CLOSED: Vege King

24 Dunlop St W (at Maple Ave), Barrie, Ontario, Canada, L4N 1A2

Offers a huge variety of vegetarian dishes for vegetarians, as well as vegan options. For dessert they also have an assortment of traditional Indian desserts and a selection of ice cream. The decor is simple. The staff is friendly and helpful. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Categories: Indian, Buffet

First Review by Mr Sandy

Delicious food, lovely people - Edit

I was in Barrie visiting family and my sister mentioned Vege King as a great place to eat with lots of vegan options. We were greeted by a very nice couple and they were both very knowledgeable about what "vegan" means. The majority of the food in the buffet was vegan with the exception of a couple dishes. The garlic naan bread was AMAZING (all naan bread is vegan at Vege King, which was a huge bonus for me!). The food was absolutely delicious, very flavourful, and reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who loves indian food. I know where I will be going the next time I visit Barrie!!!

Pros: variety of vegan options, flavourful, varied spice levels, good location

Wonderfully New, Exciting and Unique for Barrie - Edit

Hi Everybody,

Myself, my Wife and my Son went to this restaurant for the first time for my son's birthday dinner after my son told me about it. The menu is very extensive but all three of us decided on the buffet. We were all blown away with the sensational flavours in the food!
I would highly recommend this restaurant to any vegetarian or vagan. The food is absolutely delicious. The restaurant has a simple but genuine decor and is clean. The service is prompt, knowledgeable and friendly. You can have your food as mild or as spicy as you like it. There is an assortment of traditional desserts and a selection of ice cream. Your taste buds will be stimulated and you will want to come back for more. Barrie should be proud to have such a unique restaurant. Enjoy!!!

Return to Barrie Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Vege King closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.