Vege2go

Contact 03-93846200

452 Lygon Street, Brunswick East, Victoria, 3057

Feb 2014 note food is available for take-away only. No dine-in. The dining room is used for cooking classes and educational events. Mon-Fri 9:00am-6:00pm, Sat 9:00am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out only

First Review by

used to be good - Edit

they used to have really nice doughnuts and smoothies but now it's just a vegan convenience store with some cold food takeaway options. the cakes are ok but expensive and nothing else really seemed that interesting.

Pros: good cake, lots of vegan options

Cons: expensive, not many things to choose from

Super convenient - Edit

My husband and I recently went for an extended weekend away in rural Victoria. I didn't feel like the hassle of trying to locate vegan food for 4 lunches and 3 dinners, and the weeks leading up to our trip were crazy busy so I didn't have a chance to do any preparations. I ordered a 5 day lunch and dinner pack, and the vegan dessert pack. It was delivered to our door the day before we left, and it made for a very easy trip.

The food itself was good, but none of the meals were noteworthy except perhaps the passionfruit cheesecake, and I feel that I could have made a better version of everything myself. I can't imagine purchasing the ready-meals to eat at home at that price. However, the convenience of having all our meals with us on our trip was fantastic. It allowed us to be very relaxed and lazy - we ate one meal out, but otherwise, we just looked in the fridge picked out what we wanted to eat, heated and ate. The portions were also very generous, and we got quite a bit more than 5 (individual person) lunches and dinners.

For a hassle-free trip away in a non-vegan friendly region, I'd highly recommend the meal packs.

Pros: Super convenient meal packs, Deliver to a lot of suburbs

Used to be a winner - Edit

I used to love this place. Unfortunately they have no changed the hours to shut before I can get home from work. They also jacked up the prices to a point that I do not feel it provides value for money.

Worth Checking Out - Edit

Particularly if you like your Italian food it is comforting '2go' to a place where your dishes won't be meataminated. They have the aranchinis, lasagnas and eggplant pamiganas that you would expect. As I used to work near this place, I often indulged in the yummy salad combos or soups such as pumkin and ofcourse...minestrone. Very friendly and clean as can be.

Delivery for Inner Melbourne - Edit

So i'm on day 3 of my 5 days of lunches i ordered online from Vege2go.I'm so full! it's so tasty! it's cheap! and it's good for you! (well some dishes are a bit oily - but nothing that would stop me ordering it again). I've tried the stuffed capsicum, been salads, lentil soup and yet to try the sausage roll and semolina and beans in tomato sauce, but i can't wait! The serves are plenty....and it was delivered to my office at midday monday for $5! I haven't visited the restaurant, but will be ordering this (now with friends from work as well) in the future.

never go hungry again! - Edit

this place is fantastic! we spent 4 days in melbourne and ate here 3 times during our holiday. the food is all beautifully prepared and tastes fabulous. well worth the tram ride to get out there, and the shop assistants are just too cute and lovely. plenty of vegan options, and lacto options. very well priced. we still rave about this place to this day!

Pros: fresh and healthy, great staff, well priced

Cons: out of town - tram ride reqd.

Great take away and eat in hang out - Edit

The place is a little out the way but worth going and stocking up.

The staff are passionate and knowledgable, it is super clean and the choice is massive!

Great combinations of flavours presented well. Roast pumpkin and tofu parcel things are great. Good selection of cake and snacks to box up and enjoy later.

We always make trip to this place to support such a great concept that the veggie market is lacking, healthy ready meals.

Pros: Great choice, Nice staff, Good flavours

Good food is good food, whatever its called - Edit

I eat meat....lots of it. I avoid the health joints because I thought I'd always leave wanting more.

I had to meet someone at Vege2go in Lygon st Brunswick East. I was starving and thought stuff it I'll have a feed here. I have to say that I started with some trepidation. However I had know idea what to get so I left it to one of the trendy young girls to surprise me. Shortly after I was sitting in front of a vegetarian stew/casserole. Don't ask me what it was, I wouldn't have a clue. All I know is that it was filled with protein and other good stuff.

