Vegetarian Food

Contact 015689968

13 D Street 184, Phnom Penh, Cambodia,

Simple menu featuring fried rice, noodles in peanut sauce, iced lemon tea, and a meaty fried mushroom mock meat that's is in most dishes. Vegans ask to leave out egg. Very basic atmosphere and popular with locals.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out

First Review by fire horse

Great taste for very little money - Edit

Eating here for the first time, we quite liked the limited menu. We got our food within minutes and it was all very good - especially the BBQ and the curry noodles! It's also very cheap (~$1/dish). It's a quite simple local place, so don't expect too much in terms of interior and fanciness, but it has a nice relaxed atmosphere. We recommend a visit!

Pros: Simple menu, very cheap, some very nice dishes

Cons: Interior rather "uninspired"

Mushroom heaven - Edit

For the last three years this has been my fav vegetarian place to eat in Phnom Penh. The menu is small and simple and everything is made with mushrooms. The vegetarian BBQ is exquisite.

Pros: Excellent food, Quick service

Cons: Basic setting, Can be crowded and noisy

Simple tasty food. - Edit

We may be biast as we had been walking for a while trying to find vego food, however the curry with rice and fried mushrooms were awesome. We also had a lemon ice tea which was yum but very sweet. (forgot to ask for not sugar) minimal English spoken.

Cons: Cheap. 1 - 2$ per meal

Better to be had elsewhere - Edit

Very small menu made up of a few basic noodle and rice dishes with 'meaty' mushroom stalk. Even though it's very cheap (your total bill is likely to be between US$1 and $1.50 per person), I wouldn't suggest going out of your way for it. The place next door, Surn Yi Mei Shi Guan, is a little better, if only for the extra variety.

Good to have another veggie place around though, and it's an OK local experience if that's what you're chasing.

Pros: Cheap, Local Experience, OK Location

Cons: Lack of Variety, Really Basic Food

Filled a hole - Edit

A small menu, all dishes with fried mushroom which is a scarily meaty mock meat. I had the fried rice which was edible but very greasy. I think the noodles dishes are a better option.
It's clean enough and very cheap - my meal and drink came to a dollar.
I wouldn't rush back but would rather eat there than at a restaurant that cooks meat.

Pros: simple english menu , busy

Cons: little english spoken

Return to Phnom Penh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegetarian Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1712 times since Mar 2010.