, as it can get very busy.
The daily menu fills you up and it is only 8.50 euros, dessert included! Their juices and smoothies are also very good. A must go, definitely.

Pros: Food, Price

Cons: Decoration

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Garden - Dels Angels closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.