First Review by Notre-Dame

Great vegan pizza's! - Edit

Great pizza's, totally vegan. Very tasteful, using vegan "cheese" and "meat". Small place (10 seats), they also do takeaway. Very good price, especially for Paris standards. Recommended!

Late Night Vegan Treat - Edit

If your looking for late night vegan grub this is your Paris go to. Unique home made vegan pies, moderately priced and certainly not run of the mill. There's even a Mexican pizza. Located in the happening Belleville district and a block away from the Metro 2 line. Easy access, excellent service and pretty damn tasty.

Pros: uniqueness, price, location

Cons: none

sooo good! - Edit

Vegan Pizzas in general are a thousand times nicer than the non-vegan versions, but these are fantastic even compared to the other vegan ones. Only Hank's pizzas compare!

delicious! - Edit

Hello everyone, I really enjoyed Veg'Art's Mexican pizza. Simple ingredients but super flavorful. I'm staying in Paris for another month and I will definitely return a few more times for the other options before I leave! I don't speak French and the waitress/staff were super friendly and helpful. Thanks Veg'Art!

delicious pizza, great prices and service. - Edit

Came early on a Saturday evening. had a Toscane mini-pizza (certainly enough for 1 person) and a cider. Delicious. Definitely returning next time I'm in Paris.

Pros: all vegan , good prices, well located

Costless and cramped - Edit

Damn these pizza's were delicious. Had the royale, gf had the Indian style, we were amazed by the faux cheeses and tofu variations. I get the other reviewers' beef with the interior, but don't let this stop you to go there. Perhaps the owner could redo the interior to make it more open-looking, but the stickers and leaflets are just a bit of activism, that should stay. If you wanna be vegan, then be vegan all the way or as far as you can.

Pros: Great pizza, Big ass meal

Cons: Cramped

Awesome pizza - Edit

vegart pizza is art. pizza was very very delicious . this is awesome.vegan pizza so amazing

Great pizza - Edit

The pizzas we ate here were great, the vegan cheeses and meats were very nice. The atmosphere and decoration is not as nice, next time we'll do take-out.

Pros: Tasty pizza, Good ingredients, Nice staff

Cons: Decoration/style/atmosphere

Good food, bad decor - Edit

The menu has a good range of pizza, pasta, salads and desserts; some of the pizzas are a little strange (there was a Chinese-style one from memory), but the vegan meats and cheeses used taste good, and give the sensation of eating cheesy pizzas which many vegans miss. The experience is spoiled somewhat my some very graphic and gory animal rights posters and flyers around the restaurant, some of which depict graphic self-harm. Since most of the clientele are presumably already vegan, this seems unnecessary, since we go to vegan restaurants to enjoy ourselves, not to be reminded of the violence of animal-based food, of which we're only too well aware. I suggest the management take these down and replace them with more positive material, and try to make the restaurant a more inviting place to visit.

Pros: Good range of food, Good pizzas

Cons: Strange interior decoration, Some very graphic posters and leaflets on the wall

More pizzas like this - Edit

I didn't take a pic of the pizza, but I got the Royale one, size mini (7€), but with all of the ingredients it was really amazing and sufficient! Plus, the coffee there was great and not that expensive as the rest of Paris :D. Loved it there, I will return for sure!

Pros: pizza, reasonable price, centre of the city is close

Cons: it is very small and too hot in summer

My mouth waters when i think back to this pizza - Edit

I had the pizza ratatouille and it was sooo good! Finally vegan pizza done right. Portions are quite large, my mom had a salad which was huge! My friend had the margharita type pizza (first one on the menu, don't remember the name) which i wouldn't recommend, very salty and otherwise quite bland.

Pros: Affordable, Tasty!

Cons: I'm a bit sick of ugly green walls in veg restaura

marisascoff 09 Jul 2016 - Do you know what type of cheese they use on their pizza?

good stuff zucchinis and pizza - Edit

Good place for simple vegan dishes.
Every dish seems to be prepared "à la minute", so have one hour on front of you, as, at least when we were there, this little place (6/8 pax max), we had to wait 30' to get our food after ordering it. Slow, but good. Highly recommended for Vegan and those who wish to discover vegan simple and tasty food.

