Veggie Garden - Dels Angels

Contact 931802334

C/ Dels Angels 3, Barcelona, Spain, 08001

Opened Nov 2011, this spacious vegan restaurant on 2 floors uses organic ingredients to create the meals which are based mainly on Indian and Nepalese. Has fresh juices. Sit out on the terrace or inside the painted two-story restaurant. Near Cataluyna square and Museum of Contemporary Arts Barcelona. Mon-Sun 12:30pm-11:30pm

Category: Vegan, Indian, Organic, Juice bar, Asian, Fusion, Spanish, Nepalese

First Review by

Well ... in total disappointing. - Edit

It was our second time here (last time 2014). We ordered a few things, which came in the wrong order. Main before starter and drinks afterwards. The Luxury Thali was not what the name promises. It was boring and "loveless"! The garlic bread was cold and old. Just the salad, the olives and the drinks were ok/good. The staff was not open at all for criticism as we said, the bread was not okay. He even touched the bread and answered he thinks that's the way it is served there. The restaurant has potential but they lost track a little. It is not the place to visit, if you want a nice or special vegan meal in a cozy atmosphere with interested staff. It seems to be mass processing. (We would even give maybe just one star - if it was possible, but cause it's not possible, we don't need to discuss this point.)

Pros: cheap, quick, fresh juice

Cons: mass production, staff not interest , not cozy

So satisfying!! - Edit

This is my first 5-star review on Happy Cow. I dont know what more I could want. The menu has soo many delicious, well-priced options it was difficult to choose. Portions are large, service was quick and the atmosphere is great! My only complaint was the bun on the burger was very crumbly so it didn't hold together well.

amateur, but cheap! - Edit

It reminded me of those dinners that the host tried to make something vegan especially for you, and you know that it is just OK, but you need to say "wow it's really good", and then they offer you more of it and your'e like no no it's fine I didn't eat the salad yet.

So I was not blown, but I did eat it all, even though nothing felt fresh, if not outages, but still cheap and edible.

But still- just for being completely vegan- I will come here and support them. Because they deserve it.

Very good smoothies - Edit

I loved that they had many smoothies and they were really good, but I really can`t say the food was the best here. We ate here a few times because my partner loved the sandwiches and I`m thinking it was because of the roasted peppers(he would love any food if it had roasted peppers on top), but I didn`t find the food as good as he did. Maybe I didn`t try their best options.

Pros: I think it was cheaper than other places

When hunger strikes - Edit

Had a nice brief walk to the place as it's location is ideal. Staff were friendly, and seated me inside which I questioned when there were seats available outside but hey. I was super hungry and the food arrived quickly and tasted very nice. Well seasoned but clean and fresh. I recommend the Patatas Canarias and the Momo. So delicious. Also had fresh juice. Helps that they are open late. Was lovely dining there alone X

Okay - Edit

Had the thali plate and it was okay, nothing special. Nice staff. It was really busy and we got seated upstairs, could almost not bear the noise. Probably much, much nice to sit downstairs or outside would be perfect. Don't recommend the mango lassi.

barato y malo - Edit

restaurante vegano con precios muy barata y calidad de comida mala
las ensaladas son lo mejor de carta y los postres lo peor. fui varias veces porque esta muy barato y vegano pero creo que hay mejores opciones por aquí.

Nice! - Edit

Low prices- menu of ten day costs 8.50€ and contains 2 dishes, dessert and wine or water. Everything was really tasty. It isn't anything new but it is a good option for dinner or lunch next to the important places.

Pros: Nice staff, Fresh food

Cons: Anything special

Great vegan food for a great price - Edit

This is one of my favorite go-to places to eat out here in Barcelona, as it is very affordable and very good!
I always recommend not going Fridays nor Saturdays, as it can get very busy.
The daily menu fills you up and it is only 8.50 euros, dessert included! Their juices and smoothies are also very good. A must go, definitely.

Pros: Food, Price

Cons: Decoration

Fair option in BCN - Edit

So there are plenty of reviews of Veggie Garden here already and although I don't have anything really new to add, I can reaffirm that Veggie Garden is a good choice in Barcelona.
However, the food is more or less average and the service is so-so at best. They offer plenty of juices, so that's good. Actually it's very similar to Juicy Jones, that was very close to Veggie Garden, but closed recently for some reason.
Try to get a seat upstais (or outside if you don't mind all the tourists passing by).
Although it may be a cultural thing to a certain degree, also the mass of tourists, who doesn't encourage the staff to be welcoming as many costumers are only visiting Spain for a short period of time, since very many bars are like that in BCN, they could really improve their service.
Don't expect too much, then you won't be disappointed. Still it's all-vegan, I have to give them credit for that.

the rudest/complacent staff - Edit

Well I was very much looking forward to eating here. The food was nice, after 4 Attempts of trying to order it. Watching staff walk past and ignore us . Food was delivered no smiles or pleasantries. We tried to order drinks , again took ages (I'd like to point out it wasn't that busy ) even trying to pay, we stood un-acknowledged for ages, we even left a tip and got questioned as to why! Hilarious ....wasn't for the service !

Pros: food was good

Cons: staff

Ok food, rude staff - Edit

Food was cheap and fine but there are many far better vegan options in Barcelona. Staff were rude and unhelpful and food took a while to arrive. Wasnt a particularly pleasant place but had a few outdoor tables at least. Juices looked good but we didn't try any. Wouldn't go again.

Pros: Cheap, Good juice selection

Cons: Mediocre food, Rude staff

Absolutely delicious! - Edit

My non-veg friend and I went here on our first night in Barcelona not knowing what to expect and it was an incredible first meal! We ordered two tapas, a veggie wrap, and a strawberry mojito and we couldn't decide what we liked the best!

Pros: the food!, the atmosphere and colorful walls, the value for money

vegan vegan vegan - Edit

This place serves healthy vegan food, no bones about it. Curries are mild. Healthy fresh juices available. Young college feel. Quiet street for outdoor eating unlike so many restaurants on busy traffic control-filled streets.

Decent burger - Edit

My first visit to a foreign country as a vegan so thought this would be a good place to come to have my first meal in Barcelona. My Catalan isn't good so didn't want the stress of checking it was vegan!

Had a great seitan burger with Kathmandu sauce which was really tasty. Partner had the thali and was nice enough. Excellent selection of juices, smoothies etc.

Really reasonable price too.

Will come back for more I'm sure :-)

Crazy designed place with great smoothies - Edit

We went here twice while on vacation in Barcelona. I'm not a smoothie lover in general, but the smoothis here are fantastic. It seems like whatever they throw in a blender will come out tasting amazing. The menu was a bit of a challenge for us. We didn't quite understand what item comes with which side dish. The staff spoke little to no English or was not very helpful in both cases we went there. The rest of the food we ordered was mixed in quality. Some was very good, some was not so good. The walls are painted in a crazy way, much too shrill for our taste. Also, the staff seemed not very experienced. Drinks came after the food, nobody showed up for our bill, checked up to ask iv everything was fine, we didn't get cutlery etc. We showed definitely improve on their service and rewrite the menu to make it easier understandable.

