First Review by kennyp353

many vegan versions of famous dishes - Edit

You can find there lots of vegan versions of famous meals, snacks and beverages. Burgers, "hot dogs" and "milkshakes" for example.

Outstanding. Absolutely incredible. - Edit

This place is outstanding. It's a vegan store selling all manner of local and imported vegan produce, including lots of frozen things. But its main business is a vegan cafe - and it's just incredible. I had vegan churrasco and fries. I've had a lot of fake meat products in my time, this is right up there with the best I've ever had. I can't imagine the meat version could be better than this. It was so tasty. The girl next to me had the calabresa, which looked like meat sausage - she finished it all. I had a couple of things from the hot cabinet to take away too. And an ice cream, which was nice. Ensure you arrive after 4pm to get the main menu - the lunchtime menu from 11am to 3pm is a fixed meal each day, I tried it twice, it's OK but not as good as the evening fake-meat stuff and expensive for what you get. The shop sells so much stuff - better for vegans than most European health food stores. I've been waiting for something like this in Salvador for years. Finally it's here. I went here every day of my trip.

Updated from previous review on 2017-06-26

Pros: Everything about it, Vegan churrasco and fries, So much stuff you can buy from the store

Cons: Quite expensive overall, Set lunch is poor value, Main menu not available until after 4pm

Return to Salvador Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veganza Emporio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.