Vegetalia

Contact 952-586031

C/. Santa Isabel, 8, Fuengirola (at Avenida Jesus Santos Rein/Los Boliches), Fuengirola, Spain,

Varied menu including fresh juices, desserts, wine, and assorted entrees. Non-smoking. Lunch buffet Mon-Sat 12.30-16.00, a la carte dinner Fri-Sat 20.00-23.15. NOTE: There are two Jesus Santos Reins in Fuengirola, and this is not on the central one. Closed during July and August.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Spanish

First Review by

When in Fuengirola go to the 'Vegetalia' - Edit

When in Fuengirola we always go for the lunchtime buffet.
A fabulous salad selection and very tasty hot food.

Even better, they do takeaway.

Pros: Good Value , good food, Nice atmosphere and friendly staff

Cons: Not open on Sunday, Can get very full later , no table left for us

Definitely a must go! - Edit

Went there with a group for lunch break. Food really tasty and all the staff extremely kind and helpful.
All u can eat formula for 8ish euro. Definitely will go back again!

Pros: you'd better book a table

​ Great little gem close to Fuengirola station - Edit

Serving a freshly made hot and cold lunch buffet, there was plenty of choice and because all the allergens were clearly marked, it was very easy to choose vegan only options. I had a glass of Fragolino (Italian strawberry wine) with lunch which was delicious. The restaurant is run by some very friendly and helpful ladies and highly recommend it. We also took some vegan cherry pie away for later and it was heavenly. The buffet is reasonably priced and drinks and dessert are not included.

Pros: good value, friendly staff, take-away available

Cons: only open for lunch

Perfect Lunch - Edit

Hi, today I had lunch at Vegetalia and I was very impressed by the lovely food and relaxed atmosphere.
It's a great place to eat alone if you want some peace and quiet or with friends. I loved the fact that they open early for lunch (normally in Andalucia restaurants don't serve food before 13:30) so I could eat when my body asks for food!
They have a great selection of vegan dishes and lovely drinks such as fresh juices, organic wine, organic beer and Fragolino (Italian sparkling red wine).
Although it was my first visit I felt very welcomed by the ladies that run Vegetalia and the bill came to a very reasonable price.
Next time I will go back to Fuengirola I will definitely go back for a quiet relaxing vegan meal.
Thank you Vegetalia!

Pros: Reasonable price, Early opening, Fast service

Cons: Little choice of vegan desserts

Fantastic food + Inexpensive - Edit

The buffet lunch is really great, with a huge variety of different salads, fresh vegetables to made your own and hot dishes: veggie paella, quinoa taboulé, ratatouille, vegan meatballs, etc. All the choices are perfectly labeled with their possible allergens -dairy and eggs being among them-, which is very useful so as to find out which ones are vegan (most of them are, actually). All you can eat for less than 9,00€ so as 19/03/2015 (drinks and desserts not included).

Pros: inexpensive, huge variety of dishes, helpful staff

Cons: only a vegan dessert (soy icecream)

An Impressed Meat-Eater - Edit

As a dyed-in-the-wool "carnivore" I was initially reluctant when a vegetarian friend suggested I accompany her to Vegetalia. She promised to return the favour the next week at my favourite steakhouse in Marbella, so I concurred. I'm glad I did. First impressions are always important, and on entering Vegetalia I immediately felt at home: it had a cosy and welcoming ambience and the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The buffet (it was lunch-time) had an excellent choice of cold and hot dishes - at great value - and when we left I was so satisfied I didn't even notice I had missed my customary lunch serving of meat or fish. I was so impressed we returned (with two other friends - also non-vegetarians) the following week to check out the evening a la carte. Again, really impressive. I'll be back!

Pros: Great food, Pleasant atmosphere, Delicious desserts

a retrospective review - Edit

i've been here twice about three years ago but i hope they still work.

it was run by finnish people. they were very lovely and helpful. both the lunch buffet and the evening a la cart restaurant was just fantastic. I highly recommend this place.

Pros: food, staff, cozyness

Great for a buffet lunch or dinner - Edit

Had a lovely dinner here and super buffet lunch. Staff, ambiance and food are all excellent and you will enjoy whatever you select. Some really original courses and desserts and all clearly indicated on the a la carte menu their suitability for all veggie dietary types. It's always busy at lunch times. Remember it is closed in July / August and you will be disappointed to be only able to read the menu! Non veggies I know always ask to join us if they can so I know they really love the food too. This for me is a great endorsement. Spain isn't really a veggie country so make the most of this oasis. I have been to many vegetarian restaurants around the world and rate this as unmissable. It is what it is, no pretence and honest and enjoyable.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 15, 2008

Pros: buffet, Nice staff, choice

Great spot! - Edit

We went here twice during our stay near to Fuengirola, and were very happy to find it. We only went for lunch, and then they only have the buffet. The buffet was great, all you can eat for 8 euros. They had good variety of salads, and also several warm meals. Almost everything was vegan, except from one salad with cheese and some dressing with eggs (all the warm options were vegan). The place is children friendly as they can pick what they want, and they only charge 3 euros for them. Nice fresh juices, friendly owners speaking both Spanish and English. Now they are open also on mondays.

Pros: great food, nice atmosphere, cheap

Cons: a bit difficult to find

Lovely Buffet! - Edit

Very friendly and helpful staff! Nice atmosphere.
They have a good a la carte menu suitable for all dietary types.
Although their a la carte is good i prefer their buffet.
If you go make sure to try "La Copa Vegetalia", the dessert of the house.

Pros: Buffet, Staff, Atmosphere

Love it. - Edit

this restaurant is fantastic. We go there almost every Saturday after the open air market (just a short walk). The buffet lunch is great with a huge choice of salad type dishes and a hot dish, usually pisto and rice or cous cous and sometimes veggie burgers falafele or setain. There is a choice of fresh breads and sauces and dressings. All freshly prepared. Not all vegan. Sometimes there is cheese. The owner is very friendly and always greets you with a smile. At 7€ a head (excluding drinks) it's great value. We've never tried the a la carte menu only the lunch buffet.

Pros: great food, lots of choice, friendly welcome

And i'm not a veggie - Edit

Love the place, good atmosphere, wide range of choice from the menu for dinner. If you come to lunch, there's a good buffet (for a absolute low price).
Love to eat there. Especially go there for the desserts.

Pros: Friendly staff, huge choice, and i'm not a veggie

Cons: Can be busy during lunch, You have to wait then, But for that price

Return to Fuengirola Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegetalia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2912 times since Aug 2007.