Only disapointement was the Tatin Tart, which had by far not enough apple into it.

Good choice of healthy drinks.

Pros: stuffed zuchini, friendly staff, quiet / small / friendly place

Cons: Tatin tart was not memorable

Put Veg'Art on your MUST DO list - Edit

After years of being vegan and missing Italian pizzas done right, I lost all hope. Veg'Art restored my hope in vegan restaurants and vegan cheeses. Please, do yourself a favour and go to Veg'Art and order a pizza!

Pros: Authentic, Delicious, Inexpensive

Great! - Edit

One of the best vegan pizzas I have ever had :)

Pros: Bolognese

tasty toppings but... - Edit

Decided to try out this pizza place despite other reviews because I love pizza and can't make my own as I don't have an oven! A tiny place. The staff are economical with their smiles but I didn't find them rude, but a bit reserved and polite. The pizza took about 20mins to arrive, just starting to test my patience. My daughter ordered regular pizza base. I ordered gluten-free. We both had bolognese one. The toppings on both were delicious! Finely sliced vegetables, grilled just right. Tomato paste was good and a generous amount of 'cheese'. My daughters pizza was very good. Sadly my gluten-free pizza base had far too much baking soda in it for my liking and gave a horrid salty taste. As for value for money, I found it expensive. 2 large pizzas and 2 soft drinks = €37. The pizzas were big size. I could easily have shared 1 pizza and would have had room for a dessert and saved some pennies.

Pros: pizzas are vegan, toppings were tasty

Cons: avoid the gluten free base , expensive

marisascoff 23 Jul 2016 - Hi, I was wondering if you recalled what the "cheese" was made of, was it nut-based?

thank you!

I don't understand how other people liked this... - Edit

I'll write this review in english even though I live in Paris. I was extremely disappointed when trying Veg'Art, because according to the reviews it was a good vegan restaurant -and hence, good vegan advertisement for omnivores. I'm afraid that despite my good will to appreciate it, the food was horrible, to the point that I was barely edible. When I say this I don't mean to insult the owner's effort put in her restaurant, but food this bad can only do a disservice for the message she's trying to promote. In the end we were quite creeped out, not only by the strange and frankly agressive decoration of the place, but also by the very (and I mean very) bad service. The waitress (owner of the place I think?) was extremely rude, and above all, very awkward, to the point that her silent staring actually made us uncomfortable. As for the food, the "pizza" was not even (re)heated, the tomato sauce was sour. The "cheese" was everything but cheesy or tasty at all, I'm really sorry to say that it was revolting, and even the basil was rotten! I really had high expectations for this place, but I have to be honest, it was a terrible experience overall. I hope this review does not come across as rude, I do not want to demean Veg'Art, as I'm sure they can do a lot better than this if they work on it. As a client, I'm just being 100% honest.

Not a good gluten free option - Edit

I'll have to agree with some of the other reviews, but it was disappointing, food wise. The gluten free dough is simply awful and they just tossed some industrial ingredients together without even trying to cook something simple and nice with actual, fresh ingredients such as veggies (which is the base of any healthy plant based diet, DUH).
Stepping out of the food criticism, the place is obviously owed by animal rights activists, so in my opinion, they're around for the message more than the food, but if you want to do so, at least cook something tastier and cheaper (which is totally doable), than 17€ pizzas with indus ingredients.

Pros: nice location, vegan cheese

Cons: gluten free option, cooking in general

good but too expensive - Edit

this place is very small but the interior is nice and the staff is friendly as well. I had the mexican pizza and the vegan chorizo was actually quite good considering the fact that I have a hard time with fake meat. all in all, it was a good pizza, although i've had better. the prices are also extremely high. I paid 15 euros for my pizza so i expected a big one but it was just normal sized lol i still recommend this place though

Pros: good dishes, friendly staff, it's just nice to have a vegan pizzeria

Cons: desserts are a bit bland, expensive

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veg'Art closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.