Vege Miasto

Contact 607031114

Solidarności 60a, Warsaw, Poland,

The owners opened this cafe and sweet shop in 2014 at this location close to metro Ratusz Arsenal, and also operates Vegavani catering; previously ran a cafe in Chmielna. Offers vegan and gluten free food, including cakes and ice cream. Dishes change and range from burgers, pancakes, and tortilla to salads, spreads, pasta, and pizza. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Organic, Western, Buffet, Take-out, European, Polish

First Review by skatebambi

Crowded bistro, poorly ventilated but definitely worth to try - Edit

We phoned to make a reservation a day before what was a chalenge and too complicated for the staff to manage, so a start was pretty difficult. Also a young couple with a kid who tried to get our table was outrageous and no intervention was seen from staff either.
Mains which we tried were delicious (baked eggplant, kale & millet wraps, pumpkin risotto and rye penne with homemade pesto) so was lentil soup. We got some desserts (4 choices) to take away so we continued our feast at home. The cakes were not the highlights of the meal so no praise there. The desserts we got looked worn out as well, prepared days ahead?. And mint flavour in 2 of them tasted artificial not from mint leaves unfortunately.
Also our coats smelled of kitchen smells after we got back home so aircondition would be appreciated.
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 06, 2015
* 22/10/2016
We went there again, still crowded, staff far more attentive, the food was delish! as usual ( we tried lunch set for 25 pln which was bargain) and took cakes for later. All 3 cakes were devine, no artificial flavour in site, all rich, creamy and indulgent. Must try. Will be back when in town :-)

Updated from previous review on 2016-10-22

Pros: excellent food (mains), great lemonade, attentive staff

Cons: difficult to make reservation , poor vetilation

Tasty - Edit

Really tasty and beautiful food. Cosy place and friendly staff. A little bit too expensive, but taste of their hummus with veggies was do good that it was totalny worth it.

Pros: Many different options (from dumplings to hummus), Tasty food, Pretty place

Cons: Really expensive, A little bit crowded

Vegan adventure in Warsaw - Edit

I've been vegetarian for over 20 years and vegan for 3. It's amazing to find so many options in Warsaw! I live in Los Angeles and I have less chooses there:)

Vege miasto was my first vegan discovery in my vegan Warsaw journey. I love their desserts and home-polish style lunch and dinner dishes.

Best place in Warsaw - Edit

I'm a loyal customer who has eaten there countless times. Both in the current and previous location and was even a fan of their food prior to that when they have just operated as a catering service so perhaps I'm a little biased but let me tell you this- their green pancake is the most delicious meal you can get in whole city!

Pros: Amazing daily lunch deals, Delicious cakes

amazing! - Edit

This place is heaven! We tried two types of pierogi after hunting vegan pierogi for days in Poland. They were delicious as well as the peanut butter cake we had after. You def have to go there when in Warsaw!

Basic food - Edit

Our hostel staff recommended this place to us. We asks biggest meals and I took mushroom pasta. Very delicious but plate wasnt so big what I hoped :/ but well...more space for dessert.

This restaurant could commercial them self at Oki Doki Hostel. I think there could be visitors who whould find this place intressed.

Pros: basic food, cozy, dessert

Best Vegan Cakes in Warsaw! - Edit

I visited this place twice with my Mum and we both LOVED the food and the cakes! The spinach pancake with vegan ricotta is simply delicious - we would've ordered another if it wasn't for the relatively long wait. The "Cudak" - stuffed baked potatoes - were also amazing. And the cakes... well, I simply don't know how to describe them, they're SO YUMMY! You may want to book ahead though as the place is very busy so it's difficult to get a table. And don't go if you are in a hurry as it takes a while for the food to arrive. More than worth the wait though!

Pros: Delicious food, Big portions, BEST cakes!

Cons: Not enough tables, Slow service, Crowded = rather noisy

Excellent food and amazing cake variety - Edit

My favourite is the raw vegan spaghetti dish but everything I've had is very good. The cakes all look very appetizing. I must say my least favourite are tofu-based but that is a personal preference.

