CLOSED: Vege Creek 蔬河 - Eslite DunNan

• ( 15 reviews )

245, B1, Sec. 1, Dunhua S Rd, Da’an District, Taipei, Taiwan

Build-your-own noodle meal with emphasis on fresh vegetables. Choose your ingredients (vegetables, tofu, faux meat, noodles), then the staff cooks it into a one-pot soup wonder in just minutes. Or have your order served dry. Style is a blend of East meets West, with modern design concept striping the space down to the bare essentials. One of several cafes in Taipei, this branch is at B1 of Eslite DunNan store. Reported closed, Aug 2020.

Categories: Vegan, Chinese, Take-out, Taiwanese

First Review by JesseD

itravelforveganfood

Points +1824

30 Dec 2019

Hearty vegan noodles, but with quite some waste

Read more in this vegan Taipei guide: https://itravelforveganfood.com/vegan-taipei-guide/

Vege Creek is a vegan choose-your-own-ingredients noodle shop in Taipei with a few locations in popular areas.

You can choose among mock meat, vegetables, noodles and more. Each ingredient is about TW$20-40. They are wrapped individually in biodegradable plastic bags, so there could be quite a lot of waste.

After choosing, you hand the ingredients to the staff and pay. You will receive a buzzer which will notify you when the noodles are ready (usually in a few minutes).

The bowl of noodles is hearty and delicious, especially great for colder weather. The soup base is flavorful and the ingredients are well cooked.

Pros: All vegan , Delicious and good value noodles

Cons: Ingredients are individually wrapped

vbree

Points +48

31 Oct 2019

Delicious noodle soup

Eat soup and then browse around the department store and bookshop on the top level!

giruja

Points +1251

12 Oct 2019

Wonderful!

Satisfying noodle soups with a delicious veggie broth and free choice of toppings (including vegan "ham" and "meat") and sauces. I didn't realise at first that the greens were greens you can actually put in the noodle! I thought it was decoration on the wall lol. The staff informed me that you can actually take them and add them too your noodles!

Came here twice during my stay in Taipei because I just had to try it again and I wasn't disappointed. If I lived in Taipei I would probably come here regularly. So many toppings to choose from, as well as the type of noodles - so noodle lovers wouldn't easily be bored here, methinks. Lots of variations to try out.

Pros: delicious soup noodles, many variations to try, yummy vegan "meats"!

Cons: you may need to fight for seating

sarahzee

Points +898

08 Aug 2019

Love it!

This is one of my favourite go-to places for a delicious bowl of soup! I visit often, especially in the colder weather. I love that you can choose as many or as few ingredients you like, and it is always delicious! Although it's a chain, this location is the best, in my opinion. I feel like it's more flavourful than other locations for some reason. I love the selection of condiments you can add, too. The ginger/sesame sauce is so good!

sunnykorea

Points +63

06 Nov 2018

Wonderful vegan noodle

I love this "vege creek" chain. You can choose your own ingredient for your noodle and make your price. And taste Soo good whatevere you choose. They even have fresh green vegetable for you! This is wonderful Idea! I hope all country have this kind of vegan restaurant. One thing is not good is they are located inside food court so you have to share seats with other meat restaurant. And a little bit noisy.

Cons: share seats with other meat restaurant

vegspringroll

Points +109

21 Apr 2017

Delicious vegan noodles to your own taste!

I love this place so much! I tried it last time I visited Taipei and have been craving it ever since!
You select the veggies, mushroom, tofu, vegan meats, and noodles that you want, then it is cooked freshly for you and served in a big bowl of noodle soup. When it's ready you can add sauces, chili and other seasonings as you like. Fantastic setup and great taste!

ASelemidis

Points +54

06 Mar 2017

Amazing!

Such a cool and innovative idea. Lovely and helpful staff too. Definitely a must try if you are health conscious and picky, but tasty even if you are not.

