Vege Rama - Myer Centre

Contact 07-32118588

Shop 54b, Level E, Myer Centre, 91, Queen St, Brisbane, Queensland, 4000

Vege Rama operates a few outlets in Brisbane; this one is at the food court. Offers a concise menu of Indian dosas, curries, pizza. Has cold press juices. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-6:00pm, Fri 8:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-5:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Indian, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Catering

First Review by JME

so popular - Edit

This place is popular for a reason - I have dreams about their Dahl and they have fabulous changing options. I wasn't too keen on deserts although they do have a huge range - they were pretty heavy but it's good to have options if you have a sweet tooth. The service is great - even though it must be pretty stressful for them at busy Myer centre lunchtimes - and the salads and fresh choices are so tasty. Come early if you want to avoid the rush is my advice. It's so great to see a veggie place do so well in this food court. The masala dosa is pretty wonderful too : )

Convenient & Good Value for Money - Edit

Located in the Brisbane city centre, this store is a very convenient option if you are looking for a quick and easy vegetarian or vegan meal. While not restaurant quality, the food is tasty, has good variety, and great value for money.

Pros: Convenient location, Good value for money, Variety of vegan and vegetarian options

Great food, good value - Edit

The food here is very good and not expensive. $12,50 for a big plate and three meal choices. They say "we do what's best for the planet and the animals" but they're not entirely vegan unfortunately... Otherwise 5 stars!

Pros: Lots of vegan options

Delicious food - Edit

My lunch here was so delicious, I basically came back here for lunch every day I stayed in Brisbane! Even my meat eating boyfriend loves the food here. So tasty. The green curry with tofu was delicious as was the chickpea pesto salad. Good value too.

Pros: value , tasty

Very good - Vege Rama - Edit

I was so happy when I came across this in the mall. My partner and I shared a medium hot plate which was a choice of two dishes and also came with fried rice, we got the Thai green curry and a lentil dish, both we're very yummy, especially with the fried rice. We also had samosas which were super good too. Later we went back and got a piece of the raw vegan chocolate tart, which was delicious, the tart was $7 but totally worth it, otherwise I thought the meals were reasonably priced.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food

Super convenient and good food - Edit

I was in the city on a Sunday afternoon, and I was looking for a quick, cheap vegan meal. When I got to Vege Rama, I noticed that it was the only place in the food court that was busy. Always a good sign.

Once I got to the front of the queue, I ordered the five dollar dahl and rice. The meal was pretty substantial considering the price, definitely the best value meal I know of in Brisbane. It wasn't the best dahl I've ever had, but it definitely held up.

Ultimately, if you're in the city and you're looking for a decent cheap vegan meal, Vege Rama is probably your best option.

Pros: Great value for money, Lots of vegan options, Convenient location

Handy location - Edit

Lots to choose from which is a plus. Down side is that pre cooked food isn't always as fresh tasting as it could be - I didn't really enjoy my Lasagne or koftas :( the pizza was quite oily too.

I recommend Vege Rama, but remember it is in a shopping mall, so it's all about getting people in and out fast, much like all the other food stalls around it. Lovely service and smiles

Pros: quick and easy, inner city

Excellent food - Edit

In a city where to eat out is often expensive, Vege Rama was a pleasant change. Lots of choice, everything was clearly labelled and really reasonably priced. I had the 2 curries and rice, and they were very good.
It's in the food court of a shopping centre, so best for a quick meal on the go while in the city.

Pros: Excellent value, Lots of choice

Cons: No atmosphere, Only seating is indoors

best food ever! - Edit

Went for lunch and dinner in the same day. Loved it. The dosa was epic and the samosa were awesome too. Vegan lasagna was great. Epic salads. Basically great food and really good prices. Will go again soon!!

Yummy vegan pizza wrap! - Edit

I had the vegan pizza wrap - it was so good.
They use Notzarella cheese.

The other food looked great as well, especially the vegan desserts. I will be back for more.

Pros: Vegan pizza yummy, good variety, Very friendly service

Vege Rama - Edit

Always my go-to vegetarian place in Brisbane, such yummy food that is reliably fresh, healthy and delicious. Choose from hot or cold foods/salads plus a range of nice drinks too. A good selection of vegan options, plus use of quinoa, beetroot and tempeh makes options variable and extra flavourful.

