CLOSED: Vege Favor

Contact 631-650-7788

496 Main St (at /on Long Island), Islip, New York, USA, 11751

Opened since Oct 2012, this quick service cafe makes known Chinese food but with a vegetarian twist. Most items appear to be vegan besides the frozen yogurt and pumpkin soup. Has combo plate deals as well kids meals. Spacious with clean design. Order at the counter. Reported closed to HappyCow, Apr 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out, Asian

First Review by BettyeL.Rainwater

fast and easy - Edit

I eat here around once a month. I was told everything but the lo mein is vegan. I love the chicken noodle soup and any of the "chicken" options. Call ahead for pick up.

Pros: fast, delicious

Cons: really salty

Love it! - Edit

I love Vege Favor. Yes, it is Chinese food that can easily be made vegan or vegetarian, but it is really cool that there is a place like this on Long Island!
I always get the combo meal that is $6.99. It comes with one entree, a salad, spring roll, and rice or lo mein. Very filling and delicious. The veggies are always fresh!!

Pros: Great prices, Fresh vegetables!, Near where I live

Cons: Wish they had a creamy vegan froyo!, Bigger cups for drinks please :)

Good - Edit

I liked the food - but as someone mentioned before - it's nothing particularly special. Then again, Chinese Vegetarian food is perhaps the most - obvious/well know - of veg food - because of the use of tofu.

So my palate wasn't wow'ed! But it's good for what you pay for and it's not inedible, it's actually tasty - it's just kind of typical.

Pros: Fast, Cheap

Cons: Boring

Vege Favor is awesome! - Edit

I've gone here consistently with my brother (a meat eater, le gasp!) since Vege Favor has opened and each time we are always satisfied with what we ordered. The employees are always pleasant and willing to answer any questions you have (nutritionally or not). Plus it's at a really fair price for the amount of food you receive.

Pros: Great customer service, Variety in selections , Very fair prices

Vege Favor not my Vege Favor-ite - Edit

While I was excited at the prospect of a vegan restaurant in Islip, I've eaten there three times, and each time have said, "that's the last time." It's not BAD, it's just not particularly GOOD. It's pretty inexpensive, has take-out, service is fast food style...but I find the food pretty bland.

Pros: inexpensive, fast, has take out

Cons: bland food, always empty

Has CLOSED: Vege Favor closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1378 times since Mar 2013.