CLOSED: Vegetary Restaurant

Contact 07-2695280

191 CingNian Road, LingYa District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan,

A la carte menu restaurant offering many Cantonese recipes on the menu including bamboo fungus and a large variety of other mushroom and vegetables, cooked or raw. Moved from 145, WuFu 3rd Road. DEC 2014 REPORTED NO LONGER AT THIS LOCATION.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Cantonese

First Review by junya

A treat - Edit

When I looked at the prices here I got queasy - not expensive, but beyond the range of my normal budget. Moreover, although there's an English menu with photos, the staff spoke no English (yet put much effort in serving) and I spoke no Chinese so I wasn't completely sure about what I was ordering. But when my pumpkin hot pot arrived, brimming with an attractive array of veges, fungi, and tofu, all my fears vanished. The chef's skills were best demonstrated by the sauce. Though I recognized the base ingredient (fermented bean curd), I never knew the simple ingredient could be elevated to such a grand taste experience! Just the sauce alone made it worth the price (and the portion was enough for 2 people). My second visit was with a friend, who acted as interpreter. We shared the herbal hot pot and I was not disappointed. And splitting the bill brought the price down to my budget. This is a place to treat yourself and others to a special meal.

Easy to find: located on the street in the Hero Hotel building, across from the Kaohsiung Girl's High School.

Pros: light, tasty food, friendly staff

Return to Kaohsiung Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Vegetary Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 782 times since Apr 2010.