Vegetarian Delight

Blk 167, Woodlands St 11 (at Marsiling Mrt), North Singapore, Singapore

素食小吃 is a mini-food stall inside ST11 Coffee House, located with walking distance of Marsiling MRT station. Has rice dishes, bee hoon and flat rice noodles, kway teow soup, porridge, vegetables and mock meat dishes. No garlic or onion used. Vegans are advised to specify no eggs very clearly. Open Mon-Fri 5:00am-3:00pm, 4:00pm-9:00pm, Sat 5:00am-2:30pm, Sun 7:00am-2:30pm, 4:00pm-9:00pm. Closed first and third Tue of every month.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Singaporean

First Review by Jiefu

Unique wantons - Edit

This kind auntie & uncle duo were running a vegetarian stall at NTUC Foodfare under Sembawang MRT station previously. (Now taken over by 8 Immortals vegetarian)

I honestly think the food has improved slightly since they moved here. Perhaps the stress of the high overheads at Sembawang affected their cooking previously?

Anyway, their fried wantons are the most special item here because they are handmade. If I remember correctly, the auntie told me the filling is made of smashed tofu mixed with finely chopped up mock char siew. The end product is a rather huge, not-so-pretty wanton that tastes pretty good.

I usually go for their vegetarian wanton mee or kway chap here. I like the chilli that comes with the kway chap. Their kway chap has eggs, so remember to request them to omit if they forget to ask.

Pros: Friendly auntie & uncle owners, Handmade wantons, Near Marsiling MRT

Great service - Edit

I dine here frequently because it's one out of two veg stalls right next to my house.

I remember my first time here (after turning vegetarian). I was struggling to get out money to pay for my food and the uncle told me it's okay if I don't have enough money to pay. Well, I definitely did have enough, but his act of kindness to a first time customer made me wanna pledge loyalty to this stall LOL. They've consistently been very very nice and polite and warm as well.

I enjoy their omelette rice (not the Japanese kind--it's savoury omelette served over Chinese-style fried rice and ketchup), bak kut teh and fish bee hoon.

They serve zi char style dishes all day I think, and they are open VERY early and VERY late. (5am - 9pm with only one hour break in between! Idk how they do it.) They do not serve cai png.

Updated from previous review on 2018-03-04

Pros: Affordable, Fast, Super kind auntie & uncle

Cons: Dishes can taste bland - depends on your preferenc, No cai png

Opening hours are not updated - Edit

We drove there but it was not opened. The opening hours indicate that Tuesday is a business day and we went during the business hours shown. Read the review before mine, said first Tuesday of the month is closed but today is the third Tuesday, it closes too.

Luckily, we found another vegetarian store at the opposite side of the road at Block 166 and the food is nice, 🙏🏼 .

For this stall, will try our luck next time.

closed on first Tuesday of the month - Edit

Food is very nice

Return to North Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegetarian Delight closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.