Veget'Halles

0140419395

41 Rue des Bourdonnais, Paris, France, 75001

Végét'Halles offers mostly vegan food and sources some organic produce. Has gluten-free. Sample menu items include brochettes de crevettes végétales, roti aux noisettes, and assiette composée. A mixture of French cuisine, hearty veg mainstays, and international cuisine. Busy spot, with a slightly upscale atmosphere featuring many indoor plants. Previously called Saveurs VegetHalles, reported name change in November 2016. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-3:00pm, Mon-Sat 7:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, French

First Review by kaitimar

resto honnête - Edit

C'est un très bon restaurant végétarien. L'accueil est agréable, le service un peu lent. A essayer, le menu entre midi et 14h. Peu de fantaisie dans ce qui est proposé.

Pros: bio et équilibré

Cons: un peu triste, un peu cher

Great lunchtimes meals - Edit

Cosy place and lovely hearty food and a reasonable price. Vegan options clearly marked.

Cons: staff not overly talkative, our waiter didn't

lovely atmosphere - Edit

This was a busy vibrant place. The options were good. Lots of vegan versions of meat dishes. This is not what I normally eat. I really enjoyed the visit for one night though. Food was fast, staff were really helpful and meals were good.

Correct - Edit

Nourriture correcte mais pas non plus fabuleuse (les frites sont par exemple congelées, c'est dommage). Le lieu est un peu bruyant. Accueil agréable même si le serveur ce soir-là était un peu tête en l'air. Les prix sont corrects.

ok - Edit

I might have chosen the wrong dishes but somehow it didn't meet my expectations... It wasn't bad, just a bit bland - a bit dry also, maybe.

Pros: convenient location

Cons: not the best food

wonderful menu great value lovely people - Edit

we had Valentines in Paris on our honeymoon in this restaurant. It was PACKED! And the staff were busy but really good humoured and lovely. We chose a fixed price 2 courses as it was an easy way to narrow down the incredible range of choices. I stuck with something simple and had a taste of my partner's seitan stake with sauce and it was amazing and huge. I'd recommend it to anyone. You certainly don't need to be vegan to enjoy this place - you'll convince any vege or vege-curious!

Pros: large interesting menu, great range of fixed price options, lovely staff

Cons: so many choices it's hard to decide

Popular Vegan Restaurant in Paris - Edit

My non-vegan husband and I went here for dinner and were lucky to get a table without a reservation. The food was tasty; we split a large green salad and a quinoa veggie burger with fries. The only disappointment was I tried to ask the waiter what was the most popular dish and he could only shrug. I usually like to get recommendations from the staff. The décor was nice with lots of plants and it was in a decent area of the city.

Pros: tasty vegan dishes, nice decor

Cons: staff not too helpful with recommendations, popular so reservations a good idea

Cosy and delicious restaurant - Edit

I was incredibly pleased to learn that this restaurant was a two minute walk from my hotel and trotted over henceforth as soon as my bag was unpacked. Managed to get a table without booking, but it was early on in the week and the restaurant was very busy. Will be sure to book in advance in the future. Wide selection of vegan dishes available and a really great wine list. Food was of good quality and staff were very attentive.

one of my fav veggie restaurants in Paris! - Edit

I love the brochettes and loads of other amazing dishes. It's a bit pricy, particularly the wine, so we come here mainly for special occasions, but it's totally worth it.

Great Place to take your Non-Vegan friends - Edit

I've visited VegetHalles many times during the last couple of years.

The menu, with plenty of vegan options, haven't changed for a while; however, the plates are yummy and portions are decent.

My favorite dishes are the "Escalope de Seitan" and the "Rôti de champignons". From the desserts, the crumble is quite nice too.

The place is rather large; however it can get crowded during dinner time, so I'd recommend booking a table in advance.

Pros: many vegan options, location, good value

Cons: not fully vegan

... - Edit

Ne sert plus 1h avant la fermeture

c'est bon - Edit

J'y suis allée plusieurs fois, la qualité dépend des plats. Le kebab n'a rien d'un kebab par exemple. Certains plats sont très bons, d'autres beaucoup moins. D'où la note moyenne. Il faudrait travailler à harmoniser tout ça ! :)

Pros: certains plats sont très bons

Cons: certains plats sont beaucoup moins bons

My fav place in this district! - Edit

This restaurant should seriously consider serving food continuously, as its kitchen operate in specific hours. For a good table, or secure a seat, booking is very much recommended. As for the food, well, this is one of the oldest vegetarian restaurant in Paris, which went through different transformations and remain opened to the cause of animals, and naturally offered many vegan dishes.
If I have to pick one? I'd go, with no hesitation, for the seitan loaf with the creamy mushroom dressing.

Pros: Location, Menu is appealing, Desserts are yummy!

Cons: Often full, Service hours aren't flexible to demand

Disappointed - Edit

The kind of restaurant you can leave by feeling that u'll not be coming back.

Pros: Central, large choice

Cons: Bad quality of food, servers not vg

Nice atmosphere, poor food - Edit

The place was crowded and people waited in line outside. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. But the food was quite bad, served instantly (= certainly prepared too long in advanced): hummus of supermarket quality, small amount of overcooked vegetables, and an inedible "mushroom steak" that tasted like bread soaked in water and then fried in some bad margarine. Very disappointing all in all. The ecological wine was good though.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Good simple ecological wine

Cons: Food of very low quality

Great food just a few steps away from Les Halles - Edit

I was quite surprised at some negative reviews, maybe we were just lucky but we went there a couple times and only found very good service and food - and huge portions, which doesn't hurt. I definitely recommend the seitan escalope with mushrooms, one of the best vegan dishes I had so far. Plus, the position is great, within walking distance from the heart of the city. Make sure you have a reservation as the place is not that big (well, no news for Paris).

Pros: Broad choice of vegan food (including desserts), Moderate prices, Close to Les Halles

Great Menu, Lousy Food - Edit

I have eaten in a lot of vegan and vegetarian restaurants all over the world. This one didn't come close to some of the better ones. The prices were high and the food was mediocre. Presentation of the food wasn't that great either neither was the service. Yet this place was packed - so if you do go make a reservation. I ordered the Beignets de Legumes - which were basically fritters with some sweet sauce - these were okay. Then we ordered Aubergine basilic au lait de coco & Protéines de soja - which was eggplant and soy protein in a coconut curry - was pretty tasteless and bland for a curry. Then we ordered a Salade Océane which was basically mixed greens with seaweed, tomato, carrot, alfalfa, vegetable shrimp (soy protein) and sesame sauce. This salad was bitter and totally lacked flavor. We were disappointed and hungry after the meal. The service wasn't that great either. Would not eat here again.

Pros: Vegan/Vegetarian

Cons: Not very tasty food, expensive, very small quantity

Great lunch - Edit

I had the complete menu for 15,90 euro at lunch: crispy mushrooms with chutney, escaloppe of seitan with mushroom cream, red lentils, cereals and mushrooms again as side, and a vegan crumble. Everything was delicious. Great place, price and food. I would come back.

Pros: food is great, nice place, good location

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veget'Halles closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.