CLOSED: Vegetarian Garden

Contact n/a

Shop 12, Renaissance Arcade (at Pulteney Street), Adelaide, South Australia,

Asian vegetarian cooking without onion or garlic. Food is vegan; the only non-vegan item is milk for bubble tea and coffee. Reportedly run by owners of the former Pure Vegetarian restaurant. REPORTED LAST DAYS DEC 2015. Mon-Thu 10:00am-4:30pm, Fri 10:00am-8:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buffet, Take-out, Taiwanese, Vietnamese

First Review by

Love this place, but it's closing soon! - Edit

This place is great for a quick Chinese style lunch. They can prepare food in the back or there's a buffet style out the front.

Too bad that it's closing in a month! I heard that the rents are up, and they have tried to sell it but no takers. So go visit now, before it's gone.

Best Laksa in Adelaide - Edit

Hands down, the search is over!
Great if you love cheap asian style food but are vegan, they have some really amazing rice and noodle dishes with mock meats Reasonably priced and will fill you up.
I love this little arcade too, it is always not very busy when I go which I much prefer compared to pure vegan in china town foodcourt! Check it out, it may be hard to find if you have never been there before, but worth seeking out!

Pros: Cheap asian delights, BEST LAKSA

Cons: a little hard to find

Love the laksa - Edit

I've been to vege garden a bit over the years and while the menu has remained mostly the same, but the dishes have improved in quality. The laksa is especially good and I have trouble ordering something else besides it.

Pros: Great laksa, Good place for lunch

Simple and Tasty - Edit

Well there was so much hype from previous reviews on the laksa, I had to try it. It was nice. Simple and nice. Nothing I would rave about.

The Bain maree was mostly empty which was disappointing but they only do the set meals for lunch, I came for a Friday night dinner.

It's a shame that the arcade is so dead, any other arcade is bustling when there are plenty of commercial giants like McDonalds, this little arcade needs more advertising.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Simple

Cons: Lacks atmosphere, Empty serving cabinets

So many options, in the heart of Adelaide! - Edit

As a visitor to Adelaide I was excited to see so many cafe options for veg*ns centrally located. This one is not far from Rundle Street.

I had a delightful meal at Vegetarian Garden, service was friendly and fast and it was cheap. I wish I had read all the reviews asI love a good laksa and I would have ordered that. But I was limited for time so I took a sample from the prepared display.
If you don't mind eating in a food court, and you can find the arcade, this is a pretty good option for lunch & very filling.

Pros: Inexpensive, Some prepared foods - so quick, Freshly made to order available

Cons: In a food court

One of the best vegetarian lunches in Adelaide - Edit

I go to uni right near this shop and find myself there almost every week. I always leave full. The dishes are all under about $10. My favourites are the tom yam rice and the laksa.

Pros: large serves, friendly, good value

Cons: closes early

I'm now a regular - Edit

This place is located inside a food court right near my uni, so I was happy to come across it on my way to class one day. There is a choice between ordering something from the menu (average price between $7.50 and $9) or you can order a combination of the already-made foods (about $7.50 for two choices plus noodles or rice). I always end up ordering the Malaysian Hainanese Rice off the menu because it's so damn good. My boyfriend gets the Fried Kuay Teow noodles which is good for me as that's my second favourite thing on the menu. The service is always friendly, and the counter area and surrounding tables are kept clean. Compared to what other vegetarian/vegan places around Adelaide charge for meals, this place is a steal.

Pros: good value, good food, convenient location

Cons: none, none, none

LAKSA! - Edit

I have been to vegetarian garden 3-4 times. The first time to try this Laksa I had heard so much about and it was everything I had hoped for! Every time I go back I plan to try something different but CANNOT get past the laksa!

It is very affordable, and offers quick service with a smile. The only downside is getting a park nearby when driving, but it's worth a bit of a walk!

Oh and they also sell bubble tea :-)

Pros: cheap, most if not all vegan, delicious

Fabulous Malaysian Laksa - Edit

My last day in Adelaide when I tried their Malaysian Laksa and my God ...... it was just divine! The curry was well balanced (not too thick or too runny). It was how a Malaysian Laksa meant to be. Inside, the hokkien noodles was al-dente, and the tofu, mock meat, and the vegetables are cooked to perfection. It was a good but also sad day for me, since I have to leave Adelaide that afternoon. Otherwise I could have come back for more.

The owner was lovely, she helped me to find other vegetarian restaurant which opens dinner time. I have also tried their Malaysian Mee Goreng and hainanese chicken rice on another day, but was not too keen on them. Maybe just my taste, I am used to Indonesian mee goreng which is sweet and spicy. However their mee goreng was too sweet and sour, it feels like eating long strings of lollies! The hainanese chicken rice was also too greasy.

But definitely try the Malaysian Laksa ......... you'll know what I am talking about! At only $7.50, it is a fantastic value!

Pros: Great value, amazing laksa, good & quick service

Cons: greasy hainanese chicken rice, hidden location

great! - Edit

I have not been here for a while, but when I used to go often, the lady always serving always remembered us and she was very friendly. It's quiet there, especially during the day, which is nice. The Laksa is amazing, and the Hainan Style Rice and BBQ Hainan Style Rice and also really delicious. It's close to rundle mall, so it is in a good location. Good place to go for dinner while shopping on a Friday night.

Although, this has nothing to do with the restaurant itself but, the mall which it and it's seating is located can be quite filthy, I used to see rats running around in the foodcourt where the seating is (not the shop itself), which was a bit off-putting.

Pros: friendly staff, quiet location, yummy food

Cons: mall which it is located is dirty

Amazing curry laksa - Edit

Every time I have lunch here I leave with a smile. Friendly staff, amazing Curry Laksa not to be missed.. and their deep fried bean curd with peanut sauce is definitely worth trying.

Pros: healthy, delicious, friendly

Cons: limited hours

yes - Edit

one of my staple places for a vegan fix.....the owners are lovely people and make delicious food.....everyone goes on about the combination and how good it is, but in all honesty the menu items are alot nicer- the laksa is one of the best in the country, the hokkein mee is divine, the singapore noodles are delicious and the hainenese style rice is a great protein booster.....great service, great atmosphere, great prices....also the crispy vegie entree is awesome! they just need to get a better selection of drinks- coca cola in a veg restraunt never seems right

Pros: food, service

Cons: opening hours

Return to Adelaide Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Vegetarian Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5104 times since Aug 2007.