Vege Rama - West End

Contact 07-32553388

Shop 2a, 220 Melbourne St, Brisbane, Queensland,

Vege Rama operates a few outlets in Brisbane; this one opened in the West End Nov 2014. Offers a concise menu of Indian dosas, curries, pizza. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-9:00pm, Thu-Sun 7:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Indian, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by choogirl

Beautiful food! - Edit

Partner and I went here for our anniversary this year - what a treat! We got a raw tasting plate for our entree - the kale chips were my favourite. I got the sweet potato gnocchi for my main - also good. The dessert was the best part of the night. I ordered the coconut flan and chocolate mousse (yes, I got two desserts). Absolutely beautiful desserts. Great place for vegans and will definitely be going back again!

Wonderful food, friendly service - Edit

The last time i was here was a year or so ago, and it was ok, but i wasn't that impressed. This time totally changed my view.

The staff were friendly and helpful - not always something you can count on at places. The food was excellent. The chef seems to have a subtle and deft hand.

Both of us being vegan, with no vegan places open nearby, we chose to go here and selected sweet potato gnocchi, seared tofu steaks, kimchi, and roasted vegetables.

The gnocchi was was light with a pleasant, mild flavour - just like the seared tofu. The tofu also had a herb crust that added a touch of further interest.

The kimchi was devoid of its typical red colour, but was infused with garlic and still had bite without being overpowering. For people afraid that the kimchi might be too hot - as i was - this was a nice surprise.

The roast vegetables were parsnip, carrot, sweet potato, zucchini and beetroot. They were all good, although beetroot was my favourite. Some of the thicker pieces of parsnip were still hard in parts and needed either more roasting or a bit of cooking beforehand.

If you want to take someone to a place that's a little special, without the inflated prices, this is a good bet. What a shame the place doesn't recognize the ethical imperative of veganism and make everything vegan.

That said, they have a reasonable range of vegan dishes, their bar is vegan, as are all their desserts (at least when we went).

I'd give this place 5 stars if it was vegan - and, to a much lesser extent, cooked the parsnip in the roast vegetables right through.

Pros: above average food and service, low to moderate prices, nice surroundings

Cons: not vegan, not vegan, not vegan

I should move to Brisbane - Edit

Fantastic healthy vegan and vego food. Thoughtfully created options, with generous servings.
Tried the burger and the Thai green salad. Both are excellent. Also the green juices are tasty, wholesome and well-presented.
They also have beer, coffee and creative cocktails.

Pros: food , servings, staff

LOVED IT! - Edit

This place is amazing. I had a raw pad thai salad as it was hot and to be honest I wasn't really sure whether it would satisfy me/ taste good but OH MY GOSH was it good! Had never had kelp noodles before but they were so yum. My brother's smoothie was absolutely delicious and although my juice was nice I totally wished I had ordered his drink instead haha. He had a vegan burger and let me just say, the sound it made when he bit into it was enough to tell me it was really, really good. He also loved the chips but 'accidentally' forgot to save me one to try hmmm... all in all everything was perfect except the price which was just a little on the expensive side. Otherwise faultless.

Pros: amazing food and lots of vegan options , nice staff, air conditioned

Cons: a little pricey

Great pizza - Edit

The 4 Corners pizza is delicious and they also have vegan cheese and gluten free bases available (that don't suck!)
Very friendly staff and a good location.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 17, 2015

Good selection of food - Edit

Great menu of veggie friendly food. I had the asparagus and beetroot risotto, it was a daily special. Tasty and nicely presented but could have done with a bit more flavour in the risotto, although it came with a flavoursome pesto. Service was average. Overall good food, nice vibe. Desserts looked fabulous but I didn't try one.

Pros: great menu, nice vibe, fresh food

Gluten Free Vegan Burger - Edit

There are a lot of tasty food at Vege Rama West End, Filling Meal options, (Vegan, Gluten Free & Vegetarian) sit inside or outside. Fresh Juices, Beer, Soft Drinks, Coffee. I had the Veggie Burger with a Gluten Free Bun, as did my brother & husband. I would have loved to have tried the Gnocchi but there wasn't a GF option.

Pros: Variety, Atmosphere, Friendly Staff

Cons: kimchi was very unpleasant

Nice vegan food in the heart of West End - Edit

I went to Vege Rama - West End with a friend on a lazy Sunday of a weekend in Brisbane. The atmosphere was delightful, as were the servers.

After far too long spent trying to decide on a meal from the copious vegan selection on the menu, I settled on one of the daily specials, a Thai curry, and my friend had a vege burger. Both of our meals were exceptionally good and surprisingly filling.

I recommend this place for anyone looking for somewhere a little nicer to eat in West End. The prices were quite reasonable and the food was delicious.

Pros: Good food, Good location, Friendly staff

Lovely - Edit

I wish this veg restaurant was closer to me, because it is great. 5 stars.

Pros: Everything can be veganised, Lovely decor and friendly staff, Quality veg food at moderate prices

Another great addition to the Vege Rama chain. - Edit

I love the Vege Ramas in the city and was excited to learn a proper sit down restaurant had opened in West End. It is nicely decorated and well located. The menu is quite a bit different to the city stores and worth visiting just for that if you're already a fan. Lots of things are vegan or they can make them vegan. Not overly expensive either for a sit down meal. Staff are friendly and helpful. Highly recommend.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Well priced, Tasty, healthy options

Return to Brisbane Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vege Rama - West End closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.