Vege Good

• Vegetarian

86 A-1, Jalan Laksamana Cheng Ho, Melaka, Malacca, Malaysia, 75000

Traditional Chinese style vegetarian food without egg. Menu has dishes with vegetable, tofu, mock meats; plus soup, noodle and rice; and dim sum such as siew mai. Signature dish is fried wanton noodles. Relocated from 639 Jalan Melaka Raya 10.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese

First Review by Tofumight

Great Chinese veggie food - Edit

I'm always suprised at what Chinese restaurants can do with tofu and TVP to make fake meats and fish. I ate satay 'meatballs' which is a local speciality and was really tasty - just the right amount of spicy and you could really taste the peanut sauce. I also had brown rice (a real treat in South-East Asia!) and the healthy tofu stir-fry which was pretty nice, but I should have ordered less as I couldn't finish it all. I had a lovely liquoric-y tea as well. I couldn't fault the service, the owner was lovely and friendly and I just wish the place had been busier (although it seems that many businesses in Melaka are quiet at the moment). The whole meal cost 16MYR (about $5) so fairly reasonable considering it really filled me up!

Pros: Friendly staff, large portions, healthy food

Cons: atmosphere is lacking as it was quiet

Decent Chinese Vegetarian Food - Edit

Stumbled upon this quiet restaurant with friendly staff. Tried their dumpling soup, siew mai and fried wanton noodles (See photos). Taste is good and price is reasonable.

Pros: good value, friendly staff, adequate serving

Return to Malacca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vege Good closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1467 times since Jul 2012.