Pros: smoothies and some of the food

Cons: Lousy staff, Wall design not my cup of tea

Me gusta mucho - Edit

Siempre que voy me gusta mucho, quiero volver.
Los camareros van un poco a la suya, la atención al cliente deberían mejorarlo bastante

Pros: Todo esta muy muy bueno

Cons: El menú está muy bien de precio

Delicious vegan food - Edit

Veggie Garden was not too far away from the Mercat La Boqueria. Everything they offer is 100% vegan and they have a huge selection of homemade juices and milkshakes. The food ranges from burger to curries, nachos with guacamole, seitan dishes… I chose the menu of the day, which was 8.50€ for a starter, main meal, drink and dessert. Very reasonable priced!

Full review on http://www.elephantasticvegan.com/vegan-in-barcelona-spain/

Pros: great location, huge selection , delicious juices

Fine for a quick lunch but nothing amazing - Edit

If you're in the area and want something quick and inexpensive then this will probably do. This is all I was after and all that I'd expected given the reviews so it filled a hole quickly. However this is no great example of vegan food so would advise against taking non-veg#ns here. I don't know how anyone could give this place 5 happy cows, or 4 for that matter - first place I've tried in Barcelona so perhaps the local standard. I had the day menu - gazpacho soup and then quiche with apple crumble. All OK. Atmosphere was busy and not the sort of place I wanted to staying in for long. I probably wouldn't go back and would try somewhere else.

Pros: Inexpensive

Cons: Food far from the greatest

Great food for a great price - Edit

We ate lunch here almost every day, the offer very good daily menu's for a cheap price (I don't remember exactly, but I think that it was around 8,50 for 3 course meal). It's a very friendly place and the food was always very tasty!

Pros: Tasty, Cheap!, Different menu every day

Great food - Edit

Had dinner here with my son one night, the food was great, a big menu with lots of choice. We were shoved in a corner downstairs but i'm aware there was other seating upstairs. Service was alright, nothing special. I could not fault the food though and there was a lot, great value.

Pros: Food

Cons: Service

Huge menu, good prices, and unique offerings - Edit

I ate here twice during my 5 days in BCN. One time to grab a tofu burger to go. It was very tasty. I saw they had a pre-fix lunch so I went back for it and it was the best deal I got in Barcelona. There was so many delicious choices for the lunch I didn't know what to choose but went with the stuffed crepe. It was amazing a filling. Started with black bean soup and ended with chocolate mousse. Definitely go here!

Simply love it! - Edit

It was rhe first Restaurant we headed for in Barcelona - and a big hit. busy place but really nice staff and they.are so quick - unbelievable. The food variety is huge and very tasty. very fresh tapas, tasty hummus and some lovely Indian style dishes as well as Moussaki, Burger etc. We went there a couple of times because we couldnt get enough. Also, the juices and smoothies are top. MY PERSONAL TOP VEGAN PLACE IN BARCELONA and we tried many). also, fair prises

Necessary Evil - Edit

The Nepalese staff (actually I think they're Indian) are clueless, some ruder than others. The interior is noisy and looks like someone blew up a paint truck. The menu seems fantastic, but the staff seem unfamiliar with it.

The all-vegan, mostly Indian food is passable, but nothing to write home about. Don't make this place a destination: eat here only if you need vegan food and have exhausted other possibilities.

I've noticed that Continental Europeans are sometimes easily impressed by anything vegetarian / vegan -- probably due to the lack of choices offered them.

Pros: passable utility, affordable

Cons: inept service, mediocre food

Loved it! Great food, atmosphere, service... - Edit

I loved this place! I went by myself and felt welcomed by the staff and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Very spacious and colourful – very interesting surroundings. I had some sort of potato bake and a side of coleslaw and sietan; two juices and took away a tofu sandwich, all of which I really enjoyed. I took some sietan away for non-vegan friends to try and they seemed impressed. Very impressed overall!

Pros: All vegan!, Delicious wholesome food, Vive & Surroundings

Cons: Could have organic options

Very good value for money - Edit

The place serves peculiar vegan food, with many influences of Indian and Nepalese kitchen.
It is interesting food especially if you like sweet and sour tastes and spices.
We had the menu: starter, main course, dessert and water or wine for 8.50, a very good deal.
Food was OK, definitely would come back for a lunch or dinner at Raval.
Also, it has outside seating on a road with almost no transit, so it is lovely if the weather allows it.
On the other hand, I must say that the waiters were far from kind, a bit rough to be honest.

Pros: Value for money, The terrace

Cons: Unfriendly staff

MENÚ CON TOQUE EXÓTICO - Edit

Establecimiento muy guay con decoración colorida. La atención muy rápida y el staff muy amable. Cada día hay un menú por 8,50€ compuesto por un primer plato ligero y un segundo contundente (incluye bebida, pan y postre). A parte del menú hay una amplia variedad de opciones en la carta (otras combinaciones de platos y batidos, zumos, tés...). Merece la pena ir, el menú esquisitísimo!!

Pros: rápido en servir, barato, exótico, mucha variedad

Cons: tiene que gustarte la comida india

Fine for lunch - Edit

Went here on a summers day with an non veg. The salads at the nearby tables were absolutely enormous and more than a solo meal. I had the Japanese salad, which had buckwheat noodles, lettuce (a little brown), huge slabs of carrot, sprouts and some tough tofu. I would have liked it to be marinated more. It was not soft and fresh, rather leathery. This aside it was really fine. My friend had the samosas which looks fine. The juices were a standout -- mango!
This is a popular and totally acceptable place for lunch in a nice neighbourhood adjacent to the contemporary art gallery. Watch out for hideous table service:: they rush you, spill food, and more. But we all have our rough days, don't we?

Pros: Huge salads, Location, including outdoor tables

Cons: Not consistently fresh ingredients, Poor service

Unexpensive vegan food - Edit

It isn't the best vegan place around the city. But the price, taking into account the location is pretty low. The food was pretty good too. I would totally recommend it and I will go back!

Pros: Price

Cons: Not such a big place

Good food, good shakes, all vegan - Edit

Called here for lunch one day and enjoyed some good tapas and a lovely chocolate and banana milkshake. Everything is vegan so nothing to worry about and everything we had was good. There was a daily special menu deal which seems common in Spain, and also thalis, curries, pizzas and sharing platters available. Service was friendly and fast and the place was colourful and chilled out.

Well worth a punt.

