Vegetable Dumplings with Full Stuffing

n/a

218 Nanxun Ave 3rd Section, Wenjiang Qi, Chengdu, China, 611130

Family owned and operated jiaozi and noodle restaurant catering to mostly Buddhist clientele. Some items include egg, but the owner will recommend non-ovo items at your request. Vegan jiaozi available. Closes Feb month. NOTE: please send exact map coordinates to HappyCow. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Chinese, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by H2OAddict

An authentic Chinese taste! - Edit

I wanted to try jiaozi, but was always afraid of getting more than I bargained for in the "surprise" of what stuffed my little dumpling. I've asked for vegetable-only jiaozi before and been assured that the dumpling contained no meat or egg only to be "surprised" and find myself spitting and washing out my mouth repeatedly. In Chinese, when you ask for vegetables in your dumplings, even if they have meat, you will often get a, "yes, they are vegetable, a vegetable dish!" Being vegetarian or vegan here isn't well-understood, but at the Buddhist-run spots (like this one), that's different.

I was first taken here by former teachers at the school I've been assigned to and my counterpart. I was in heaven! Everything on the menu is vegetarian. They do use egg in some dishes, so be sure to specify that you don't eat egg (in Chinese. The owner is limited to describing plate size and saying "hello," and "goodbye" in English) and she will steer you clear of any products that contain it. Everything from the noodles to the jiaozi are made on-site. They are also very moderately priced. For jiaozi, they can be on the expensive side, but they have three different size plates and will mix up your order. In 2017 the large portion is 12¥, which is less than $2 US.

I come here usually at least once a week to grab a quick and satisfying lunch before office hours. They know me and smile their friendly smiles! We don't speak each others' languages fluently, but somehow I always manage to get a wonderful pile of vegan steamed dumplings and very friendly service!

Pros: Price, An authentic taste of China, Customer Service

Cons: Do use eggs

Return to Chengdu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegetable Dumplings with Full Stuffing closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.