Veggie Family

• Friend
+852-23938012

Ching Wah Building G/F, 145 Sai Yee St, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China,

素食一家, at 旺角洗衣街145號正華大廈地下, provides a vegetarian menu that's around 90% vegan (with clear marking). Features Chinese and Asian fusion cuisine. English menu & spoken. Signature dishes include fried mushroom rolls, sweet & sour pork, and Shanghai spicy dumplings. Offers vegan ice cream in several flavors. Nearest MTRs are Mong Kong exit B2 and Mong Kok east exit B. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Stevie

Consistently good - Edit

We ate here 3 nights in a row because it was close to where we were staying in Hong Kong when on holidays and because it was so yummy we just wanted to keep going back. We tried a variety of dishes, they were all good. The crispy noodles were excellent, the tofu and bean curd hot pot was yummy and the baked mushrooms with lemon sauce was amazing and unique - like nothing I've ever tried before. The staff were friendly and the service was quick. I miss it already!

Pros: Yummy, Wholesome, Quick service

lovely chinese food! - Edit

really really good food here. I particularly love the sweet and sour monkey head mushrooms! quick service, always good quality. and they have happy cow ice cream!

Cons: usually really busy at peak times so best to book

One of famous veggie places in Mongkok - Edit

I still remember that the first time I came here was back in 4-5 years ago when I had not became a vegan. The food here is really good, especially the sichuan spicy series.
I just came here to celebrate my birthday with my omnivore parents. They also like the food. My favorite one is monkey head mushroom in spicy dry pot style. The fried rice here is also good.

However, this place is too famous that there are often lots of people waiting outside for table. There is a time limit for dinner.

Pros: Food is great, Friendly staff, The food is ready really quick

not a bad place to dine in - Edit

i love their spicy and sour sharkfin soup. yummy yummy! my girls love their truffle noodles.. didnt expext it to be so nice.. yum yum...

Cons: Expensive

lovely food - Edit

food is very tasty, and affordable

A Welcoming Place - Edit

Each time I go here, the staff are always super friendly and accommodating. The food is good, and they're well aware of what vegan is, and will happily explain what dishes have eggs and dairy (which is also indicated on the menu). It's very mock meat heavy, so beware if that's not your thing. They serve happy cow ice cream which is always a good thing!

Pros: friendly staff, nice atmosphere , good portions

Cons: mock meat heavy , many non-vegan dishes

Great place - Edit

A bit hard to find for us at first but well worth the trip. The deep fry food was so delicious and their dumplings were awesome. well recommended!

Pros: The food, Great tea

Cons: A bit noisy, A bit crowdy

probably one of the best place in HK - Edit

Went there today with my parents. Had excellent eggplant and fish dices hot pot (#554), delicious fried monkey head mushrooms with Lily and Asparagus (#503), with very good noodles (#614) and fried assorted vegetables (#303). The pan fried bean curd cake (#304) was more common but good too. My father also tried the apple crumble cheesecake (non-vegan) which he found good yet not as tasty as the Loving Hut chocolate brownies (which I love too). Overall this is a great place , probably one of the best veg restaurant in HK. In total we paid HKD479 which is reasonable.

Absolutely Amazing - Edit

Our first meal in Hong Kong was at this restaurant and it was amazing. The food was fresh and full of flavour. In a group of six people every appetiser, main meal and desert ordered was delicious. I will be trying to have as many meals as possible at this restaurant during my stay in Hong Kong.

Pros: Variety of Flavours and Dishes, English Menu, Affordable Prices

Contributions +22

Do not miss this place! - Edit

This was our first meal in bang Kong and it was so amazing! Every dish was perfection, the pad Thai and sweet and sour "pork" was phenomenal. There was also a three page menu of options so plenty of choice! Plus they have dairy free, soy free ice cream!! It was worth every penny and we will be back again many times before we fly home.

Happy lunch - Edit

Had a happy lunch here on our first day in HK, and our lodging is quite close by. Had the sweet and sour "pork" (delicious) and the spicy Shanghai dumplings (yum) and the taro duck (ok, was expecting something a bit crispier). Overall very good!

Pros: tasty, reasonable, staff was nice

Veggie Family - Hong Kong - Edit

I went here for lunch today. While I generally enjoy the Chinese vegetarian places in Hong Kong, I found this place to be a cut above the usual standard.

I was given 2 menus, one of which I suspect something of a new innovation that they have. On this menu they have the vegan dishes marked as so (something I would encourage them to branch with in the other menu also). The place has quite a contemporary decor and the service was polite and efficient.

I ordered a pumpkin and vegetarian sharks fin soup simply because I don't recall having seen that anywhere before. It was very pleasant. I then had Shanghai style spicy dumplings. These were also very pleasant and while the chilli was noticeable, it was not over powering.

I'd be delighted to eat here again, well worth the visit.

Pros: Vegan friendly, A little different from the usual, Great food

Return to Kowloon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Family closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.