Pros: All vegan, Good variety, Reasonably priced

amazing food, very good price!! - Edit

Veggie garden is an absolute must if you're visiting Barcelona! I could not fault it in any way. The food is extremely delicious and for just €8.50 you can get yourself a three course meal, a bowl of bread and either water or wine! I had a Mexican bean soup for starters, seitan goulash for my main and a slice of carrot cake for dessert and it was some of the best food I've eaten. The interior of veggie garden is brilliant with it's brightly coloured walls covered in various illustrations. I felt very welcome and comfortable as the staff were really friendly and helpful. I would definitely visit here again (I went back the next day) and recommend it to anybody!

Pros: amazing food, very cheap, lovely staff

Cons: none at all

So good and so cheap! - Edit

Everything we had there was great! and the price of the menu was 7'5€, yet it was so abundant!

We also asked for a shake, and it was awesome.

The dessert, as well.

It isn't "high cuisine", it is Indian, and is good Indian.

Great location - Edit

With a starter, delicious main, desert and small glass of wine for less than €8.50, there is nothing to complain about at this place and we left very satisfied. Varied menu. The decor is alternative. The location is extremely convenient.

We thought for some time that for this price, we would not find better, but I have to say that Pili Pile has a similar set menu but extremely high quality food and a nicer atmosphere for the same price.

Updated from previous review on Thursday January 22, 2015

Pros: Good value, Good location

Cons: This is great but we found even better!

Favourite food in Barcelona - Edit

First of all, Veggie Garden is at a super convenient location in the center of Barcelona, on the same street as MACBA and CCCB and a few minutes' walk from Plaça Catalunya. It is great for lunch, dinner, or a midday snack while in the center.

I love the food here (which for €8.50 for a full menu, including starter, main, dessert, bread, and wine or water, is super affordable!) but the real selling point is the amazing smoothie/milkshake and juices menu. (A menu on its own leaves me so full I have trouble finishing - and I can eat a lot! - but I always have to order a smoothie anyway as they are so delicious!) They have pages of smoothies ranging from common (strawberry and banana) to unusual (dates and pistachio), as well as green and other juices, all made to order in front of you with their many blenders and enormous industrial juicer.

My favourite smoothie is the Dream Tonight - avocado, pistachio and almond milk, which sounds like a bizarre combination, but is creamy and delicious. The flavors of the smoothies vary a bit from day to day, as the staff uses the fresh fruit on display at the bar, and this may depend on availability.

The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, and the service is quick despite it being an extremely busy restaurant (don't be surprised if you can't linger on the terrace when there's a line of people waiting to sit outside). The friendly atmosphere and the price are the reason I visit about once a week when in my hometown - I definitely recommend it!

Pros: Cheap price for large portions, Quick, friendly service, delicious smoothies

Cons: breads could be better, very busy - they need a bigger location!

Delightful - Edit

Their late night kitchen was a blessing since my original dinner choice (CatBar) was closed :( The waiter was attentive and understood when I expressed I was really hungry. He suggested I order the platter. I wasn't disappointed. I was sad to see everyone eating yummy little desserts and by the time it was my turn to order mine, they told me the desserts were already put away for the night. (???) I found that a little odd. I can only eat so fast and had I known, would've ordered ahead.

Pros: Relaxed environment, Large portions, Alcohol served

Cons: Unclear when kitchen actually closed

Cheap place - Edit

I was curious to see what kind of food could be made at such affordable prices, and I was not suprised : it wasn't really tasty, and the service was kind of cold. I took the indian Thali for the main course, and it was dissapointing compared to those of other Indian restaurants. However the starter I took was really good (the gaspacho).

Pros: Very cheap, Quick service

Cons: Not really tasty, Cold staff

The most wonderful vegan place in Spain :) - Edit

I was in Barcelona for 4 days in April and I ate in veggie Garden 3 times :)
The menu del dia is amazing - there are so many options and the food is incredibly tasty and cheap :)
Ths taff is super friendly, mostly from Nepal (which is like as well) and the place is very cosy and friendly.
This is definitelly a place to visit - and t=just 5min off La Rambla :)

Pros: Menu del Dia, Very cheap, Friendly staff

Good,reasonable food and good service - Edit

Sat on the terrace and had the very reasonable menu del dia. The food is delicious with a great choice. There is also a full menu. I had to wait about 20 minutes for a table as it is very popular. I'll definitely be back

Not bad, but needs improvement - Edit

Great for juices but I was surprised that the bread for our burgers was not fresh, otherwise the food was fine. The service was not very attentive but I've had far worse and this is a very busy restaurant.

Pros: No need to check what is vegan, Good value

Cons: Food quality could be improved

Excellent menu, location and value - Edit

Went to this place on our last night in Barcelona last year. As vegans were really happy with the choices on menu and the prices were pretty good too. A must go if you're in this city.

Pros: Price, Choice , Location

Good restaurant - Edit

I went there for lunch. The restaurant is well located near La Rambla. There are 2 floors and a terrace. The staff is very nice.
They have 3 different combos/menus (6.95 €, 7.75 € and 8.50 €).
I had the economic combo which includes a main dish and a smoothie (fresh fruits with almond milk). The food was good but the portion was a bit small.
Come early if you want to sit on the terrace.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, location

Cons: small portion

Good food at a great price - Edit

This restaurant is very close to Cataluyna square and has a very large menu and very reasonable prices. We would definitely go back if/when in Barcelona again.

Must try & I could eat here everyday - Edit

This is the most affordable and comfortable vegan restaurant in Barcelona. They have a wide selection of dishes for every taste and sitting outdoors is a specialty. Right in the heart of the city, it is accessible from the beach and from La Rambla. Everything is really fresh and made virtually in front of you. Ate two days in a row and had to break it up a bit...

Pros: Extremely choicy menu, Very friendly & quick service, Everything is FRESH

Cons: Not enough seating indoor or outdoor, Might need to wait for a table...

Unpretentious and cheap veggie joint - Edit

Veggie Garden is the cheapest veggie option around, in Barcelona and probably in most western countries as well: around 8€ for a complete lunch set, including a first & second dishes, beverage and dessert.
The food is simple yet tasty, and the fresh juices options just amazing.
Nice little terrace conveniently located right in the heart of the Raval, 5mn away from the Rambla.
The staff is pleasant enough, though not the warmest ever. General atmosphere & decoration is ok, not incredibly cosy.
Wifi works inside only.