Tasty, colourful food - Edit

I visited Vege Miasto few times and always took a set menu. It is really big portion: soup, main and salad. Everything is fresh, colourful, varied and looks and taste beautiful. Very cheap for this size and quality of food.

Pros: cheap, tasty, beautiful

Crowded, but good - Edit

We arrived at 5pm for an early dinner and expected it to be deserted - to our surprise, we were lucky to find seats! There was an English menu available, but the dish I wanted had already sold out, which was a shame. My partner had the kofta, which were excellent and really flavoursome. I had the aubergine dish which had lots of components, all of which were nice individually but didn't really work well together. Everything was good, but I ate each part separately.

The cakes were incredible - the bounty cake was so good, I would happily travel back to Warsaw just for that!

Pros: Amazing food

Cons: Very crowded

Great cakes and appealing lunch sets - Edit

Around lunch time, it can be hard to find a seat here, which attests to the high quality of the food served. The lunch sets are a really good deal - they look amazing every day and contain a variety of veggies plus more hearthy sides as well as a soup. The cakes we tried were only lightly sweetened but still managed to taste absolutely luxurious. The well-seasoned "russki" pierogi had a good texture, but slightly oily. We also had some baked potato topped with pesto, almonds and "cheese" - highly recommend this dish (it's on the main dishes menu). The staff is friendly, deals well with the huge influx of guests, but not so helpful when it comes to explaining the daily lunch options. The a-la-carte menu is available in English. It's the kind of restaurant you'll want to come back to regularly to sample their sumptuous cakes and great-value-for-money lunch deal.

Pros: Taste, Cakes lightly sweetened, Healthy

Cons: Can get crowded

Yummy vegan food - Edit

Such tasty food. As a vegan tourist in Poland for the first time I wanted some traditional polish food so ordered pirogi but they offer a range of menus. I was so happy. They also have a range of vegan cakes and cheese cakes.

They have an English menu and some staff speak very fluent English.

Pirogi cost about 20zl (~£4).

Highly recommended! Great food, great atmosphere :)

Best vegan place in Warsaw! - Edit

I fell in love with Vege Miasto immediately and went there several times during my short stay in Warsaw. I love the food and especially the cozy atmosphere of the place. Excellent menue, delicious food and awesome cakes! Make sure to drop by this place when you are in town!

It seems to be a very popular place, always quite busy. If you come with several people and want to have dinner, it may be a good idea to make a reservation in advance.

Pros: cozy, excellent food, good value

super - Edit

Huge portions and everything very tasty, but really too fatty for me.. Will be very good if you add nutritional values to the menu.

Pros: super tasty and huge portions

Cons: too fatty

WONDERFUL - Edit

here i had pierogi that were very good..but i looked in all the other dishes and they seems to be DELICIOUS as well. I had the BEST vegan cake of all my life, made by peanuts!! i totally recommend this place, not only for the good quality food but also because it's very pretty and cosy.
quite cheap

Pros: cakes delicious!, lovely homemade lemonade

Favourite, inspring place for dinner - Edit

I visit them frequently. The meals are complete sets of dishes that provide you with everything you need for the day. Which is so different from the vegan fast food. Really diverse, inspiring cuisine. I also recommend trying their strawberry ice cream :)

Pros: Friendly owners and staff, Complete meals, Diverse cuisine

Cons: Hot interior in hot days

Good start - Edit

It was only one week old when I visited it but has great potential. Menu was experimental but vast. We had: chickpea stew with millet, penne with kale and other goods and lunch of the day. Chia pudding 10/10!
They are brand new so the organization was not on its best- some people got to order in the bar, some sat and waited. The stuff is very hepful though and the whole restaurant has great potential. Will definitely visit in the future.

update: Been threre year after. Improved 100%. Food is AMAZING. My favourite spot in Poland.

