First Review by Silvia2

Really good, but small and crowded - Edit

For only 19€ me and my girlfriend got delicious vegan meals, a fresh juice (delicious!) AND two different desserts. That makes it the best place for the price we have eaten in Portimao!

Pros: Price is good, food is totally wholesome! :p

Cons: It was actually a bit stressful for me with people, They're only open for a few hours a day. , Still get 5 stars though! :D

amazing little place :) - Edit

Food was delish! There was only to choices of plates but I was really happy with my meal! I had a big plate of eggplant and couscous pâté that was so good, even my non vegan boyfriend found it amazing! We had a fresh juice too that was really good, and the prices are so low for the quality of the food, so I recommend you try this place!

Pros: big portions, great quality of the food, fast service since warmed in the microwave

Cons: warmed in the microwave

worth the stop - Edit

Stoped in on a drive past Portimao and glad we did. The food was so good we bought some to go for the rest of the drive. It must be a hit with the locals because the small place was packed and people were waiting for seats.

Great place, great food! - Edit

Fantastic little restaurant. 5.50€ for a large plate of all vegan food, 2€ for smoothies and desserts. Open from Tuesday to Saturday (until 6pm). Really tasty, nice owners and quite good choice.

Pros: ALL vegan, Great Value

Authentic cuisine! - Edit

This small family run restaurant offers several daily menus + take away.
When we went there we tasted the "empadao" which is the tradicional mashed potatoes with minced meat. It was served with plenty of different salads: carotts, beetroot, corn, etc.
We also had a frech apple/carott juice to drink.
The atmosphere of the restaurant is really friendly. Our waitress was the 8 years old youngest girl of the family; she new all the menus and options by heart :-)
Lots of locals came to take away their food for lunch.
Food is really cheap: 5.50€ for the main dish and 2€ for the juice.

Pros: Food, Very cheap prices, Tradicional cuisine

Cons: No written menu available, Only 4 tables in the restaurant

Small resstaurant but big on taste - Edit

A great find serving interesting food we had never tasted before. Inexpensive and generous with different dishes each day.Well worth going!

Pros: Generous, Good value for money, Different food

Cons: Not very comfortable, More like a bar than a restarant, Great for lunch but not dinner

little gem - Edit

This is a little gem, the staff are very friendly, the food is simple but really tasty, with a choice of soup, two main meals,salads and pasties followed by a choice of puddings.
It is small cafe with only limited seating, it is very popular with the locals (justifiably).
They make fruit juices to die for.
Please give it a go it is well worth a visit.

Pros: Very good food, Good fruit juice / smoothies, Inexpensive

Cons: limited seating

Öffnungszeiten beachten! - Edit

Siehe Foto!
Montags bis Freitags von 8- 18 Uhr, Samstags und Sonntags geschlossen.
Wir haben den Weg umsonst gemacht, da wir nirgendwo vorher die Öffnungszeiten sehen konnten.

Great vegan restaurant - Edit

We had to drive for an hour and a haf to get us some vegan food but it was so worth it. We enjoyed our meals and the smoothies a lot. So much that we went back there again the day after. Very friendly staff. Whenever we are going to Portugal again we will definitely stop in Portimoa.

Good food, very friendly - Edit

The staff here is very friendly, the ingredients are fresh, the food is good... definitely a good experience.

If you're in southern Portugal, this is the only vegan place you're going to find, but it's not just good because it's the only thing you can find. It's good on its own standard.

Desserts at this place are highly recommended.

Pros: All-vegan, Friendly

delicious homemade food with love - Edit

the best food we have eaten in portugal. my bf is not vegan not even veggie but he enjoyed this food so so much. he also said this was the best food :) we went there twice for lunch. both days they had delicious homemade cooked vegan food(three options normally - all nice balance of protein and carbs with healthy grains) you can have small or big plates. they put your choice on it with salad, nuts, bit of fruit & dressing. we had fresh juices and desserts. all delicious. the vegan deserts are divine. they serve soya coffee too.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, nice homey place

Wonderful food! - Edit

We were struggling to find Veggie food in Portugal and then we happened upon Vegetarianus in Portimao! We went for lunch and the food was absolutely delicious! There was no printed Menu, but the owners explained in detail what was on offer. What we chose was tasty, substantial, very filling and exceptionally cheap! The total for two Dishes of the Day and two freshly pressed fruit juices came to !5 Euros (£12.20 for two), by far our cheapest meal! We have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant as a place to go and sample the delights of Vegetarian foods!

A solid option! - Edit

Nice place with no-frills yet tasty food. If I understood them correctly (I spoke Spanish with them) some of their stuff may not be vegan even though they are vegans themselves. Odd.
Either way, the juice was superb and the food was not objectionable either. On top of that, I had a couple desserts since apparently they were all soya-based and vegan. I got even happier when I found out that I could purchase some really inexpensive pastries for take away, both sweet and salty, which really came in handy for my trip the day after.

Pros: Juice, Food, Desserts/other items

Cons: Not quite reliable/clear opening hours

Basic but worth a visit - Edit

Didn't get a chance to eat here on the firt visit in Feb 2010 as it was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Opening times apear to be Wed to Sat 9 am to 6 pm. It has seating for around 10 people, the food appears to be mainly vegan. On the day we went we had lasagne and a creamy (soya)spinach bread crumb coated pastie. We were the only people in and the whole family seemed to be helping around the place. Very friendly, glad I visisted but I prefer Alquimias on the other side of town.

Pros: location, food options

Cons: limited opening days

Best Vegan Food Ever - Edit

I visit this restaurant every time I'm in Portugal. This restaurant is 100% vegan. It is hard to believe they do not use milk or eggs, especially in their delicious desserts. Very small space but worth it! They are two main dishes to choose from every day. Try the spinach quiche if they are offering it.

Pros: Delicous, 100% vegan, Desserts

Cons: Small space

Modest little gem, make sure your visit it! - Edit

We were fortunate enough to make it to this place just before closing and we are so glad we did. The food was gorgeous and made with love and care. The owner and his daughter, who are both vegan were very friendly. According to the owner this cafe is vegan. No alcohol or coffee is served so this should be amended in the summary. Highly recommended!!!

Pros: Lovingly made food, Great tasting, vegan!

Cons: Not open during weekend

Return to Portimao Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegetarianus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4434 times since Feb 2010.