Good salads, juices and smoothies! - Edit

I have been to the Veggie Garden like a hundred times! The place is colorful and the atmosphere friendly and relaxed. It's very well located and you can get nice food for great value. They also have a very wide choice of juices and smoothies which they make at the moment. To be honest I don't always like their cooking, but they make wonderful salads which are really big, good and cheap. I especially recommend the Japanese salad, and any of their sweet smoothies (the ones with ice and almond milk). They also have an amazingly tasty tea, called "Nepalese tea", which is wonderful in cold or rainy days, because it's hot and spicy.
The main con is that it is not organic (then again, the prices wouldn't be as low if it was organic). Also, sometimes it can get a bit crowded and quite noisy with the juicer/blender in the background.

I still totally recommend it anyway!

Pros: unbeatable prices, wonderful salads&fruit smoothies&tea, great location

Cons: not organic, sometimes a bit noisy

Good food for a good price - Edit

Overall I liked this place. We went here two times last week. First time I had the 3-course meal with wine for only 8,50 euros. I had pasta, thali and banana cake. The food was good and the service was nice.
The second time I had duplings and the plate of the day, which was some sort of seitansteak. The dumplings were a little dry and did not taste very fresh. The seitan was okay. The service this time was not very good, our waiter was not very friendly and we got our main course before we finnished half of the starters.

Pros: cheap, all vegan, large portions

Cons: service not always good, lots of noise downstairs

We loved it! - Edit

We tried the lunch menu. You can choose between two or three plate for course. There is a starter, main course, dessert, bread and water or wine and we spend about 9€ per person! We loved it! Big portion.
There's a rich menu. Highly reccommended.

Pros: 100% vegan, Good food, Cheap

no longer a nice place to eat - Edit

I went there three times last year and had no complaints but this year I only visited twice because the staff was trying to get people to sit in the small crowded area in front of the counter on the ground floor or outside by the street. I and my companion weren't impressed and decided not to go back. It was a shame because I had enjoyed it last year. I don't know why they try to get people to eat downstairs when it's practically full and early in the evening. I would understand if people came before closing time but that wasn't the case.

Pros: easy to find

Cons: you can' choose where you eat

2 Responses

Loved it - Edit

I found Veggie Garden through a flyer in the hostel I was staying in. I didn't know what to expect but it was great. The three course menu was very cheap (€8,50) and delicious. I chose the Baba Ganoush, Moussaka and Banana Cake. If I'd had more days in Barcelona, I would have come back for the Thali and to try out the extensive selection of tapas. I only saw a glimpse of the interior because I sat outside, but it looked very nice.
As it's very popular, people come and go quickly so I felt like I should leave because others were waiting for a table. Staff didn't rush me or anything though.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Great prices

Cons: Crowded

Fully vegan menu for little money! - Edit

We had dinner at the Veggie Garden and fully enjoyed our food. The menu card is huge, especially concerning fresh juices. We took the menu of the day at 8,50 euros, consisting of one salad or soup of the day, a dish of seitan and a chocolate cream as a dessert. Included in the menu was water or a glass of wine. Every dish was really good, generous and well presented.

The place is usually crowded so you may not find a table outside, but the inside is nice, with plenty of colourful paintings on the wall. One negative point: women's toilets were really dirty the evening we came.

Pros: good food and juices, totally vegan, inexpensive, nice place, well located near Las Ramblas

Cons: can be crowded

our favorite of the whole trip - Edit

We've been to Veggie Garden a year ago and I regretted not taking the Thali plate with my menu back then. And now I saw the amazingly beautiful salads and regretted having Thali this time (which was amazing anyway) :)
Lovely place, nice atmosphere and super quick service.

Pros: quick service, fresh and delicious, good price

Cons: better call and book in advance

Relaxed vibe, good food. - Edit

Good food - all vegan so no mix-ups, relaxed vibe (maybe too relaxed staff...) and really tasty lemonades! Everything for a fair price.

Pros: Homemade fresh lemonade, relaxed vibe, Good prices

Cons: Busy during summer

Unfriendly staff but very good food - Edit

Food is just really good, there's no need to say anything else. Price is fair, even though I think it could be a little bit cheaper. The guy (I think he's the cook) is nice but the rest of the staff... I just think they don't make any effort whatsoever to be nice to you, that's all.. But it's still worth it and I keep coming :)

Very tasty and inexpensive - Edit

We went there once, but will definitely go again. The food was yummy, the price was great and the cocktails did really taste like alkohol. ;-)

Pros: Taste, Variety, Price

Cons: Few tables

Pretty good! - Edit

Huge variety on menu, very good prices.

Had the thali and spinach salad. GREAT salad, Thali was a nice variety put together, good proportion, but tasted merely ok.

The thing is, the lack of veggie food in Barcelona makes this much more of a treat than it would be in a city offering more veggies. So yeah, it's an ok restaurant by higher standards, but darlin, as a vegan in Barcelona - I'll be back.

Pros: Good price, Good variety, good portions

Cons: ok tasting

nice juices, just ok food - Edit

as juicy jones, this restaurant serves freshly squeezed and made juices and good value meals, and also has the same type of menu and decoration, at first I thought it's the same people.
and just as juicy jones, the juices are much better than the food, wich is ok when you're hungry, but it's not what you want if you want a treat

Pros: freshly squeezed/made juices, nice location/decoration

Cons: food mediocre, cold food

Large quantities for low budget - Edit

Veggie Garden is a cozy and coloured restaurant where you can eat good menu for burger/sandwiches, with fresh juices, inexpensively. For the price that you pay, is more than enough. By other side, there's an abuse of carrot and potatoes: they put the same ingredients and sauces in all the dishes but in different ways, giving size to the dish. If you don't have good digestion for spices, maybe is good to order the plainer dish. The owners are attentive and friendly, but impress me that everytime I go there's new staff... In resume: fair vegan food to student-budget (the university is close to the restaurant). The location is great, beside Ramblas and Macba, very touristic. Go with time because normally you have to wait a little if you want to seat in terrace.

Pros: Low-budget, Location, Tasty

Feed the Masses - Edit

Back in the day, sounding like a seasoned vegetarian traveller that I suppose I am, this used to be quite an astonishing place. It's open plan with some seating at ground level, a mezzanine balcony as well as street seating. The walls are colourful and the whole theme is bright and vibrant. For €8.25 you can get a 3-course meal including soup, vegan lasagne and a dessert or a Thali. We visited on 1 Jan 2013 and had tapas consisting of seasoned potatoes, hummus, grilled peppers, olives, tomatoes, indian dumplings and grilled tofu in soy and ginger. I know it might not sound amazing but it truly was. This was washed down with a jug of home made sangria. The place was absolutely bustling and people were even piling in for food after 23:00. Veggie Garden is just around the corner from the fantastic L'Hortet and Biocenter and a few blocks from Juicy Jones and Organic making this a 'veggie' special part of Barcelona. On a second visit in April 2014, I was quite disappointed with the whole experience. The place was grubby and worn in parts, staff were not too welcoming and the food was of a much poorer standard. Seitan like leather was the meal of the day served with cold and tasteless polenta chips and a shabby side salad. Such a shame, I wont be back but it's good to see it doing well and maintaining a grasp on vegan dining in this studenty part of the city.

