Veganz - Berlin Friedrichshain

• Veg Shop Veg Shop
  • Vegan
Contact +49-3029363780

Warschauer Strasse 33, Berlin, Germany, 10243

The 3rd outlet of Veganz supermarket in Germany, opened Mar 2013. Large space with extensive selections of food and products. Inside is also a bakery plus a cafe/bistro managed by Goodies. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

First Review by vegan_ryan

Vegan Haven - Edit

Amazing selection of products! Seemed to have every vegan product under the sun, even the ones I've read about but never seen in the UK or Australia.
Staff were good and spoke great English, which was helpful as my German language skills are terrible. One member of staff was a little stand-offish at first, but warmed once I had been there a while and started talking more

Pros: Amazing selection of products, Reasonable prices, Chilled, frozen, ambient products and fresh veg se

Cons: No photography or filming

great supermarket and yummy food - Edit

The supermarket has a good selection.

The cafe / bistro had so many delicious things to offer. We came here to eat breakfast and were never let down. The bagels and wraps were amazing!

Pros: good selection, good location, friendly staff

Vegetarian/VEgan Heaven - Edit

Great supermarked with everything you can think about.
Many choices of all items.
A bit pricey like organic supermarkets are but definitively worth a visit.
At the same location: Avesu (for shoes) and Goodies (for snacks, cakes and drinks)

Pros: they have EVERYTHING

Veganz needed in every town across the globe - Edit

Supermarket with wide selection of vegan cheese, mock meats, sweet & savoury snacks, drinks, ice cream, toiletries.

The Goodies cafe is second to none (except perhaps the other Goodies cafe down the road...) particularly the cakes, where there are raw options available. Take out is available but beware it doesn't come in a box.

I found the service at the restaurant poor, although the food was good, and the shoe shop upstairs is ludicrously priced.

Veganz itself however = A*

Pros: Great selection of everything vegan, Handy for U and S bahn, Goodies cafe

Cons: Avesu shoe - €120 for trainers?

No words - Edit

Absolutely loved this place! A friend and I were in Berlin for 4 days and came here for breakfast every single time. Great vegan food, little on the pricey side but this was expected, and the adjacent supermarket was like actual heaven. Can't wait to come back!

Pros: great vibe, so many options, all vegan

Cons: little pricey

Oooh yes!! - Edit

After many trips to Berlin, we finally made it here before catching the train back to Dresden. We(my husband and I) were in heaven! So much goodness! We found Gardein, Tofurky, and Field Roast(best vegan sausages ever), things we haven't had since moving to Germany from Canada. They also had lots of samples. We were almost overwhelmed, there was so much stuff I wanted to buy. I was also happy to find proper kombucha, and not the Voelkel brand which is just a glorified organic soda(real kombucha has to always be kept in the fridge once bottled). One thing I was hoping that they had was Vega One smoothie powder, but I was so happy about all of the other finds that I left a happy camper. They also have a restaurant and a smoothie/juice bar attached, but we already had pigged out at three other vegan restaurants to the point where even all of the samples in the store were pushing it. Ok, now I'm rambling, but the point is check it out and bring a big bag to carry all of the stuff you'll end up buying. And if Veganz is reading this, a location in Dresden would be awesome, otherwise we have a good excuse to go to Berlin.

Pros: So much yumminess

Worth a visit - Edit

Veganz supermarkets are a bit pricy indeed, but the products they offer are of very high quality. You can get everything you need there and there's a huge variety of vegan milk alternatives. Some of them are not even expensive, you should compare the prices, some are really affordable and not more expensive than in a regular health food store. The staff was friendly and I was amazed by the bistro/bakery they have.
By the way, if you buy shoes at the "avesu" vegan shoe store (just go upstairs and you'll be there), you will also get a free vegan capuccino.
A place you should drop by, even if your budget is rather low you'll find some things you can afford, because they have thousands of different products.

Pros: huge variety, all vegan, mostly organic

Awesome vegan store! - Edit

I went to Berlin this February for the first time in my life. This store will always be in my heart and hopefully I will comeback to Berlin for more! Lovely staff and lovely shopping. I am so happy for all these new experience. Love to all of you!!!

Good store - Edit

Nice little store full of all kinds of vegan food, pet food, cosmetics and more. Friendly service, prices are average for the area and the things they sell I guess, which means it's not useually cheap.

super! - Edit

I'd like to live in this store! coming from Ireland were we only have little sections in stores or health shops. This is like heaven! I loved the fact they have the vegan shoe store avesu and the bowl restaurant upstairs too! We got some great food to have a picnic for a trip the next day and loved it :) we also picked up snacks a few times and coffee and cookies from the goodies cafe attached.

