Vegebitez

Contact 905-844-4888

2460 Neyagawa Blvd Unit 9, Oakville, Ontario, Canada,

Gluten-free vegan bakery and restaurant, est Sept 2015. Per owner it's still operating for dine-in as of May 2016. Open Tue-Sat 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Delivery, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by oakvillel

wanted to like it - Edit

We wanted to like this place. The food seemed pretty good, although we experienced a mix up with it food every time we went or ordered from them. However every single time we felt ill afterwards. Staff are really friendly but it's not enough.

alright food, bad customer service - Edit

I tried this restaurant probably with in the first 6 months of opening, i bought a waffle with chilli and a milk shake. it was ok, but once I got in the car and headed home I realized I had burned my mouth on the chilli. I didn't think anything of it until it had been over 2 weeks and I couldn't properly chew hard foods. I was badly burnt and dealing with a lot of discomfort so I gave them a call, I figured they had just opened and are maybe still working out the kinks, I thought if I told them I could save someone else from the same thing. right off the bat the woman I spoke with didn't want anything to do with my call, she told me that the temperature is fine for everyone else and offered me a discount. I felt so uncomfortable, I was someone who was hurt, and letting them know...i didn't need a discount, I can afford to eat there and, there was no question as to weather I'm OK or apologies for the experience. my burn was not takes seriously, needless to say I have not been back since because the lady over the phone made me feel unwanted in there restaurant anyways. this was a long time ago but it still bugs me to this day because I feel like the situation wasn't delt with properly.

Pros: lots of Milk shake options that I'm sure are a

Cons: customer service I received over the phone.

Absolutely love this place! - Edit

My wife and I have been vegan for many years now and I'm celiac so to find another restaurant that accommodates my usually difficult diet was a godsend! We live in the Beaches (Toronto) but like to make random day trips and happened to fall upon Vegebitez thanks to HappyCow and we were just expecting a regular dull vegan place, but boy were we wrong! This is by far my new favourite restaurant ever! I got the B.L.A.S.T bowl and a dark chocolate milkshake (just couldn't resist). By far the best food I've ever had! The owner and staff go far and beyond above what's expected as far as customer service go and are extremely friendly :)

We will most definitely be making the trek from Toronto to here at least once every month from now on! It's totally worth it.

Pros: Great food, Great staff, Extremely clean and well designed

Amazing ! - Edit

Not only have all my non vegan friends loved the food but the service is really out of the norm. The staff is so friendly and really passionate . My favourite dish is the nachos and Mac daddy and any cupcake they make .

Could be good for some people - Edit

I had the sorbe smoothie and the big buff bowl. The smoothy was what I would expect with that combination of fruit and it was blended to be a think consistency. The big buff was what I would imagine vegan take out food to be like. It was greasey, salty and flavourful, but not something I would consider healthy. I didn't like the fryed cheese thing but the rest of the bowl tasted great while eating it. Unfortunately after I was done my throat got tight, kinda like a mini electric reaction, and I was burpy. The portions were very large and I had leftovers. It did taste good and it's too bad it didn't agree with my body.

Pros: full vegan restaurant, flavorful food

Cons: didn't agree with me, made my throat uncomfortable

Not the best - Edit

Yes it's a vegan restaurant to I have the option of giving ti 5 stars but the food I had was not amazing. I had the texecalli burger and it was a big mush. The cupcakes and cookies are alright but they have a certain taste regardless if the pastry or flavour.

Pros: Staff is nice and inviting , lots of work put into the food , vegetables are seasoned well

Cons: treats are not amazing , EXPENSIVE, burger was mushy

Best vegan place in Oakvile - Edit

Very modern and clean. The staff were very friendly as well. We got smoothies to start that were delicious.My friend and I both got the Roma burgers it was full of flavor. Overall great restaurant that I would recommend to others.

