VegetaBowl

Contact 66846977249

9/5 Island Plaza, Sairee Beach, Sairee, Koh Tao, Thailand, 84360

While the menu starts out 100% vegan, they offer dairy cheese as an option. Opposite the big 7/11 in Sairee, this is a western style restaurant serving healthy bowls, shakes, and soft drinks made in-house. Opened Sept 2015. Re-opened at new location November 2016. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-8:00pm. Normally closed August & September.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Japanese, Western, Take-out, Mexican, Asian, Fusion

First Review by lene86

Heaven on earth - Edit

Spent one week on Koh Tao diving, bathing, hikeing etc. This place was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Salad bowls to die for, THICK, healthy and hearty smoothies without refined sugar! Seriously, me and my boyfriend tried all of their smoothies during our time on Tao. Perfect, just perfect! My favourite was Nuttybanana❤

Pros: Everything was delicious., The wifi is good, so you can hang around forever., The staff is supercool and sweet, plus the❤

Cons: They are closed on Sundays., Wish they were located at the beach so more people, could support their lovely business.

Refreshing and delicious! Cookies! - Edit

Fresh delicious meals & snacks from this place, on the shady side of the street, perfect place to chill, cool down and fuel up. Their fresh made Lemongrass Ginger Ale hits the spot. The Quesadillas and Beet Sushi appetizers were to die for. The bowls are great too, a refreshing twist to most of the hot or fried food you'll find on the island. Her snickerdoodle/chocolate chip cookie hybrids were incredible... I could've eaten a dozen!

Nearly all vegan (only optional dairy cheese toppings aren't vegan, but I'd love to see her just cut this out)

Pros: Great vibe, Fresh, wholesome food, COOKIES!

Cons: Closed on Sundays, Not enough cookies!

Amazing, must go - Edit

This place was fantastic! They are mainly all vegan, but offer dairy additions making it vegetarian.
The mexican bowl, quesadilla, and virtually everything else was absolutely amazing.
We only had one night stay here in Koh Tao but I would've gone here everyday had I stayed longer!
The staff is so lovely too.

Pros: delicious, good location

excellent healthy food - Edit

Mostly vegan restaurant srving tasty food. Friendly customer service. Lovely atmosphere. The japanese bowl and homemade ginger ale were great.

Cons: Not open later than 8pm

very good and healthy food - Edit

we loved this food. very nourishing bowl, lots of whole and fresh ingredients such as sunflower sprouts, brown rice, beets, carrots, dried going berries, pumpkin, flax seeds hummus... very recommended, especially in Koh Tao where there is not a lot of vegan options

Pros: lots of vegan options , everything tastes great and is super healthy, friendly owner

Cons: a little expensive compared to average but it'

Update - Edit

I was there yesterday to eat but there was a note on the door that said, restaurant I closed until December. They are moving to a new location. I just wanted to spread the information!

VegetaBowl 13 Nov 2016 - Thanks for doing this! We wrote that on our Facebook and IG account but couldn't figure out a way to update it here. We have moved to Island Dive Plaza on the beach access road, which is right across from the big 7/11 in Sairee :) thanks again for letting people know here!

seriously impressive wholesome food - Edit

I came to Vegetabowl two nights in a row, that's how awesome it was! The brown rice bowls were super wholesome and delicious, my favourite was the Mexican as black beans are basically the best things ever! The homemade sauces were to die for. The smoothies/shakes were also delicious filled with creamy fresh local fruit, my favourite being the tropical one with the coconut milk! Definitely check this place out if your on Koh Tao!

Healthy, wholesome and delicious! - Edit

I visited Vegetabowl yesterday with a few friends and we all tried something different. All were amazing! I had the dragonbowl. Great variety in the salads and very filling. A perfect dressing to accompany it on the side. The ingredients are really fresh. Looking forward to going back to try the vegan cheesecake or brownie balls. Hope this will be successful and open other branches around the island as we are staying down by Chaalok bay. Good value!

Pros: Fresh with good quality produce used, Taste! , Good value as the salad is filling

Cons: Location

Awesome find and great location, actually :) - Edit

I really didn't expect to come across such a high quality vegan/vegetarian place while on Koh Tao, but am sooo glad that I did. The convenience of finding a place where you don't have to worry about ingredients is such a treat when you're a wandering vegan. Their bowls (and desserts!) are delicious and filling; exactly what you need before a long afternoon of diving.

VegetaBowl is located in an up-and-coming street in Sairee, near Pollos Hermanos (no vegan options there, ehm). It's a few minutes walk from the main Sairee strip, which is actually a relief for those trying to escape the crowds.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice vibe, Excellent food

Cons: No sound system (yet)

Just Amazing - Edit

Owner is super nice and kind!
We started with the Nutty Banana shake which was PERFECT then we took the Mediterranean Bowl and the Mexican Bowl, they were tasty as well!

and for dessert Vegan peanut butter brownie which was also a blast!

I really recommend this place, each dish is big and satisfying!
can't wait to visit here next time:)

Pros: Lots of vegan options!

Wrong location, excellent food! - Edit

This restaurant is actually in Sairee Village. It's up from the main 7/11 (oposite way than the beach), to the left by Asian Divers and to the left again in where there's a some of stores/ restaurants in an area in something that at the moment looks like storage units because a lot of them are closed.

The food is delicious. Everything on their menu is vegan, but you can get cows milk if you want in smoothies etc. They have the best crispy fried tofu I've ever had. And the owners are really nice! Absolutely recommend this place!
They also bake really good vegan brownies!

Return to Koh Tao Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has VegetaBowl closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.