CLOSED: Veggie Bite Bakery

+44-7821218257

102 Waterloo Rd, Smethwick, Birmingham, England, B66 4JN

A vegetarian bakery and fast food place. Has vegan options. Offers pastries, doughnuts, cookies, croissants and freshly made sandwiches. MAY 2015 REPORTED CHANGED CONCEPT, FB NO LONGER.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by gadgetdave

NOT VEGAN!! STAY AWAY!! - Edit

After eating products from there with vegan friends, some who are lactose intolerant several of us got sick.
Upon recently asking for an allergen list we were denied, then ignored and finally banned from their social media while their owner disappeared completely off the internet.
The products originally advertised as home made have now been revealed by the owner as ordered in from a catering supplier.
The photographs used by the bakery revealed the catering company and the products that veggie bits were selling as not vegan suitable and in most cases not even vegetarian suitable.

Complaints to the FSA have been made and I would highly recommend staying away from this place.

https://www.countrychoice.co.uk/products/ here is the products they sell and the ingredient lists. NOT VEGAN AT ALL.

llamapower 26 Jun 2016 - This is so disgusting! I don't even live in Birmingham and I'm still fuming thinking about this after having followed some of the original discussion on Facebook last year. Did the FSA ever follow up on this? I really hope so, but somehow I doubt it as they will have wriggled out of it somehow. Justice should be served. People shouldn't be able to completely deceive and endanger their customers like this. I can't believe they even used the original catering images on here, including what is clearly a ham sandwich, and expected people to believe they were vegetarian/vegan! It makes me so angry and I haven't even eaten their food! I'm so sorry you had to. :(

Great Vegan / Veggie bakery - recommended ! - Edit

Lovely welcoming family owned business - great Vegan croissants - best I've ever tasted, yummy sandwiches, great scheese and onion, veggie pasties!

They also have fab Veggie burgers, sausage baps, cookies, brownies, chocolate muffins - I could go on!

You can eat in also, at the moment just one table but they are looking to expand and eventually be 100% Vegan also, which would be fab - they listen to suggestions and feedback and each time we go back (every few weeks) there have been changes to menu, improvements to shop layout and a big welcome from Jas the owner and his family!

Needless to say, highly recommended and worth a visit for an inexpensive lunch, and like me you'll probably take plenty home to freeze and eat for lunch later too!

Pros: Fab Vegan food, Very welcoming family business, Inexpensive

Cons: None!

Vegetarian

Contributions +45

AMAZINGGGGG FOOD - Edit

The food at veggie bite is amazing everything is cooked in house from scratch and the people that run this place are amazing and you get a warm welcome! they preper food while you wait or you could text or call the owner and he will get everything ready for your arrival , this is definitely britans 1st 100% Vegetarian Eggless bakery! and there stuff are 80% Vegan which is Fantastic! Highly Recommended

Pros: Lots Of vegan options!

Cons: Cheap Prices For A Veggie / Vegan Bakery

Return to Birmingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Veggie Bite Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.