Pros: Vegan, Location, Daily meal deals

Cons: grubby, basic

Crappy tofu but good thali - Edit

Overall a pretty good experience, I wasn´t amazed at the service or food, but I was happy with it and would recommend it, preferably order the more traditional or ethnic indian or nepalese meals, they are better done and more unique in my opinion than for example the tofu

unpredictable place - Edit

I have visit this restaurant two times in 2012. First time I was really satisfied by the food but second time kind of disappointed.

However, I will come back but I will try to avoid the busy lunch hours.

The staff is confused, misunderstand you, forget you, takes long time to pay even at the counter, but they are nice and friendly.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 22, 2012

I came here again this year. My impression is the same. It is pretty ok food for a low price but it is a little bit unpredictable. Could be great, could be pretty dull.

Updated from previous review on Friday March 22, 2013

And I came here again 2014. Same impression. I visited the place 3 times since I do like their food but sometimes you get something strange and not so tasty. But why complain? the food is really cheap and for that price you get pretty good quality.

Pros: nice location, vegan and creative meals, good value and friendly staff

Cons: confused and slow service, quality varies, sometimes not so impressing meals

runsten I already wrote a review here last time I was in Barcelona and I still would give it the same grading (3). The staff is friendly but the food is uneven but I guess it is ok for the cheap price. However, you can get much better vegan food around the corner in vegetarian restaurants for example in Teresa Carles Cuina Vegetariana (the very very best vegan food in Barcelona!!!) or L'Hortet. I will come back to this place since it is all vegan and I like the food but it is far from the best vegan food I have. More typical mix of spanish version of Indian food and local dishes made on a low budget. Typical favorite place for alternative anarchist students and young wannabe intellectuals..

You should come here if you are vegan it is worth it, but try the other vegetarian restaurants also. I haven't found any really high quality 100% vegan restaurant in Barcelona and therefore prefer the vegetarian restaurants with vegan options. Maybe someone can recommend any place?

pleasant space, good food - Edit

The food here was fresh and yummy, generous portions - my salad was HUGE, couldn't eat it all. Fresh juices etc - great selection. Friendly staff - English speaking. Menu in English alongside the Spanish also.
Would especially recommend the momo (Nepalese dumplings) and the samosas, not as thrilled with the seitan burger or the tofu tapas with satay but both were ok, nonetheless.

ok but not more - Edit

The food is in some way interesting (I mean, it sounds good), but at the end not that good... maybe you cannot expect more for that price.

Pros: vegan choices

Cons: not so good food, food served not so warm

Thought this place was bad, but it's AWESOME! - Edit

Before going there I've read all the previous reviews and thought to myself: "Oh gosh, it must smell like a dumpster due to the street nearby" - just to find out it's a massive exaggeration by some reviewers. ;-)

Seriously, it's a small one-way street and only few cars were passing while my stay.

There are much more tables inside on two floors - so if you are very sensitive when you see a car, try to sit in the restaurant. The walls are very colorful and nicely painted. A real eye-catcher!

The restaurant has a variety of Nepanese / Indian / Fusion cusine. Had the day menu (€8,50) with three courses (starter, main course and dessert). I was overwhelmed from the Indian curry (main dish) and the really awesome freshly pressed juices.

The staff and especially the owner was very kind and had a nice chat with him.

What a pleasant surprise!

Pros: Wonderful variety of food, good price value, freshly pressed juices

Cons: Can be crowded

Disappointing - Edit

Got to the place and waited outside, the service altough not excelent, it wasn't so bad, but it was really slow (even to pay).
As written on reviews, the place outside has traffic and there's noise from cars and pollution since it's REALLY near the stret where cars park and pass by.
The food it was stargint really nice, I tryed hummus and the person with me tryed a salad which were really nice.
The main dish was, altough with a not so bad presentation, with horrible flavour and with a doughtfull texture. The dessert was even wrost, for the price of 8.25 I am sure I won't go back there.
There are far better options even in not vegan restaurants in Barcelona for that price which is not so expensive to BCN standards, but still, expensive for the quality presented.

Pros: Location

Cons: Food / Price, Traffic, Service slow

Could be better - Edit

Tables and forniture are not so good. 2nd floor needs renovation. The tables outside are right next to the traffic, so there is bad smell and car noise. The food is ok, but really nothing special.

Pros: Central

Cons: Cars pass right next to the tables, No servers on the 2nd floor

mixed feelings - Edit

went there last week. I had the €8,50 day menu option where you have 3 selectable courses (soup/starter, main course and dessert), bread and a drink (water or wine). It was all really good and I could not be more satisfied at the end. The price could be better but I guess it is moderate for Barcelona.

Wendy had a salad she chose from the regular menu. It was supposed to be something with roasted vegetables and 3 pestos. The vegetables though cooked were cold, so I guess they were prepared beforehand, stored away in the fridge and then microwaved, and the pestos did not taste well. she said it was the worst restaurant experience she ever had and it was a bad welcoming to the city since it was the first thing we did after we arrived.

at the end we have mixed feelings. also the place has more of a bar feel to it and does not strike so much as a restaurant.

3 1/3 - Edit

This is in between 3 and 4 for me. Starters and desserts were nice but the mains disappointed a bit. Seemed to be a few vegan options, so maybe I missed out and could have ordered better. Server was very friendly and helpful when translating the specials board.

Absolutely Delicious ! - Edit

If only I knew that restaurant before...
Very creative menu, great drinks and cocktails. I can highly recommand this place.
This time I had gaspacho, Thali and carrot cake.
Can't wait to visit BCN and Veggie Garden again.
Thanks to the nice staff as well.

Pros: central, best price-value, staff

Ambivalent, still - Edit

I still don't know what to make of this place, one day after I ate there. It was Sunday afternoon and the place was so overcowded that I went for a walk, when I came back an hour later one table inside was free, outside still all places occupied.

Food was a really interesting combination, and I think it was mainly the sauce that made it for me (Saitan-Satay with Rice). Service was swift and I got what I ordered. Although I did not grasp the "menue for 8.25 thing". So if you take a main dish from the menue it costs you 6 EUR. Fair enough. Presentation of the food is really well done. And as I was not that hungry, I was happy with the portion.

What I always wonder is - wherever you go the organic beer and Tofu and a lot of other organic stuff is from Germany. (There are plenty of (Micro-)breweries locally, they will produce good beer and it would be better for the environment, they can brew according to the German purity laws, if they want to or whatever the reason for that peculiar thing with German Bio food is) I had one of the 330 ml organic beer which was delicious and the Nepal tea as I don't like deserts much. I can really recommend the beer and the tea.

