Vegeterinburg - Rita Nouva

• Vegan-store Veg Store
  • ( 7 reviews )

8 Marta, Bld 5, Yekaterinburg, Russia, 620014

Vegetarian store within a larger building. Mostly vegan but some products contain dairy protein. Stocks whole foods and some fake meats like vegan fish, cheese, soy products. Makes its own vegan ice cream, tofu, pelmeni (Russian cuisine), seitan. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

First Review by BloodyRose

happydillard

Points +356

18 Jul 2021

Cool!

The shop’s a bit small, but it’s still cool. The ice cream was really tasty. My family got Vanilla, Chocolate, and Pistachio.

We also got Pelmeni and some sandwiches. The Pelmeni were really tasty. However, I thought the sandwiches were a bit bland. They were still good just not 10/10 good.

8/10 recommend

Updated from previous review on 2021-07-11

ilovebrusselsprouts

Points +31

09 Jan 2020

Lovely little vegan store.

This place has a lot of vegan choices. A lot of pielmenis, dumplings, sausages, soy products like meat, milk and tofu. The whole experience is nice, even though I had to wait for a seller a bit😄there is an option to buy stuff like textured soy protein in your container.

Pros: Lots of vegan choices, Friendly shop keeper

Cons: A bit expensive

SandyAndJuliOnTravel

Points +144

18 Oct 2018

Special place. Tasty soymilk

Tasty selfmade soymilk and tofu.
It's a bit hard to find.

Pros: cheap, tasty, selfmade

Cons: hard to find

BlackCurrant

Points +231

24 Aug 2018

Thank god for this place!

I also stopped by to stock up on supplies for my trip to Irkutsk and the owner was super nice! He speaks English and helped me find the stuff I needed. He also offered me a vegan meat-filled fried pocket, which was delicious. And they have homemade tofu!

Pros: helpful staff, almost everything is vegan

Cons: a little hard to find

shekshaman

Points +341

06 Jul 2018

A gem in Yekaterinburg.

We came here for some supplies for the Trans Siberian rail and some stuff for lunch. It is ALL vegan. They make all the milks, tofu, meat and ice cream in store. It is all delicious! Our favourite had to be the fake sausage and the marinated tofu (we tried 5 out of 6). It was so cheap we couldn’t believe it. They have some stock which they don’t make (nuts, biscuits, chips, tea), which are extremely cheap and really delicious. They are also lovely, the woman who was working spoke English and was very helpful. Highly recommend! It is situated in a small complex where the address says. They share their store with a pharmacy.

Pros: Delicious vegan products, Extremely cheap, Perfect before trans Siberian rail

BloodyRose

Points +182

01 Jun 2017

Good store

I'm not from Yekaterinburg but I was there a few years ago and I visited this store when it was inside a different shopping center. It was really small, taking just about 1x2 meters of space. At the time, it was just a fridge with vegan sausages made of seitan and a shelf near it with some other products. As I looked at the sausages' ingredients lists, a man came over and took one from the fridge, which made it feel like the store had a consumer base despite being so small. The store clerk was just a good-looking guy that did his job and caused no issues.

Since then, me and my family have been in contact with the owner of the store, Armen, and he's agreed to send us products to our city through a shipping company. His prices weren't high at all, meaning that he charged very little extra compared to the prices of the manufacturers he bought from (mainly from Moscow, but also from Europe). There were many products to choose from on the website, none of which could be found anywhere else in my city at the time. We've purchased vegan desserts & yogurts, seitan sausages, TVP, amazing vegan fish from Asia made of soy, great vegan cheese from Greece, with different flavors, and more things I can't think of.
The owner has always been really friendly and helpful, referring to his clients by name, responding to emails and calls, giving us the contact info of the companies he worked with so we could ask about the ingredients and so on.

I'd rate the store 5/5 but since it's not fully vegan, I'm rating it 4/5.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-06

Pros: Good prices, A lot to choose from, Friendly and helpful owner

Cons: Website is not up to date, Not everything is vegan

Everyoneisvegan

Points +48

24 Mar 2017

Vegan treats for the Trans Siberian

We visited Yekaterinburg on the Trans Siberian Express and were looking for a place to stock up on supplies to get us through the next 35 hour train journey. This small home business makes their own soya products and has a few great vegan meats and cheeses as well. If I lived in Yekaterinburg, I'd come here all the time. Or if you're just passing through on the train, I really recommend stocking up. The guys that run it are really lovely. Note that it's a little tricky to find as it's on the ground floor of an unassuming office-like building. Loved it so much I had to blog about it: https://everyoneisvegan.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/a-home-grown-vegan-awakening-in-siberia/

Pros: homemade vegan supplies, friendly owners, great value

Cons: Hard to find, Limited English, Small store

Return to Yekaterinburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegeterinburg - Rita Nouva closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.