Vegetarian Palate

• Vegetarian
Contact 718-623-8808

603 Washington Ave (at Prospect), Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11238

Offers a diverse array of vegetarian dishes, including many different mock meats. Mostly vegan except for egg noodles and a few other items. Moved here July 2014 from Flatbush Ave.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Delivery, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Drago

This place is awesome! - Edit

Loved the food! A big splurge for me since I don't typically eat fried foods but the chicken nuggets were excellent, as were the steamed spinach dumplings. We had brown rice with veggies which was delicious, spring rolls were really good, and an order of edamame rounded out our meal. All of these were appetizers, and they were large portions. Everything is vegan except for a few dishes with egg noodles, which you could substitute for rice noodles. Extensive list of "meat" meals with mock beef, fish and chicken and even duck and turkey. They also have a couple of desserts (I didn't have room left to try!). Overall, very good for the money and would highly recommend. My non-vegan niece thought that the food was fresh and the recipes unique, and thoroughly enjoyed everything as well.

Pros: delicious food, reasonably priced, extensive menu

Cons: atmosphere could use updating

Best Vegan Food In Brooklyn - Edit

Ignore the bad reviews! This place is awesome! When my girlfriend and I lived in Brooklyn we ordered from Vegetarian Palate almost every night.

Highly recommend: Salt'n'Pepper Chicken Tenders, Lemon Chicken, Chicken Curry with Potatoes, STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM (best I've ever had).

Really cool that they have fresh juices too, a lot of vegan Asian places don't.

Make sure you watch out for the egg-based noodles if you're a vegan, other than that I think everything is vegan.

Prices are mega reasonable, especially the lunch specials.

The part of the neighborhood their current location is in is a little bleh, but great place to order takeout.

Pros: yummy vegan food, very affordable, freaking strawberry ice cream!

Cons: serve egg in a few dishes, neighborhood

IGNORE THOSE OLD REVIEWS! - Edit

RUN, DON'T WALK TO THIS PLACE.
as a new vegan, i know how to cook my meals at home to make them taste really good without adding a lot of salt and sugar. but when i eat out - even at vegan-friendly restaurants, i am always disappointed in the amount of oil, fat and sugar that is used to get flavor.
THIS PLACE ROCKS.
my friend who brought me here was laughing at how happy i was to be eating this food. and you know what? you could tell the server was PROUD to bring such good food, healthy and tasty to our table. having been a waitress in the past, i can tell you that means a great deal.
i'm visiting New York again - staying in manhattan - and i am making the trip to flatbush avenue today cuz i gots to git me some Vegetarian Palate!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff proud of the food, large portions

Cons: none

Simply Delicious - Edit

The menu haa a nice variety of healthy dishes to choose from; including fresh juices. What I like most is that they don't serve meat, which is not something you will see at a typical fastfood chinese restaurant; where vegetaian dishes are prepared in the same juices and oils as the meat dishes.

Pros: healthy dishes, raw juices

Cons: some bland soup

Looks good but pretty bland - Edit

I was really excited to go here because I read a review of it in Satya and heard it had a huge menu but after ordering many things from the menu I keep getting let down. The food is rather bland and with the presentation just looks inedible sometimes. The roast chicken looks like you put seitan in a jello mold in the shape of a chicken, scallion pancakes are very very greasy, banana split comes on too small a plate and your ice cream will fall off, etc. They do have the same heavily breaded chicken pieces as Red Bamboo so if you order something bad you can still get that to go and know you'll be safe but other than that I don't find it worth it.

Pros: open late, huge menu

Cons: bland, sometimes gross, poor presentation

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegetarian Palate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2275 times since Aug 2007.