And what did the guy from the Cat-Bar (with the Cat-Bar T-shirt) there? Sampling the food and ...? ;-)

I give 5 Stars as they can't be responsible for the many people that come at a time. I am sure there are times when they place is rather empty. Food is good, very reasonable price.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 16, 2013

Pros: Interesting food presentation, Quick service, good English, Delicious sauce

Cons: although good for the proprietor, it can be very full at times

Great Place, I Go Every Week - Edit

This place is a gem in Barcelona. Quality, homemade foods, great prices, owner is a super nice guy. Terrace is chilled out, and it's a great place to bring friends.

In Barcelona, a salad is usually a sad little plate of lettuce with a few onions. Veg Garden salads are MASSIVE and delish. Best salads in the city for sure, great juices too. We go every week.

Pros: Great Food, Nice Vibe, Great Price

Lovely place!!! :-) - Edit

We are from Norway and went twice to Veggie Garden in our stay in Barcelona and just LOVE IT!!!! The place is so lovely and the staff very sweet and friendly!

My non-vegetarian friend joined me, and he really enjoyed the place as well. You get lots of food for your money and the smoothies comes in overfilled glasses. Delicious thali, momo, seitan burger and the avocado and pistachio smoothie vas very good. The bread however was a bit dry, both the bread they served with the hummus and also the sandwich and burger bread.

But over all a perfect vegan place and i really look forward to return to beautiful Barcelona and the lovely Veggie Garden!! :-) :-)

Pros: Lots of food for the money, Lovely area and sourroundings, English meny

Cons: Dry bread

Seitan burgers - Edit

Stopped there two times. I'll ate (twice) seitan burger which included bun, seitan, tomato, lettuce and mayo. It was good. I myself would have put something more to that, because it was somehow dry, but I think that this is just opinion of taste.

My wife ate seitan with potatos and she fell in love with that sauce.

Quite busy place in evenings so prepare to wait free table

Lovely vegan place in Barcelona - Edit

Very affordable place in the heart of Barcelona, they offer fresh juices and a daily menu where you can taste Nepalese traditional dishes and Mediterranean ones.

Very friendly staff, recommended!

Pros: Friendly staff, Fresh fruit & juices, Price

so delicious! - Edit

I love this place went twice in my 3 days here. I got a special which was goulash, got 8 euro came with a drink, appetizer, main meal and dessert. Lots of delicious smoothies on he menu, central location and affordable. I even brought 2 non veg people here and they loved it.

Pros: atmosphere, price, location

Cons: none

P E R F E C T - Edit

Can only tell you the complete opposite of my previous writer. Me and my girlfriend we've been there for our first time today and all we can say to this cosy eatery is PERFECT!
You won't find a more friendly service with absolutely inexpensive prices (paid about 8,50€ for a whole menue) and such an amazing taste of the meals! The waitresses as well as the cook (he comes from Nepal and thus he is the master of preparing those specialities) are very friendly and i have to repeat myself; the meals are delicious (had the "Thal")!
Go there!

Pros: Friendly, Yummy, Inexpensive

Lukewarm food 15/5/2013 - Edit

Very disappointing indeed. After ordering from a, quite indifferent, waitress the main course arrived at the same as the starter. The main course, a Thali, MIGHT have tasted ok but it was barely warm when it arrived at our table. When we told the English speaking waitress about the food being cold she tried to blame it on the fact that the door was open and it was raining!! We were in & out within 30 minutes, not even stopping to finish my beer (which was out of a bottle so ok!) My partner's exotic smoothie apple, banana and mango tasted of apple and banana only. We paid 24 euro for meals for 2.

We can't remember a worse meal in our 13 years as vegetarians in Spain and this includes an omelette and chips in a fried chicken restaurant many years ago!

As a contrast we paid more than twice the price at nearby Sesamo on Carrer Sant Antoni Abat, 52, but it was worth every euro of the difference.

Pros: Quick, Cheap, local to our apartment

Cons: Cold food, Indifferent service, Boring smoothie

Good healthy food and friendly. - Edit

This place is one of those vegan places that concentrates of healthy food! Which is good, innit? Cos lets face it we can't eat all day long, or at least we shouldn't! Anyway we ate well and despite the small portion of Apple Crumble (can't find a decent sized portion of apple crumble anywhere in BCN!) were contentedly full after.
The staff spoke enough English and were very helpful with our other questions about BCN.

Pros: Fresh and healthy, Fair priced, Helpful staff and central.

Cons: Dailyy menu not so easy to comprehend

You should go here, they are great. Really! - Edit

OK, yaknow what? I was going to give this place four stars (the bathrooms are kinda... less than lovely), but now I have seen some of the mean stuff other posters have said (the waiter didn't speak good English? Why should he?! Buy a phrase book!!), I am giving it five. Because you should TOTALLY go to this restaurant!

I've now been to Veggie Garden twice, once in 2012 and once in 2013, both around Easter time, and loved it both times. The first time I went for a late dinner with a party of 6 -- we booked in advance and were treated superbly by the lovely staff (their English was FINE, by the way). We ordered lots and lots of food from both menu, a mix of tapas and mains, and it all came swiftly, and with no confusions. It was also all delicious! I don't remember everything I ate but I definitely had the Thali and it was great.

This week, my partner and I went back and had an earlier dinner, about 6pm. The restaurant was quiet and there were seats inside and out, we could choose where we wanted to sit, it was very chilled. We both had one of the delicious mixed juices to start with... if you're going, live dangerously and have one of these, because they're amazing! Then we ordered from the tapas menu -- we picked four hot tapes and one cold tapas to share, and were worried we wouldn't have enough food, but we were so wrong! The portions are very generous and super good value. I'd highly recommend the momos, they're delicious. The tofu in satay sauce is also finger-lickingly good. Our waiter was very sweet and attentive. We spoke in Spanglish to him and he was very patient and friendly. We noted that other customers were paying at the till, this is a sensible way of doing things in a busy place with two floors, and the barman who took our payment was also very pleasant and friendly to us. We'll be coming back here again for sure! One of Barcelona's best vegan options :)

Pros: Great food, Great value, LOVELY STAFF

Cons: The other reviews here...? Wtf!

refreshing - Edit

i loved the drinks i had at veggie garden... an avocado pistachio rice milk smoothie, and a mango pear mint drink, which may be the best beverage i've ever had. i didn't have time to sample any of the food, but from what i saw it looked good. also, the staff was incredibly friendly.