Prices are not the cheapiest (20-26 for mains) but I guess is a standard in Warsaw centre.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 14, 2014

Pros: tasty and healthy, 100% vegan, helpful staff

Cons: prices, organization (probably because it's new)

Top level vegan food - Edit

We went today for the first time to this restaurant. We've been vegan for some years now and since traveling quite a lot to different countries we always explore vegan food scene wherever we go. This restaurant exceeded our expectations! Great food, reasonable prices and generous portions. The combination of tastes and textures most pleasing and surprising. I believe it would be a great experience for anybody even not vegan. Great compliments!

Amazing - Edit

First of all, we came in and already fell in love with the place. It is just beautiful.

The food was great! I had a tortilla and I cannot find words to describe it. My girlfriend had one of she gluten free options, a new dish, and she was also very happy with it.

We are about to have some cake and it is great to see how many gluten free options they have. The problem will be to decide which one.

You cannot skip this place if you stop in Warsaw.

Pros: Great staff and location, Gluten free

Cons: They are not in Cologne

Best eggplant in town - Edit

ok.... so I have to admit that bakładoro is my best pick at this place. Sometimes I cheat and choose something different and then I regret :) So bakładoro (read bacquadoro) is an eggplant with tomatoes and onions- baked, with some vegan cheese and topped with parsley. Served with some smoked tofu in green dressing (I guess it's basil, but I couldn't figure it out, as the smoked flavor is pretty strong). With a side salad and either rise or millet (but this varies from day to day). The salad was a bit dry and desperately needing some dressing, so I have asked and got some vinaigrette - which saved the salad of course :) In general I love this dish :) Deserts are pretty tasty too, but this time I had to pass. Highly recommend, probably one of the top three vegan places to eat in Warsaw.

Pros: very tasty food, quick, friendly staff

Cons: more flavor - better salad dressings, cash only :(, small, and very popular, so crowded :)

Nice, creative meal - Edit

English menu and staff spoke English. At first, I thought the menu looked boring since they were few original items on it but the meal preparation and presentation offered a great meal. As noted by others, the menu is higher than other places in Warsaw but still reasonable for the quality of food. Staff were very helpful.

Pros: Friendly staff, Whole food

Always great food - Edit

Crowded, crowded, crowded. The food is delicious but the cakes not so much- they are all sugar and gluten-free. In comparison with other vegan places in Warsaw,this one is a bit pricey. But if I would like to invite someone to show how tasty and stunning vegan food is- this is my number 1 choice.

Best vegan restaurant in Poland! - Edit

This is probably the best vegan restaurant in Poland. The food was like nothing I have ever eaten in my life. I doubt I will eat anything as delicious in the future, except maybe right here :)
Hope I will have a chance to visit this place again and again.

Pros: Delicious food

Cons: Crowded

The best! - Edit

No doubt that this is the best place in Warsaw for vegan food. The place is nice and cozy and you feel comfortable bringing even your 90 year old grandmother here.

The food is extremely delicious and is obviously all homemade. They have a big variety to pick from, but sadly there is no menu in English. I can especially recommend the Lunch menu.

it is not the cheapest place in the world, but from what you get it is absolutely worth it.

Pros: great food, great place, sweet staff

Cons: no english menu

Ditto that! - Edit

Following up the other recent reviews, I cannot praise this restaurant enough. During a recent visit to Warsaw, we ate there several times. The food was consistently excellent, modern and very creative. The location is very central and close to hotels and attractions. An interesting appetizer is a cold avocado soup. Main dishes include pastas, pierogies and a wonderful (vegan) risotto. A real treat for an American who prefers whole foods and grains was the availability of buckwheat with several of the entrees. There were several dessert choices including great vegan cheesecake. They carry a wide range of bottled drinks but don't miss the watermelon-mint-lemonade, which is visible in the refrigerator case next to the counter. When in Warsaw, Vege Miasto should not be missed!

Pros: Excellent food/very reasonable prices, English-speaking staff to help, Proximity to old city area

Cons: No credit cards, No English menu, Can get very crowded

loved it - Edit

I stayed nearby, and happened upon this place when I was craving vegan food. Despite not having an English menu, they were happy to translate and explain everything. The food was wonderful, super filling, and really sophisticated.