A convenient location in the CBD for those already in the city, but I am happy to make a special trip into the city for a good feed. A great take-away option if you are heading out for a day trip to the city.

Pros: Healthy, Tasty, Well Priced

Healthy, tasty, convenient, well priced - Edit

Food is good and good portions. It's quick and a great location, really good for having somewhere to pop into when in the city. It is in a food court so not exactly somewhere you go for atmosphere but does what it does well.

91 Queen Street. location wrong on map. Worth finding. - Edit

The $10 large plate was too much food for me (and I am a big guy) but I finished it all because it was so good.
I had the brown rice with the kofta balls and black lentils. It took me a minute to pick the third item and the girl behind the counter suggested the shepherds pie. Oh yes. They have more than Indian. Lasagna, pizza, moussaka and more. I thought the pie was a strange mix, but she offered to put a extra border of rice to keep everything from combining.
It is in a food court and is busy at times, but worth it.

Pros: great food, good prices, not just Indian

Cons: in a food court

Dosa to Die For - Edit

Having read the reviews, we decided to head straight here when we arrived in Brisbane for an extremely short stay. I had the Dosa (made to be vegan) and my son had the Vegan Pizza, with a pesto salad on the side. The dosa was truly authentic, I hadn't tasted sambhar like that since living in India years ago, and both my children loved it too. Not so much the Pizza and salad. We decided it must have been the pesto, as it was the only common denominator - had a weird chemically, unpleasant taste. So disappointed. However, we went back closer to closing time, and ordered another Dosa, and some spinach pakora to take away. Both equally delicious. The one samosa we bought was soggy from the steam of the bain marie. All in all, I expect the food here is almost always great - the desserts looked so good, but we couldn't fit any in!

Pros: Great vegan food, Nice staff

Cons: Horrible food court, Very busy (but a pro for them!)

Great vegan choices - Edit

We went here a couple of times on saturday lunchtime and it was very busy in the foodcourt, but well worth waiting a couple of minutes to get served and find a seat. Most of the food is vegan and staff are very friendly and happy to talk you through all your options. The mushroom quiche is delicious, as is the apple crumble dessert.

Pros: good value, friendly efficient staff, some delicious food choices

Cons: in a busy food court, next table will be eating McDeath

quick, fresh, deliscios - Edit

I have been to Vege Rama several times now and it has always been a great experience. The food tastes always fresh although the place has a simple take away shop atmosphere - it doesn't matter. The desserts are great too and the food is well priced. There are plenty of vegan options ranging from pizza to enchiladas, salads, curries, burger and cakes. There is another Vege Rama now open on Adelaide St. just be warned the place is super busy during lunch hours! I'm very happy to have discovered this place in brisbane.

Pros: fresh food, good value for money, good location

Cons: atmosphere

Curry in a hurry - Edit

We went to Vege Rama on a public holiday when most other vegetarian restaurants were closed, as sitting in a crowded noisy food court wouldn't normally be my first choice for lunch while on holidays. However, I'm very glad we did. This was nothing like typical food court food. Everything was amazingly tasty, they have brown rice (fresh and moist, not dried out or clumped together as is the norm with white rice from food courts). I had a delicious chick pea curry, sambhar and some split pea curry. The whole dried red chillis floating in it frightened me a bit but, although it was piquant, it was not too hot and the chilli complemented rather than overwhelmed the scrumptious flavours. I tried a kofta and it was excellent - soft and fresh inside, not greasy or dry at all. I was very impressed. This food far exceeds food court quality and is deserving of its own restaurant. Did I mention they have brown rice? This is a huge plus for me. (There is also white rice if you like that kind of thing). There was a range of salads and some interesting looking 'pizza' roll ups including baby spinach and other things. One even had vegan cheese! Unfortunately we could not try everything on the day, but I will go back on my next visit to Brisbane to try the vegan pizza roll. By the way, for those who don't like to eat onion or garlic, there didn't appear to be any in the food we had. The cooking is also ayurvedic. My only suggestion for improvement would be to add a non-dairy fresh vegetable curry.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 27, 2010

Update: I finally got my wish to return here and found to my delight that it is now at least 75% vegan. The food was still great and they now have vegan desserts. The key lime pie and pumpkin cheezecake were scrumptious. Still didn't get a pizza roll up, but tried a 'taquito' which was a fried rolled up tortilla with bean stuffing and topped with salsa and avocado.

