Vegetarian Restaurant

Dongmieng Road, Vientiane, Laos

A small, clean vegetarian restaurant opened in late 2015. Offers a daily lunch buffet, as well as made to order dishes. The cuisine focus is vegetarian versions of common Laos food with some vegan options. Mushroom larb, papaya salad, and many noodle dishes are just some of the dishes. The owners are strict vegetarians and friendly and are able to accommodate any special requests you may have.

Category: Thai, Buffet, Laotian

First Review by Bob Sultan

Good food, friendly owners - Edit

A nice, clean, bright place run by two friendly young Lao guys who speak some English. The hours are 9AM to 7PM. I arrived around 2:30PM so there wasn't much left of the buffet lunch. So, I ordered from the menu, which is in Lao, which I don't read or speak. But they gave me some idea of what was on the menu. I stopped them when they got to sweet and sour tofu. The portion was generous, the rice was good and there was fresh tomato and cucumber on the side. The taste was excellent. This made to order dish was 15,000KIP or about $1.87 (can't beat that). As an extra bonus, I got free desert, i mixture of sweet potato and fresh corn in a coconut sauce (excellent) and two bananas. Unfortunately, the place is about a kilometer or so north of the main downtown area... I like to walk so it was no problem. It's a nice neighborhood to walk around. Across the street from a large Wat. Very easy to find. Map placement is accurate. Big sign that says vegetarian.

Pros: Inexpensive, Friendly, Good food

Cons: A bit of a hike from downtown

Return to Vientiane Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.