Good food... but... - Edit

Staff were friendly, but seemed distracted, service wasn't great and even though we were sitting down to eat we weren't asked how the food was tasting, or taken care of really, with us being one of the two groups in the place! The food was good but really expensive, almost everything is in the 15-18$ range, even the appetisers.

Pros: Good food

Cons: Expensive, Not sit-down friendly

super good - Edit

Delicious, went with my dad, who's not vegan but he was really impressed, and we both got burgers, they were super good, and the waffle hash thing with it was spicy but really delicious. Also for me personally, it's conveniently located as before I went vegan I would go to the Dairy Queen right beside it a lot with my friends, now when they go for non vegan treats I can always stop and get a mock shake

Pros: friendly staff, good location , really clean and comfortable

Cons: none!

Okay - Edit

It was clean and very modern, the staff were all polite and nice but I felt there was a lot of imitation food ( fake meats, fake sour creme) and I'm not a fan of that.

Pros: clean, modern, staff

Cons: imitation foods

vegebitez 10 Feb 2016 - Hello,

First off, thank you for giving Vegebitez a shot! I first want to clarify the whole "fake meat" thing. The only items we have on the Menu that would fit that category are our Tempeh Ba'cun, Ba'cun Bits, Shiitake Ba'cun and like you said "Sour Cream" which is made by Tofutti and clearly says Sour Cream on the Container, hence why we would call it that. We call those other items "Ba'cun" because it does resemble a smokey flavour that is commonly in meat products and helps people who might be transitioning to the Vegetarian/ Vegan lifestyle feel that they have some familiarity and an idea to grasp onto when trying new things! Also, we completely understand if it is something that you aren't comfortable with or something that you don't enjoy but other people do seem to enjoy it and you can always ask for a meal without it, not a problem for us to accommodate! We hope this clears things up, thanks again!

Kind Regards

delicious!!! - Edit

I stopped in here for lunch with my mom and it was absolutely delicious! There were many options on the menu and the staff members are so pleasant. Service was fast and served with a smile! The restaurant itself was very clean and you see the employees prepare the food, all staff members washed their hands frequently which was reassuring to see (you never know!!)! I would recommend to anyone - vegan or not!

Pros: happy staff, quick service, lots of choices on the menu

Cons: none!

Vegebitez is the BEST VEGAN Grub in Oakville - Edit

The other day I found myself at Vegebitez. It's a 100% Gluten-Free & Vegan Eatery in North Oakville. I called to ask for their hours andthe lady on the other end of the phone (Marnie) replied in such a professional yet uplifting positive and happy tone of voice that they closed at 9pm. I decided that I needed to check them out.

The drive to Oakville was on my way to my next appointment so I knew I had time to eat. I arrived about 20 minutes later and I was struck by how clean this place was. They are open for breakfast which is very different and smart. They had this really huge countertop and a staff member was making what looked to be burgers and they looked so good.

There was lots of seating to the right and the menu was so extensive I literally stood there trying to decide for what seemed like forever. It was extremely hard dedication to make because everything look so absolutely awesome. I asked a lady behind the counter what she suggests...The Roma Burger she said with conviction. Then one of the other staff member said that they liked Mexicalli, then another 2 staff spoke up and before I knew it we had a tied 2 to 2. I needed tiebreaker. Marnie was the lady that I talked to on the phone so I asked her. She replied...... Roma! So I ordered the Roma burger, side caesar salad. I thought about ordering one of those mochashakes but it was made with soy milk and I can't eat soy. I went with the "It's a date" smoothie:-) and I'm so happy I did. Thanks for the suggestion Jeff.