They now also have a second outlet on Adelaide St at Post Office Square which is totally vegan. Unfortunately we weren't able to get there on this visit, but I hear it is excellent!

Pros: Delicious food, Brown rice, Mostly vegan

Cons: Could do with more fresh veggie dishes

Yummy Vegarama - Edit

This place does get busy during the lunch rush but the service is quick and well worth a few minutes wait.

Pros: Fresh and tasty, Great selection, Interesting dishes

Cons: Can be a bit of a wait, Noisy in the food court

Busy busy busy - Edit

We got to this place just after midday and found a small crowd there already. The food is tasty and freshly prepared, and the various bain-marie containers were being refilled all the time. We got a couple of '2 curries and rice' meals for $8.50 each. Although these meals could have been slightly larger, the flavours were really nice. There is some tapioca pudding for a very reasonable $4, and the salads which we didn't try looked absolutely fabulous. By the time we left our table, the whole food court was packed to the brim, with a huge bunch of people taking their food away from Vege Rama. This must be the easiest, tastiest, and best priced lunch available in Brisbane for a hungry vegan/vego.

Pros: freshness, taste, price

Cons: smallish servings

Vegerama - Edit

Top quality food, fresh, vibrant, varied.

Something for everyone.

Curries, salads, lasagna, mousakka, vegebake, kofta balls, yummmmmmmo!!!

Not vegan (they use real cheese).

Definitely the go-to place in the Brisbane CBD for lunch (and dinner on Friday nights).

Pros: tasty, nutritious, vibrant food

Cons: in a food court

Handy, Healthy & Hearty - Edit

This place is centrally located in the CBD so I pop in for a meal all the time. Vegan and Gluten-Free options are marked V and GF. The salads are fresh and generous, for example: plenty of chunks of tempeh in the tempeh salad. I often have curry veges and pumpkin coconut curry on yellow rice. Delicious and cheap. The service is friendly and prompt which is good because it's often one of the busiest eateries in the food court. Oh, and they usually have someone out the front giving away free samples of pakoras or pizzas.

Pros: Vegan and Gluten-free options, healthy food, generous portions, great value for money

Best Masala Dosai in Town! - Edit

Been to a couple several Indian places for dosai now and I must say Vege Rama has the truly best one! Oh the crispy shell on the outside and the potato curry that isn't too spicy on the inside. Do note as a side dish they give you some spicy sort of chutney. There's also coconut chutney (check out the picture I uploaded).

Pros: best dosai in brisbane

Cons: noisy foodcourt

Heaven on my plate! - Edit

So thankful to have stumbled upon this fantastic veggie place on my first day in Brisbane. Have already eaten here 4 times! The kofta balls are delicious as are the samosas. I absolutely loved the dosa set, but my fave so far has been the tempeh tahini salad. Seriously tasty stuff!! Delicious, healthy, veggie food at reasonable prices :)

Please open a branch in Sydney!!

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Friendly staff

Cons: Not in Sydney

Vege Rama the BEST - Edit

I'm a travelling VEGAN, and stumbled upon Vege Rama as it was a sunday and everything else was closed. Well I'm glad I did as this is by far the best option for a vegen there is. Everything is fresh, well cooked, not over cooked, and well combined. There was more VEGAN than vegaterian which was awesome. The food was so good I got 3 lots of take aways for dinner and breakfast so I could try everything, and it was ALL GOOD. Great people. Great food. A must go place while in Brisbane.

Pros: Fresh, Healthy, Super Tasty

Cons: A Food court not a resturant

Yum! - Edit

A friend introduced me to dosas when we were in London. I am very happy to have found them in Brisbane. Everything I have had here has been yum. Great vego restaurant.

Pros: Taste, Convenient location

Cons: Noisy location

Vege Rama has moved - Edit

VegeRama recently relocated to the foodcourt in the Myer Centre. The vegan and gluten free options are written on the glass counter. The menu is mostly the same as in the previous location and the staff are sweet and friendly as always.

Pros: Good value, Lots of vegan options, Tasty food and healthy options

Cons: Gets crowded at the small counter area

Return to Brisbane Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vege Rama - Myer Centre closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5251 times since Jun 2009.