Vegetarian Paradise

• Vegan
Contact 678-518-8649

6125 Covington Hwy Ste 5, Decatur, Georgia, USA, 30035

Decatur vegan restaurant serving Caribbean style vegan food including patties made from tofu, ackee, and vegetable, also rice and peas with vege chicken or beef, callaloo roti, vegetarian soychicken, juices and smoothies. Casual setup.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Caribbean

First Review by kimmie2072

Good Food Long Wait - Edit

I've been a customer since VP was called Atomic Juices. The food is great but you will be in for a very long wait. Sometimes you will be waiting 10-15 minutes before they take your order. In many cases they run out of some products extremely quickly ie. Tufu and Veggie Patties which seem to be a top seller however you will be a lucky customer if you are able to buy consistently. They have a large selection of juices and smoothies but they are VERY over priced. Each additional additive ( equivalent to a tbsp ) is priced $2-$3 each??? Therefore it's quite easy to order a $12-$15 drink. I can make several of the same drinks at home for the amount of one drink @ VP

Pros: Good Food

Cons: Slow Service/ Long Waits, Over Priced Drinks, Limited Availability

this food is delicious - Edit

I decided to give this place a try. I'm so happy that I did. The veggie burger was delicious. They offer so many healthy options. I also got the ground "beef" wirh steamed vegetables. I have been having a hard time getting my daughter to eat vegan but she devoured this food. I will definitely be going back.

Great Food but Unappealing Environment - Edit

I came here 2 years ago and left immediately. I decided to give it a second try today with a little more of an open mind and the following was my experience. This place is easy to find using GPS but the exterior of the shopping center and neighborhood is unappealing. The interior of the eatery is clean (health/safety rating was A) but bland and uninviting. There is very little seating and very little food on display. That said... The staff is friendly and the food is very good with a little Caribbean kick. I will return here. If you are open-minded and willing to look beyond the aesthetics then this place might also be for you.

Pros: great food, friendly staff

Cons: eatery interior, neighborhood

no - Edit

the most intelligent restaurant I've ever been in. Very unimpressive.. Really limited selection and nothing sounded appetizing. 4 other people in there with me and no one was being helped. I'm glad there was no one behind the counter, actually, because I would have felt kinda bad when I turned around and walked back out. This was no paradise, and I'm not just being a vegan snob! Here's your warning, people of happy cow...

Really Special - Edit

the Vegetarian Paradise is the bomb!! I love carribean food and they sure are doin it right. They give samples of many items. Also, the drinks are out of this world!!!! The smoothies and juices they make are really special, I don't see a selection like this anywhere else on the east coast. This place is definitely worth a visit or two! Big ups to the paradise. they are doing it right!

Pros: Yummy, Fabulous Drinks, Affordable

Cons: A little out of the way

So happy I Found This Place - Edit

Thanks to my handy HappyCow App I found Vegetarian Paradise. The food was so good. I didn't miss the meat at all... The gentleman behind the counter was very nice and helped me decided what to get since it was my first time and I have only been Vegan for 6 months.
I had the "steak" w/ brown rice and peas and salad. I also tried the Ackee patty (it was so good my 15 month old ate most of it so I ordered her another one). I wast hesitant about getting the "steak", but I'm so glad I went with his suggestion. The taste and texture was on point!
This is about to be my go to for Vegan spot... and lucky for me it wasn't that far from my house.
Keep up the good work Vegetarian Paradise!!! Can't wait to come back. It may be this week :-)

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Price, Good quality

Cons: I can't go every day

Great Food and Friendly Service - Edit

The food here is great and the homemade drinks are soooo good and refreshing. The staff is also very pleasant and the environment gives you that "back home family" restaurant feeling. Call your order in ahead of time and you will eliminate the wait if wait is a problem.

Pros: Excellent, Healthy, Friendly Staff

EXCLUSIVE FOODS - Edit

THIS SPOT IS ONE OF THE BEST TASTING VEGAN RESTURANTS EVER,AND IVE BEEN AROUND THE WORLD TWICE AND ATE EVERY VEGAN DISH THERE IS,BUT THIS SPOT BEATS THEM ALL,THE WAIT IS KINDA LONG, BUT I BELIEVE IF U WANT TO CONSUME GOOD FOOD THEN WAITING IS NOT A OPTION.I THINK EVERY VEGAN SHOULD TRY THIS SPOT,BECAUSE I THINK THERE ABOUT TO TAKE ATLANTA OVER BY STORM,QUANTUM POTIENTIAL FOOD FOR UR BODY,MIND AND SOUL IS AT VEGETARIAN PARADISE TRY IT FORREAL FORREAL. PEACE!

Pros: EXCELLENT, HEALTHY, MAGNIFICENT

Cons: OVERSTANDING, GREATMINDS, PEOPLE PERSONS

Wonderful - Edit

This is a great restaurant with some wonderful food. The is great flavor. The wait can sometimes seem long, however, with the excellent and friendly service (along with the delicious food) you won't mind the wait. My husband found this place on his way to work and I have been in love with it from day one.

Return to Decatur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegetarian Paradise closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6877 times since Aug 2007.