Pros: great drinks, nice staff, good location

wonderful place !!! - Edit

i took the 3 course menu which offers you some very interesting dishes...in the first one i took the hummus which was a bit weird but ok. for the second dish i took the thali that was very good ! the dessert was nice orange-chocolate cake. the meal comes with a drink and it costs only 8.25 !
the staff was very welcoming and nice and i think that its a must-visit place for the vegan tourist in barcelona

Pros: very good price, large menu, staff welcoming and nice

friendly service, good value, colorful decor - Edit

Great low price 3 course menu. Tons of amazing blended fruit and veg smoothies. Supplements of vitamins, yeast, spirulina and others are available for juices. Will certainly return, as there are way too many good things I still need to try.

Great! - Edit

Had a great experience here. Enjoyed the potato and leek soup and Thali curry platter. HUGE portions, especially given the low price they charge. Was bursting at the seams from how much I ate. Will go back again but order something smaller or split a main with someone else.

Pros: curry, portions, price

healthy & tasty - Edit

you can really tell the chef puts a lot of love into the food here. very healthy & tasty food.
i had the gnocchi with 3 pestos. when it came out it was definitely not what i expected. it was more of a pasta bake but no cheese, light & healthy. it was accompanied by 3 dips or 'pestos' that were really simple, fresh & tasty. it was presented really nicely as well & came with a small green salad too.
my boyfriend had the vegie burger with satay sauce. it was nice & healthy but the bread was a bit dry & fluffy which was a bit of a let down.
we had the momo's to share which were tasty & garlic bread.. that was a bit burnt & dry too.
all in all : nice healthy food with a really beautifully painted interior. they do all kinds of juices & teas too. the only let down was the bread.
id recommend this place for sure.

Pros: healthy, great food, bright & relaxing place to chill

Cons: the bread

Great vegan food for cheap! - Edit

Two of us had dinner here, we each got the menú del día which is €8.25 and has three courses plus water or wine. There are a few options for each course of the menu and we each went with Mexican black bean soup, pumpkin burger with bulger wheat risotto and apple crumble. The food was all very good (except the salad that came with the burger, it was a bit limp). The main course was huge, we were given two burgers each! I got half of mine to take away! The sevice was very prompt, the staff were polite and spoke both English and Spanish. Overall a very positive experience, definately recommended.

Pros: All vegan, good value, Polite staff, good service, Nice food, big portions

Cons: Limp salad

Love at first bite - Edit

This place is just the best! When you go you have to try the fantastic juices. The menu is huge and the price is right! Decent size servings, very quick arrival. High quality ingredients too. Friendly staff who speak good english. A very fresh and vibrant feel. Just go there :)

Pros: cheap, healthy, friendly staff

Perfect Vegan Place in Barca - Edit

I found the Veggie Garden on Happy Cow and stopped by for lunch today. The location is great as it's off on a side street and the outdoor street terrace ambience is great. The menu of the day featured some wonderful items and I chose the lentil soup, thali, and the apple cake. All were really great. The service to get a table was a little slow, but the waitstaff was very busy. I'll be back again for sure!

Pros: excellent food, reasonable portions

Cons: slow to get a table

Cheap, colourful, friendly vegan loveliness! - Edit

The juices are what do it for me. There are loads of options other than the green ones mentioned above.

The staff are lovely. They gave me extra green juice and the chef (Ramesh) is Nepalese and smiles constantly, making you feel very welcome.

They also have wi-fi and even a terrace outdoors so doggy friendly. They also allow dogs downstairs (because "we are vegans and believe all animals are our equals").

I was already hooked after one visit and one green drink.

I love Veggie Garden.

Read the full review here:

Pros: friendly, variety, dog friendly

Cons: copy of Juicy Jones

I dream about this place! - Edit

Wow... How do I begin?! Firstly, thank-you Veggie Garden for being so amazing! While in Barcelona I visited 3 vegan eatery's and this place was definitely my fav. I dragged my carnivore boyfriend back there at least 4 times (He'd prefer McDonalds but I always win). The cute little chef was so cheery and always asked how my meal was which really made me feel welcomed... and the food... wow, just incredible. Each time I visited I got the 3 course meal which for the price (very cheap) was the freshest, yummiest, biggest meal I could ask for. The veggie samosa, the veggie lasagne and the Indian Thali were insanely good. And the desserts (I had a choccie/orange mousse and the apple crumble) were heaven. I would definitely get the Indian Thali... words cannot describe how much I enjoyed it.
The menu was very extensive, I would of happily ordered a tofu burger but I was trying to be a little more adventurous. The vegan drinks were also lovely, and an added bonus there was free WiFi, which the waitress happily gave me the password for.
Only downfall was when I ordered a smoothie it was slightly warm. So if you're looking for a great smoothie in Barcelona I'd go to Juicy Jones, but the food at Veggie Garden is definitely Number 1.
I must add, my carnivore partner has a veggie burger there which he didn't really enjoy because it fell apart easily, but that to me shows how fresh it was and I tasted it and was in love.
If I am ever lucky enough to go back to the amazing city of Barcelona, I will leap from the plane and run flat out until I am back inside Veggie Garden's doors. AMAZING.

Pros: Epic food, Great prices!, Friendly chef!

Cons: warm smoothie

amazing amazing amazing - Edit

Really really great place. It is like the ultimate combination- vegan and nepalese. Everything on the menu is creative and full of flavour unlike some vegan places. I would really reccommend the momos

Cons: only con was I didn't like the bread

Hit and miss vegan restaurant - Edit

This place has lots of good reviews so we may have visited on a bad day but I can only review what I know so here goes. Firstly this place seemed really disorganised (it was a busy Saturday afternoon), we found a seat and a waiter told us it was OK for us to sit there for the moment but we might have to move (didn't explain why and we didn't anyway). A waitress then appeared and asked what we wanted, well, sort of, her English was very limited and we spent five minutes trying to ascertain what the options were. I don't expecte everyone to speak English is a Spanish place but I did ask her several times if there was anyone available who spoke better English and she just kept trying to explain the menu ignoring my request. Eventually another waiter appeared and
we were told what the options were from the 'Three Course' 8.25 euro menu on the wall, we ordered but there was still a misunderstanding as my husband thought he had ordered 'Enchillada' to be bought a really large, undressed, plate of, mainly, lettuce and a few other bits of salad. This was, of course, 'Ensalda', salad but he had repeated 'Enchillada' to the waiter several times so no idea what happened there. I had a samosa for starters which was delicious. For the main I had a thali which was pretty good, nothing special but nice enough, my husband had a moussaka which which disgusting, he couldn't eat it and I tried a little and it just had a really nasty taste to it that I really cannot describe. For dessert I had a sorbet (which was not set just runny in a cup) and my husband had a banana cake which was ok. The only choices we were offered to drink was water or wine. As we were eating we could see that others had different food, not from the 8.25 menu and we ascertained there was another, larger, menu of individually priced items, why we were never given this menu I have no idea but I suspect it had a better choice of food than we ended up with. I asked for the bill and sat there for 15 minutes with nothing happening, eventually I went downstairs to pay and had to queue for ten minutes as a large party were also trying to pay and seemed to be confusing the man on the till. Overall, I would not recommend this place when they are busy as they really do not seem to know what they are doing, the food is hit and miss, some good some inedible, and the service is questionable.

