Veggie Cafe 108 m2

Aleksandr Barayev 25, Astana, Kazakhstan

Reported as the first vegetarian cafe in the city, opened Sep 2016. offers soups, hot platters, salads, dessert (no yeast), in addition to fast food like pizza, burgers, patties. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, American, Pizza, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by shanery

Great little place! - Edit

I was so happy to find this place in Astana! It was the only truly veggie place remotely near where I was staying. Obviously, it's a meat-centric culture, and this seems to be the only true sit-down veggie option in town (I tried to go to another on Google Maps, but it had closed :( ).

I would have gone darn-near every day if I had stayed longer and gotten there sooner. The best part is that their menu is extensive enough that they have Kazakh dishes (like manti) -- it always excites me to find versions of local dishes (and not just falafel, etc., which is surprisingly common in far-flung places). My food was tasty: had the manti and a burger; the latter turned out to be preprepared and cold, but actually was still good, which is impressive! The prices are good for Astana. The staff was friendly and efficient, and the hours are extensive. The location is correct on Google -- corner of the building -- though you can ignore Google's directions and just go down Tarkhan Street.

Pros: Extensive menu, including some Kazakh items, Tasty, Good prices for what you get

Cons: None!

Really good place! - Edit

It's a small family cafe, where you can find whole variety of vegetarian, vegan and raw food items. They have bussines lunch which will cost you around 1000tg. And they deliver whatever they have on the menu list. Their chef is very friendly. We asked once to prepare something out of menu and we were very happy to have our order home. And what I like I can buy some homemade dumplings, cakes, sausages, they can deliver them too. As I am with a small baby it is very convinient for me. They are very friendly as well) So I def recommend this place!

Pros: Everything is fresh! Very cozy! Food is delicious!

Cons: It takes them about 25 to 30mins to prepare your o

This is a very nice little place. They serve a wide range of dishes from pizza to moussaka. Many of their options are vegan and raw. What I had was pretty good but I'm looking forward to going back to try more of their options.

They also have a little store where it's possible to buy things like fake meat.

Pros: Great range of vegan options in Astana, Reasonable prices, Friendly staff

Return to Astana Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Cafe 108 m2 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.