Vegetable Dining Noka

078-392-0557

Chuo-ku, Kitanagasadori, 4-2-17, Kobe City, Japan

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic food restaurant. Most dishes on the menu, whilst may appear vegetarian, do contain fish broth. April 2013 happycow member reports that this restaurant no longer accommodates vegetarian requests. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:00pm, Mon-Sun 5:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Japanese, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by MariaPowell

Our go-to place in Kobe - Edit

We live in Japan and frequently have occasion to visit Kobe for work. Kobe is a really hard place to find good food at and this place has saved us on numerous occasions.

As noted by another user you will need to make a special request to ensure your food does not contain fish broth. We speak native level Japanese and one of us is native, so whilst I can't comment on the experience of the other user re being refused, I know it is definitely possible to eat well here as a vegan, with a good spread of different vegetable dishes cooked in a healthy, typically Japanese way. You will need to be polite and unassuming though and know that they don't generally speak English so some sensitivity and effort will not go astray. Good luck!

Pros: healthy, organic, nice relaxed vibe

Cons: you need to make a special request, English probably not spoken

Gaijin are to use spererate toilet from Japanese - Edit

The food was 3.5 out of 5 pretty good really :) wasnt until i had to use toilet that there was a problem. No enter she said and walked away i used it anyway, second time no enter and she persisted and carted me upstairs to a smelly dirty toilet ... thumbs down. Not a way to treat your paying customers.

Pros: nice food, cheap, Japanese style dining

Cons: Japanese only toilet., bad service, no basic translation on the menu

4 Responses

eatinggreen 08 Jun 2014 - I severely doubt you interpreted that situation correctly - sounds like a classic case of the truth being lost in translation as culturally the Japanese do not act in this way towards gaijin, especially not in a legitimate establishment such as this.

MariaPowell 08 Jun 2014 - Also a classic case of someone assuming the situation had to be something else. My japanese husband and friends were with me at the time. This happens alot in Japan Kobe and Kyoto the worst offenders. I was lucky enough to have japanese people to speak up for me.

eatinggreen 23 Jul 2014 - Hmm.. have to say I'm really surprised. In 11yrs in Japan I've never come across this sort of treatment, anywhere. We'll be in Kobe again next week, so I'll have to ask to use the toilet and see what they say!

MariaPowell 23 Jul 2014 - Yeah I know! But I have come across mixed groups some say that these things have never happened and some have had the worst experiences. I had a mixed bag of things this one being the worst. My husband spoke to the manager so I should think it wouldn't happen again. I HOPE!

Return to Kobe City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegetable Dining Noka closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.