I have to say that it was bloody fantastic. I didn't miss my stock standard meat or deep fried stuff that I normally partake of. I have been back several times and whilst I don't consider my self a hippie vegetarian tree hugger, I'm proud to say that I now admit freely that I don't mind vegetarian stuff at all. In fact I actually feel guilt free when I eat there. I am losing weight with out actually starving my self. The service is great the coffee is better.
I also had a quick sneak peak at the kitchen, and I have never seen a cleaner more organised kitchen in my life. (You can see it from the service counter.) If you have ever had any doubts about eating vege food, then go there. These guys rock.

Pros: great food, great service, Bloody Clean

Cons: Not near me, Not more of them, not enough people know about them

Yummy for vego and vegans alike! - Edit

This is a great place to eat in or grab take away ready to heat meals for home or while travelling!

There's a great selection of (mostly) italian inspired dishes, ranging from smaller snacks to big full meals.

Most of dishes offer vegan options or are vegan only. The staff are always lovely to boot. One of my favourite local vego options!

Pros: Cheap, Healthy, Fast

Cons: No Sundays

Great food - great service - Edit

Didn''t make it to the restaurant itself, but catered a lovely lunch for a group of students studying animal law at the University of Melbourne. The food was delicious, with some solid mains, great salads of all sorts, and fabulous desserts. Highly recommend the chocolate raspberry cake in particular. The only disappointing note was some inedible peanut brittle. Yuk! Otherwise, just a first rate experience - with delivery and friendly service included. Highly recommended.

Pros: excellent food, good value, large portions

Refreshing - Edit

I thought this place would be catering more to the takeaway market, and while it does, it certainly is a nice place to sit in and eat too. The service was friendly and helpful and I was soooo excited by the VEGAN tirimisu, that is something I thought I would never be able to have, being vegan. A fun, relaxed atmosphere, and the food was inspired and fresh.

Pros: Friendly, Happy ambience, good wholesome food

Cons: not fine dining!

Italian vego food? - Edit

Firstly I did enjoy my food here, but I think its more italian inspired than italian. Most of the pasta dishes are not vegan which I was a little sad about. But in there favour there salads were lovely, gluten free options and vegan desters. Staff are nice and the place is spotless!!!

Pros: Variety, Easy to find, Nice food

Cons: More vegan pasta needed, fair trade chocolate

Say hello to vege2go! - Edit

The first thing I noticed about this cool little eatery was how clean everything was and the fact that you can see right into the kitchen, which also looked exceptionally spick and span.

Next to grab my attention was the warm and friendly staff (who I believe are sisters?) that greeted my friends and I on arrival. Welcoming, sincere and helpful but not "in your face". When I asked about the ingredients of one of the dishes, one of the staff immediately went and found the ingredients list to assure me that it was indeed vegan, just as the helpful (and accurate) description plaque stated. And all with a smile. And not that fake smile either.

Then there was the array of food on display. Every single dish looked fresh, clean, colourful and down-right appetizing to say the least. Plenty to choose from, even just the vegan options, but not so much that my head hurt from all the decision making. Great for the indecisive like myself.

Now, the ordering system confused me for about 2 minutes but I reckon that was because I was overwhelmed by the wonderment of the place that I wasn''t concentrating. Anyway, after it being kindly explained to me I managed to order my meal without any hitches. In fact, my friends and I mucked them around a little trying to sort out what everyone was going to get so that we could all share and get a little bit of everything...but they took it all in their stride, even when we made a few last minute changes.

So, I don''t remember everything that I ate, only that it was all delicious. I do remember the polenta in a tomato based sauce, steamed broccoli, a rice medley-type salad. Anyhow, the food tasted as fresh as it looked but still had a sense of good, satisfying, home-style cooking as if your mum made it. They also do these vegan friendly giant samosa-style pastries with either Leek and Potato or Pumpkin, spinach and tofu fillings. Um...yum!! And then to top it off, vegan tiramisu which was DELICIOUS!! I would never have guessed it was vegan and it even won over my meat and dairy loving sister.

Topping it off was the relaxed environment, the speed with which food is served up (it''s all pre-prepared so there''s very little wait time), the fact that the food is organic and they even let you bring in your own containers to save on waste.

This place is great and I highly recommend it-good food, great value, excellent service and perfect as a healthy fast food option for anyone, not just vegans and vegetarians.

Pros: Great food, Great Service, Great value

Return to Brunswick East Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vege2go closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3515 times since Feb 2008.