Pros: all vegan!

Cons: none

All do you need in one place - Edit

100% vegan supermarket where you can find everything that a vegan needs without wasting a lot of time reading labels.

Fresh products, groceries, cosmetics and hard to find items, wide variety of items, but little overpriced.

The Goodies adjacent to the shop is highly recommended, especially bagels and the varied and delicious cakes.

You can also find in the upper floor a extremely overpriced vegan shoe store.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Variety, You can find everything that you want

Cons: A bit expensive, Is not in my country

2 in 1 - Edit

Veganz is a bistro and shop in the one place. I got ristretto coffee (suprisingly delicious) and ceasar salad wrap for the breakfast and I could not do it better. The shop is full fake meat and cheese which I have never seen in one place. If you visit Berlin as a vegan tourist as I am you need see this place :) On the first floor there is also Avesu shoes store and some "high-class" restaurant, but because I am a poor vegan I was afraid to enter the place :D

Pros: all in one place, tasty food and coffee, nice interiror and staff

best place in town! - Edit

i don't know where to start with this review, so much good !!

when you're shopping as a vegan in a supermarket you usually take a long time looking at labels on the back... its a never ending story.. here you can feel kinda like a normal person just grabbing whatever you feel like from the stands ! everything is suitable for you !!! love it :D

bakery is good too!

Pros: location, all vegan supermarket, , you can buy everything in there

Cons: some things are a bit pricey

Teure importierte Produkte - Edit

Teure Produkte die importiert wurden, man sollte vielleicht mehr Produkte aus Deutschland verkaufen oder auch selbst herstellen (Veganz ist ja jetzt dabei). Der Laden sollte auch mehr gesunde Produkte anbieten und weniger Fertigprodukte und Ersatzprodukte.

Pros: alles vegan :)

Cons: Teuer, viele Fertigprodukte

Great choices of products - Edit

The supermarktet has everything you can think of! Everything is vegan. Prices are also very vegan-like: pricy. The café is really a breath of fresh air. Unike, tasty and payable products. Nice people, nice café.

Pros: Original products, All vegan, Affordable prices in cafe

Cons: Supermarket --> expensive

Fancy so expensive - Edit

YOu can find pretty everything you need if you're into raw/Healthy foods, sugar alternative and Combucha.
But god, it's damn expensive! I like to have a treat from time to time: The CoYo yogurt. Have you ever seen a yogurt that costs 5€ alone? Well I did. But it's so good!
I don't regularly go to this place, really when I need something special I can't find elsewhere just because I've heard some nasty stuff about the tenant regarding nazis etc. Well the place is not "clean" socially, they don't pay well their employees etc. But still, a vegan supermarket! How crazy is that!!

Pros: everything you want is here

Cons: very expensive

Veganz is OK - Edit

Its a bright store located just outside the train station with a nice outdoor area that could use some trees around it. Its crammed with lots of convenience vegan foods meat alternatives and the like. It was comforting to know anything i touched or looked at was vegan. Its quite expensive and can make living vegan look exclusive in this sense but offers lots of options and hard to find items. I was disappointed by their cosmetic/toiletries and household product section as its quite small. The check out saff I met were friendly and helpful.

Pros: all vegan, great loaction, great soft drinks selection

Cons: expensive, not enough real food/ daily staples, little to no vegan outreach material

Very great place: vegan, well located and nice! - Edit

This second Veganz deserve the same good review than the first one: well located near a vegan café, a vegan restaurant and a vegan shoe shop, offers many, many vegan products at a relatively fair price, has fresh vegetables and fruits so that you can buy all the food you need in the same place. Highly recommended! Hope to see that kind of shop througout the world!

Pros: 100% vegan with a wide range of products, well located, friendly staff, have fresh vegetables and fruits

Great, but pricey - Edit

Great food selection, and a good location.
However, some things are overpriced to the point of being absurd. 9€ for a small bag of vegan cheese?!
Good to shop at for a few items every once in a while, when the wallet permits.

Pros: 100% vegan selection, Hard to find items

Cons: Overpriced

losthighway 07 Dec 2013 - A little hidden jem about this place is that they have a great selection of tinned beans at much lower prices than you find in normal Berlin supermarkets. It's now my go-to spot for tinned chickpeas and such.

Great new location for Veganz - Edit

This is the 2nd location in Berlin, and I much prefer this location. It's easily accessible from the Warschauer U-Bahn/S-Bahn station and Warschauer Strasse trolley lines.

They've got a lot of items that you can't find elsewhere in Germany, great snacks and foods and a Goodies location inside.

Pros: All-vegan, Easily accessible

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veganz - Berlin Friedrichshain closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.