I don't think I have ever seen staff members so happy to be working in a business. It was such a joy to see. They were friendly, kind, extremely helpful and knowledgeable and every single one of them had a beautiful smile and the eagerness to make their customers experience a fantastic one

My burger was the best vegan burger I have ever had in my life, hands down!! I am not kidding about that, it's the absolute truth. The vegan caesar salad, yeah I was dumb struck by how tasty it was and again to be quite frank it was BETTER than any caesar salad made with gluten and dairy I can get at a fine dining restaurant, Roma Burger and caesar salad were both five star. My smoothie was another five star, it was called "It's a date" rocked. I totally loved it. What an amazing smoothie that I will have to add to my all time favourites list.

I also had some desserts..ALL AMAZING
For more details you can see the full review here http://theplantpoweredrunner.com

Pros: Food is awesome, Service is amazing, Atmosphere was wonderful

Cons: Straw were to small

Out-of-the-way, but worth it - Edit

My wife and I stopped in here for a pre-planned lunch at the end of September, while we were passing through Oakville. Our lunch was so good that we changed our itinerary to stop in for dinner three days later, on the return trip.

The restaurant is very clean, with most or all of the food preparation in full view of the diners. The decor is mostly hard-surfaced white, a little too clinical for my taste -- there's not much warm or charming about the appearance, but this means there isn't the slightest hint of anything dodgy. This is a place you can take people to show them how interesting vegan food can be, but it's not a place to show them that vegan food can be served in a romantic, elegant setting.

The menu is quite extensive, featuring a number of dishes I haven't encountered elsewhere. Several of the dishes feature savoury waffles, a shape I tend to associate more with eggs and milk than with vegan dishes. All of the dishes we tried were delicious, and the menu had many more that looked tempting. It's a place I'd like to explore much more thoroughly than two visits allowed.

Vegebitez is about an eight minute drive from the Dorval-QEW interchange. It's well worth the diversion from the QEW, and if I lived lived closer I'd just go there to eat -- I wouldn't feel the need to add it to a trip to or through Oakville that I'm making for other reasons.

If you're getting there by driving north along Nayagawa, turn left at Riverbank Way, and enter the south end of the strip mall on the west side of Nayagawa.

Pros: Extensive menu, Delicious food, Very clean

Cons: Slightly cold, clinical appearance, Too far from my usual haunts

vegebitez 13 Oct 2015 - Hello,

Thank you so much for the review. To address the decor situation, I agree; it isn't where I wanted it to be. We were suppose to be Open in May and sadly had to Open in September due to unforeseen circumstances. There was a rush/ crunch time to get open and unfortunately the decor aspect fell to the wayside. We are however in the midst of changing all of that; adding a mural, different textures from fabrics and possible wallpapers/ artwork. I do hope the next time you come in you will be pleasantly surprised and not feel as if you are eating in a clinical facility.

On the other hand, I am over the moon that you enjoyed your meals and chose to visit us shortly after your first time. We do look forward to having you again.
Thank you again for your positive/ constructive review.

Kind Regards.

Delicious food and gorgeous decoration - Edit

The food here is amazing, not to mention their yummy and cow free "mockshakes" and smoothies. The restaurant itself was impeccable and very well decorated.I strongly recomend this place if you want to eat a delicious meal free of animals.

Pros: Great food , aesthetically pleasing decor, Good vibe

I love this new vegan/gluten-free restaurant! - Edit

My husband, teen daughter and I dropped by on Vegebitz' opening weekend. The place is nice and bright and very open. There was even fresh flowers on the tables. I was surprised how many tables could fit comfortably in a relatively small space. The server was super friendly and attentive and we were impressed with the burgers and "Ce'Zar" salad that we had. We tried the "Roma" burger and the "Pineapple Xpress" burger. They are actually two completely different burger patties (made in house); not just the same burger with different toppings. They confirmed for me that every burger on the menu is completely unique! I love it!

The menu is quite large and very creative - we just happened to try the burgers on this visit.

There were a number of delicious looking homemade cookies/brownies/cupcakes to choose from as well but will try those another day!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday September 22, 2015

Pros: fresh ingredients, friendly staff, bright/open design

Return to Oakville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegebitez closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.