Vegetarian Time

n/a

Pracharakpattana Rd, Tambon Maret, Koh Samui, Thailand, 84310

Small vegetarian restaurant. Staff know enough English to understand you. Directions: from the main ring road you will see yellow vegetarian sign near 7/11 shop, follow it, after 100 metres on the left side you will see the place. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-6:30pm. Times may be unreliable, please let HappyCow know.

Categories: Vegan, Thai, Take-out

First Review by MarcelMikschl

Don't Miss Trying This Place Out - Edit

During our seven days on Samui my wife and I ate here three times. Had we tried it on our first day here, it might have been seven out of seven. The positively delightful owner, Mama Tim, is a lovely Thai woman who speaks good English and wants nothing more than to please her guests. On none of our visits were we presented with a menu and we simply relied on Mama Tim's recommendations.

Our first meal there was an orgy of food, far more than the two of us could consume. It consisted of a large plate of delicious corn fritters followed by a mountain of stir fried morning glory, two heaping plates of steamed rice and a platter of stir fried mixed vegetables. Including two bottles of ice cold water the total bill came to 200฿. Not only were the servings extremely generous, all were scrumptious.

On our next visit, we asked Mama Tim to bring us less food and she obliged by serving us two plates of steamed rice and a two plates of a different veg stir fry. Again, the cost was 200฿ and we left with full bellies and happy palates.

On our last visit, Mama Tim told us she had soup available, so we ordered a bowl along with a plate of Pad Thai. The noodle soup was a vegan version of Tom Yum filled with noodles, vegan fish balls and tofu. The Thai flavours were all there in perfect balance and the spice level was enough to satisfy my desire for some heat, but mild enough that my wife was also able to enjoy it. The Pad Thai was good, although I have had better. Even Mama Tim said it's not her number one dish.

While we were eating, the skies opened and the rain persisted for about two hours. Since we had a two km walk back to our hotel, we waited around for it to subside. In the meantime Mama Tim chatted with us, gave us tea and coffee and basically made us feel like family. When we decided the rain had let up enough for us to leave, Mama Tim offered to drive us back to our hotel. Our bill for a great meal and a wonderful afternoon with this delightful woman was 120฿.

If you're in Samui I would definitely recommend going out of your way to eat at this cozy little shop. My wife and I likened the experience to when we were kids and we'd arrive home at noon to ask our Mom, "What's for lunch?".

Updated from previous review on 2018-05-26

Pros: Delicious Food, Incredible Value, Charming owner

Cons: A bit off the beaten track, Lacking decor

Best vegan restaurant in Koh Samui South - Edit

Prices are crazy cheap, but very good quality and big portions.

Owner speaks very good english and gave me some free stuff to try.

You can choose from menu or just tell them what you want and they prepare it for you fresh.

Also pre made food for take away or eat in house.

Vegan Pad Thai - 50 Baht

Return to Koh Samui Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegetarian Time closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.