Vegether

+852-23864366

LG14, Benjamin Franklin Centre, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Sha Tin, New Territories, Hong Kong, China

All vegan eats in the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). Located beside the campus pool. Nearest MTR – University. From University rail station follow signs for bus 1a, 1b & 2. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Chinese

First Review by Stevie

Vegether CUHK, Hong Kong - Edit

Update to this below. I revisited in 2017. They have a free cookbook they give out that contains recipes with milk and egg. I asked the owner about this afterwards and was given a reply about them attempting to attract people who enjoy milk and eggs (not surprising since their other resto is lacto ovo vegetarian). That personally undermines my confidence that this place is genuinely all-vegan in all of the products they offer.
---
All vegan eats priced to be budget friendly for students.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-04

Cons: Free cookbook with milk and egg dishes

Vegan restaurant at CUHK - Edit

I went to Vegether last week as part of a vegan meetup and I was pleasantly surprised.

The food was very good. I would specially reccomend the "chicken" skewers and the barbecue "pork", both were very tasty and very different too. The thing that I liked the least was the hamburguer (the bun and the burger itself were a bit hard for my taste).

The staff was very friendly and they even gave us a recipe book for free. It is a bit far away being in the university campus but Vegether is definitely worth a visit or two.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Cheap

Cons: Location

Return to New Territories Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegether closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.