Pros: All vegan, Cheap

Cons: Very disorganised, Gets very busy, Not very professional staff

2 Responses

best vegan place in Barcelona - Edit

The three of us all ordered a wonderful 3 course meal for a very low price (If I'm not mistaken we only paid 8 euros inluding bread water/vine.
the waitress was really friendly and she explainded everything in English for us.
The atmosphare was very nice, too. There were quite a lot of natives there, too, which is always a good sign.
Veggie Garden is a great place to have lunch, it is very casual though, so I wounld't recommend it for dining.
If you ever happene to be in Barcelona, the Veggie Garden is a MUST-DO if you are a vegan and are looking for some delecious, healthy food!

Pros: amazing vegan food, low price, great service

Great all around - Edit

The first thing that struck us is that we weren't getting spanish service- i.e. there was actually more than just decent, there was *great* service. The prices were amazingly low for high portions, and the hours were not irritatingly spanish either - you can go there and have their menu del dia whenever you want. Their menu also has an amazing selection of really really reasonably priced drinks of all sorts. Also, even though vegan is the only option, there are plenty of different vegan items, and indian food lends itself to being vegan, so this is unlikely to be a problem if you're there with someone who isn't vegan. (Neither of us were, but we avoid meat and dairy usually) Only drawback is that, as far as I could tell, they don't do anything organic - which probably explains the low prices.

Pros: Sevice, Food Taste, Prices

Cons: Nothing OG, No options for inflexible non-vegans

Fantastic! - Edit

really really really cheap. amazing, huge salads. try the japanese or roast vegetable, my favorites. friendly staff. did i say REALLY cheap!

Pros: cheap, bar service is really quick, staff speak many languages

Cons: can get busy , not very comfortable, more cafe than restaurant

Excellent - Edit

I have visited Veggie Garden on 3 occasions recently. The set menu has changes every day. The quality of the food is absolutly superb, and the portion sizes are generous. At the time of writing this review the prices were less than I had anticipated. The staff were friendly and knowledgable.
There were plenty of dishes available. There were plenty of healthy choices.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Choice, Friendly Staff

Cons: Portions perhaps too generous!

Amazing food and value - Edit

A wonderful new vegan restaurant for vegans and veggies alike. Generous portions and superb value. Not to be missed on any visit to Barcelona. Open continuous from lunch till late so no waiting around for them to open in evening. 100%

Pros: Amazing food, Amazing value, Lovely staff

Very nice place - Edit

This place was great, very fun atmosphere, friendly staff, good value, huge portions and lots of options to choose from.
Also the smoothies are amazing.

Pros: vegan!, not expensive, great food

Amazing - Edit

Great value set menu at 8.50 for 3 courses + wine! Everything was delicious and healthy, the staff extremely friendly and perfect english and didn't mind at all translating virtually the whole menu to us! Loved the vege tapas so i could finally have tapas properly, as tapas is usually a bit of a russian roulette for a vegetarian who can't speak catalan!

Pros: Super helpful staff, Great value, Very imaginative food

Best vegan food we had in BCN - Edit

I went there with my partner for lunch and we had the menu of the day which consisted of soup, "Thali" and dessert. Additionally, we ordered (freshly squeezed) juices (which were excellent).

For soup my partner ordered gazpacho and I had the soup of the day which was an artichoke soup. Both were OK but nothing special.

The Thali consisted of 2 curries, a dhal, rice, chapati and sauce. It was very delicious and tasted like authetic indidan food (not like the European versions of curry one gets in so many places). The only thing I did not like about it was how it was served: in an aluminium plate that had "compartments" for the different dishes. I really don't like these plates.

Anyway, the food was excellent and soo much (for a very good price) that we skipped the dessert.

Pros: excellent , menu of the day is very good value, good juices

Cons: presentation of food

Highlight of a Trip - Edit

This is the best vegetarian/vegan restaurant I've been to--hands down...and that says a lot considering I live in Chicago, home to so many vegan restaurants and upscale vegetarian cuisine. Veggie Garden combines everything you could possibly desire in one restaurant: vegan ethnic cuisine, organic red wine, whole grain bread served with the meal, four changing "menu of the day"s, ridiculously low prices--8.25 for the menu of the day (wine, whole grain bread, starter of your choice--between four options, main of your choice--between four options, and dessert), the world's best Gazpacho (and, more generally, soup), vegan samosas, juice bar, smoothie bar, an upstairs sitting area...the list goes on. Did I mention they have a Thali option every day? My boyfriend and I went here 5 times while in Barcelona, I kid you not. We went plenty of other places, as well, but none topped the Veggie Garden. The food was phenomenal--the chefs clearly know how to flavor things the best way possible. On that topic--the service was amazing. The chefs, the waiters...everyone was obviously happy to be working at the restaurant and was always happy to answer any questions--plus, English wasn't a problem! I wish so much to go back to this place! Their gazpacho will live forever in my memory :)

Pros: taste, price, service

Cons: white basmati rice--could be brown , sometimes the brown rice was dry/hard, not located in U.S. :(

Nepalese tapas a speciality - Edit

I tried 3 Nepalese or Nepal-inspired tapas, which were the Momos,which are a kind of steamed dumpling; fried soya beans with a tangy salad; and strips of oven baked tofu with a spicy satay sauce. All of them were absolutely delicious, although I have to say that the fried soya beans were both unusual and extremely moreish being at once crunchy, salty, lemony and tangy. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. I also had two tasty organic vegan beers.

Pros: Terrace!, New dishes, Economic

Cons: Desserts still need improvement

Tasty food, and such a good value! - Edit

Menú del día includes a starter (I had a large, filling bowl of black bean soup), a main (I had a pasta dish), bread, water or wine, and a dessert, and it cost 8.25! That is so cheap for Spain! The portions were really big, and the food was pretty darn good. It wasn't the best food I've ever eaten, no, but it definitely worth the cost plus more. My soup was delicious, and my friend had a tasty gaspacho, which was also good. I was full after the first course, so it wasn't that much of a bummer when I was served a sort of lame main pasta dish. My friend got the thali for his main, which game with a huge portion of rice, three curries, and some other tasty little things. I would recommend that over the pasta, but their main dishes change, so others could be much better. For dessert I had a chocolate pudding, which was the perfect size and very good.
And, again, it's just such a good value. I will definitely go back.

Pros: CHEAP, tasty, all vegan

Cons: upstairs seating is not great, food is a B+

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Garden - Dels Angels closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 27456 times since Nov 2011.