Vegetarian Beast

03-59887160

Toshima-ku, Mejiro, 3 Chome-14-18, Tokyo, Japan, 171-0031

Deli style food and wine bar opened Jun 2017 at 東京都豊島区目白3-14-18. Uses natural and organic produce. Last order 9pm. Open Wed-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm. Last orders 8:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, Japanese, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by HenryCow

Fantastic weekday lunch - Edit

The menu has a selection of vegan burgers it looked like, but I went for the deli option, you can choose either 2 or 3 items from the deli and have with sour dough bread or rice (I went for the bread because it’s not often that I find bread I can eat in Japan). You can see at extra to add in a drink which I did (chai tea). They also had a good looking selection of alcoholic drinks which I would have indulged in had I not been eating alone on a weekday lunchtime!

The food was all really good, well made and tasty, portion size was perfect for me, although I’m quite a small person, if you have a bigger appetite you may want more (but the burgers were bigger and there were a couple of desserts.

It was really good having some non sweet bread for once like what I grew up with.

They spoke a good amount of English too, Japanese or English speaking you’d be fine.

If you are in need of caffeine I’m afraid you’d be out of luck, the drinks all advertised themselves and naturally 98% caffeine free...normally I’m a caffeine junkie but I went without, had a very nice chai tea and survived!

I payed just under ¥2000.

Pros: Deli style, lots of choice for the meal you wan, Great sour dough bread, Just the right amount of food

Cons: No caffeine

Fantastic - Edit

One of the best vegan restaurant in Tokyo. The staff is very friendly and helps a lot. Food is amazing, although portions are a bit small, but it's a small price to pay for great food. Highly recommend!

It's OK - Edit

Enjoyed the food at the place although the portions are too small for the price payed

Pros: Cozy place, good food

Cons: Small portions for the price

amazing place! - Edit

Beautifull and clean, English signs and friendly staff! He came to our table and asked us if we liked the food, where we were from, and if we were vegan. Simple menu to choose from, and everything looked delicious!

Cons: the sizes were a bit small

Nice little place. - Edit

Visiting Ikebukuro, I used Happy Cow and found this place was nearby. Although there weren't any reviews, it seemed worth a visit. I went there on a Monday evening at around 8:30. The place is relatively small - I had the impression that they may be more set up for take out. However, I ate there, and there are a number of tables available. I had the "hamburger", "ham" salad and a glass of red wine. Everything was very good. Portions were modest, but acceptable. There were two young guys working there, and the one who took my order was friendly and spoke some English (my Japanese is limited). Overall I'd definitely recommend a visit. While I was there nobody else came in - I hope that's just because of the time I was there as I hope to continue to have increasing vegetarian/vegan options in Tokyo.

They serve a selection of organic wine. Most wine is for purchase by the bottle rather than glass, but there options by the glass for both red and white. (I didn't notice until after that they also have beer.)

The restaurant is located right across from Mejiro station, and only 10 minutes from Ikebukuro station. I mentioned "Happy Cow" while I was leaving, but they weren't familiar with it. If you visit based on my review (which I recommend), maybe mention HC to them again!

Updated from previous review on 2017-07-03

Pros: Good food!, Friendly English-speaking staff., Convenient to Ikebukuro

Cons: Maybe a little pricey?

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegetarian Beast closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.