Vegegood

03-87332382

5, Jalan Bukit Mewah 11, Taman Bukit Mewah (at Selangor Darul Ehsan), Kajang, Malaysia, 43000

Casual vegetarian cafe with free Wi-Fi. No smoking. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-3:00pm, 5:30pm-9:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Spaghetti_monster

Probably a lacto-vegetarian restaurant - Edit

Chinese vegetarian restaurant with veggie fish, chicken, meat, prawns, and tofu options.
Nice tea (home brewed).

My partner and I ordered 3 dishes (sweet and sour meat, butter prawns, greens) and rice. The sweet and sour meat (confirmed egg-free) was good, as were the greens (sweet potato leaf cooked with ginger).
The butter prawns were not good (very strong 'fake butter' margarine taste with very few curry leaves) and the 'butter' was possibly not vegan despite us asking. Our server was very friendly and spoke good English, but there was some confusion over what she considered to be dairy-free/vegan. She first told us that no animal products (including eggs and dairy) were used in the restaurant, but on further questioning (after tasting the prawns) she said that they sometimes used 'fresh milk' that was apparently not from an animal but also not soy, nut or plant based(?!). She said they also used condensed milk, but insisted that condensed milk was not from an animal since it is 'processed'. I have not found vegan condensed milk in Malaysia so I find it highly unlikely that the milk products (including butter/margarine) they use are actually dairy free. Vegans: proceed with caution.

Return to Kajang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegegood closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.