Pros: healthy and individualised , friendly , tasty

AntoAn

Points +195

02 Jan 2017

Awesome food

Healthy and delicious ! I love being able to choose exactly what ingredients I want to eat and how much of each. Many whole foods great quality veggies, so tasty and satisfying, not oily (which is kinda rare in Taiwan), not too salty, yet full of flavors. They have other branches in the city, this one is in a shopping mall, I think the atmosphere is nicer in the Yanji street branch, but this one is open for longer hours than the Yanji one.

HaileyPoLa

Points +1118

10 Dec 2016

One of my favorite places in Taipei

I go there like 3 - 4 times a week when I'm in Taipei. I love the fact that you can choose your own veggies from the wall and sauces from the counter.

I've asked them about the packaging and they told me it's made with biodegradable corn starch. I still think perhaps there's a way to decrease the use of packaging somehow, even though it's already 100% better than using plastic.

Pros: Amazing food, Abundant choices, Environmentally-friendly packaging

m.chv

Points +20

10 Dec 2016

Fresh and tasty

I went to this place several times and my friends and I were never disappointed. The fact that you can chose what you put in your dish and that you do by picking it yourself is a very good idea and actually very playful. The place is small with only one table yet I never had difficulty to find a spot (yet if you are more than three it can be).
The actual meal is very good and even my non vegan friends enjoyed it.
I highly recommend the place.

monisonfire

Points +3468

09 Apr 2016

again, absolutely delicious!

just like the vege creek in Yanji Street, food was excellent! there's a variety of veg, mock meat and noodles to choose from and food will be freshly prepared. taste is amazing - I took some friends there and everyone was satisfied. a plus: there's several food stalls around so even meat eaters will find something - and you can then sit together and enjoy your meals.

Pros: taste, location, price

jojoinbrighton

Points +1263

08 Feb 2016

Great find!

This branch of VegeCreek is located in the basement of the Eslite building beneath the 24 hour bookstore (also worth a visit) and the options are the same as at their stand alone branch. You choose your veggies, protein, greens and noodles and then they'll make you an amazing soup. There's a table with additional ingredients like chilli, pomelo dressing, sesame seeds and toona (try the toona!) and seating is in the communal food court area.

Citizen Wren

Points +283

Mostly Veg
23 Jan 2016

love Vege Creek

this might be my favorite restaurant in Taipei. fresh, affordable, delicious. happy to stumble across this location in the basement of Eslite!

Mark Satquest

Points +254

Herbivore
05 Jan 2016

Feel Good!

Located amidst lots of other beautiful little stalls that are pleasing to the eyes and ears this little shop is just the perfect place for a quick lunch. It's a very inspiring mix of shopping experience and restaurant. You take a basket and pick all your favorite ingredients, such as vegan ham, different mushrooms, corn, pumpkins on the right hand side and all kinds of green leafy vegetables on the left, (all conveniently labeled bilingually and with prices) then hand them over to the friendly guys behind the counter who in turn hand you a buzzer that vibrates when it s ready (less than 5
Min!). You can then add flavors at the counter in the middle such as sesame oil, pepper, chilli and my favorite xiang chun(香椿)and ready is your favorite noodle soup

JesseD

Points +823

27 May 2015

Same as other, good hours

I just realised that this branch doesn't have any reviews, so want to say that the concept (and I think the price) is exactly the same as the original store nearby, close to SYS Memorial Hall (reviews here http://www.happycow.net/reviews/vege-creek-taiwan-41983). At both you choose your own vegetables and soy-based products and they turn it into a delicious one-pot wonder in minutes. A typical (large) meal generally costs around NT200, great value for fresh food individually cooked.

This branch is inside the foodcourt (B2) of the Eslite bookshop / mall. This means that you get your own table (if you can get one) but also that it keeps foodcourt hours. So this is a great place to go if you need a late meal (until at least around 9pm I think) or between lunch and dinner, or on national holidays when most other places are closed, because the shopping mall will almost always be open. As a resident I find myself going here quite often for these reasons.But the original branch is probably better for most tourists and being its own shop offers a slightly more interesting experience than a busy shopping mall.

Pros: fresh, healthy, delicious food, very reasonably priced, MRT access; almost always open

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vege Creek 蔬河 - Eslite DunNan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.