Vegeterinburg - Rita Nouva

• Vegan-store Veg Shop

8 Marta, Bld 5, Ekaterinburg, Russia, 620014

Vegetarian store within a larger building. Mostly vegan but some products contain dairy protein. Stocks whole foods and some fake meats like vegan fish, cheese, soy products. Makes its own vegan ice cream, tofu, pelmeni (Russian cuisine), seitan. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

First Review by BloodyRose

Vegan treats for the Trans Siberian - Edit

We visited Yekaterinburg on the Trans Siberian Express and were looking for a place to stock up on supplies to get us through the next 35 hour train journey. This small home business makes their own soya products and has a few great vegan meats and cheeses as well. If I lived in Yekaterinburg, I'd come here all the time. Or if you're just passing through on the train, I really recommend stocking up. The guys that run it are really lovely. Note that it's a little tricky to find as it's on the ground floor of an unassuming office-like building. Loved it so much I had to blog about it: https://everyoneisvegan.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/a-home-grown-vegan-awakening-in-siberia/

Pros: homemade vegan supplies, friendly owners, great value

Cons: Hard to find, Limited English, Small store

Good store - Edit

I'm not from Yekaterinburg but I was there a few years ago and I visited this store when it was inside a different shopping center. It was really small, taking just about 1x2 meters of space. At the time, it was just a fridge with vegan sausages made of seitan and a shelf near it with some other products. As I looked at the sausages' ingredients lists, a man came over and took one from the fridge, which made it feel like the store had a consumer base despite being so small. The store clerk was just a good-looking guy that did his job and caused no issues.

Since then, me and my family have been in contact with the owner of the store, Armen, and he's agreed to send us products to our city through a private shipping company. His prices weren't high at all, meaning that he charged very little extra compared to the prices of the manufacturers he bought from (mainly from Moscow, but also from Europe). There were many products to choose from on the website, none of which could be found anywhere else in my city at the time. We've purchased vegan desserts & yogurts, seitan sausages, TVP, amazing vegan fish made of soy from Asia, great vegan cheese from Greece, with different flavors, and more things I can't think of.
The owner has always been really friendly and helpful, referring to his clients by name, responding to emails and calls, giving us the contact info of the companies he worked with so we could ask about the ingredients and so on.

I'd rate the store 5/5 but since it's not fully vegan, I'm rating it 4/5.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-06

Pros: Good prices, A lot to choose from, Friendly and helpful owner

Cons: Website is not up to date, Not everything is vegan

Return to Ekaterinburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegeterinburg - Rita Nouva closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.