Amazing! - Edit

This restaurant is probably the best vegan place i visited! The menu changes every day. Food is fresh and very yummy. Lots of gluten free options. The portions are large and definately worth the price you pay. They have english speaking staff who can translate the menu and help to choose from their variety of foods. I chose the lunch of the day which was vegan fish with carrot and zucchini fries, mashed potatoes and cabbage and beet salad. It felt like i ate a homemade meal. The cakes - AMAZING! Especially raw snickers. Heaven in a plate. The environment promotes vegan and healthy lifestyle, even the wi-fi password is "you are what you eat" in polish. If you are in Warsaw DEFINATELY find some time to visit this restaurant. I can assure you will not regret it!

Pros: Delicious and fresh food, big portions, Very friendly staff, Easy to find and cozy

Cons: No english menu

Contributions +45

delicious! - Edit

I visited this restaurant for the first time a couple of days ago and the food just tasted awesome. I had a soup, pierogi and an also very tasty dessert. There was no English menu as they change it everyday but the staff is friendly enough to translate it for you when you ask. It's located close to the old town.
Updated from previous review on Friday August 29, 2014

Pros: food quality, atmosphere

Cons: no translated menu , no cards

Nice vegan place - Edit

This restaurant is nice, but nothing special. They don't have english menu, don't accept credit cards, and some of chairs are not so comfy. But food was ok for a normal price. Sometimes very crowded and so much space to sit.

Pros: Good good, A lot of options, nice staff

Cons: No english menu, Don't accept credit cards, very small

Delicious cakes and pierogi - Edit

Vege miasto has a great choice of vegan cakes, which are most of the times also gluten free, sugar free and raw. I tried several of their cakes and they were always delicious and served in a big fat portion, ideal to share or to drown your sorrows in! They have recently started serving vegan ice-cream and chia-based desserts.

On the savoury side, they have a good choice of vegan pierogi, served with caramelised onion, very yummuy! They also have a different lunch menu every day, as well as a dish of the day and a dish of the week, in addition to the standard menu.

Overall, very nice atmosphere and tasty food.

They don't have an English menu but staff usually speaks English and translates. Free Wifi.

Buy your cake here - Edit

They really make some excellent vegan cakes. Their coffee and food are great too. The staff is nice. The locale is nice. One of the earlier reviewers claimed that a cake was "too generous". They are, and I love it.

Tasty Food and Awesome Raw Cakes! - Edit

We went there last week since it was the closest Veg restaurant near the old town and it was literally packed with locals! For lunch they offer a menu of soup + main + mini sized dessert for 25zl (20 without the soup). Menu is all Polish but the staff is very helpful in trying to explain it all; the only problem is that the place is very busy during the lunch time. We had tasty tomato based soup with lots of veggies and a plate of spiced rice (very good!), some kind of meat balls, and a big salad? Dessert was supposed to be chia pudding but they ran out of it and we got small cake crumb + creme + berry (it is very small!). We also had a raw blueberry cake which was very tasty and huge (12 zl). I liked it tangy and not so sweet. The meal took forever to come out but other than that staff is very friendly. Ah it is quite hot and stuffy inside since it's crowded, there are no windows to open and the sun is coming in during the day. It might be nice to visit there in the evening. After 2pm the crowd was gone (but still hot inside).

Pros: Taste, Friendly Staff, Free Wifi

Cons: Slow and crowded for lunchtime, Hot inside and outside

Tasty food in a friendly new cafe - Edit

This new restaurant offers vegan food in a cool setting.
The menu is only in Polish but was translated and explained in great detail by the friendly staff.
The pierogi were yummy and the chickpea mushroom rice main course likewise. The pasta dishes also met with approval of my carnivorous fellow diners although they found the fake Parmesan a bit odd.
The portion of raspberry 'cheese'cake was a bit too generous but tasty.
The smoothies were good.
The furnishing are a mix of pallets and chipboard in part and modern tables and chairs. The bench wasn't as comfortable as at first thought.

Pros: Fresh, Friendly, Tasty

Return to Warsaw Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vege Miasto closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5340 times since Jul 2014.