Veganz - Berlin Friedrichshain

• Vegan-store Veg Shop
  • Vegan
+49-3029363780

Warschauer Strasse 33, Berlin, Germany, 10243

The 3rd outlet of Veganz supermarket in Germany, opened Mar 2013. Large space with extensive selections of food and products. Inside is also a bakery plus a cafe/bistro managed by Goodies. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

First Review by vegan_ryan

Great for what you need - Edit

I like Veganz. It has Tofurky, which keeps me sane in Europe, as Tofurky is so much better than the European "fake meats" I hardly know what to say. It's no Whole Foods, but when in Rome...

Amazing - Edit

We visited two Veganz supermarkets on our recent trip and what an absolute pleasure not to have to think about checking labels!

We managed to bring quite a bit of cheese, tempeh and seitan back with us to the UK!

Lucky Berliners!

Pros: great selection of products

Great place. - Edit

Great selection of vegan goodies..Reasonable prices. With a nice cafeteria as well.

Pros: Great selection of vegan food.

Cons: none

Vegan Haven - Edit

Amazing selection of products! Seemed to have every vegan product under the sun, even the ones I've read about but never seen in the UK or Australia.
Staff were good and spoke great English, which was helpful as my German language skills are terrible. One member of staff was a little stand-offish at first, but warmed once I had been there a while and started talking more

Pros: Amazing selection of products, Reasonable prices, Chilled, frozen, ambient products and fresh veg se

Cons: No photography or filming

great supermarket and yummy food - Edit

The supermarket has a good selection.

The cafe / bistro had so many delicious things to offer. We came here to eat breakfast and were never let down. The bagels and wraps were amazing!

Pros: good selection, good location, friendly staff

Vegetarian/VEgan Heaven - Edit

Great supermarked with everything you can think about.
Many choices of all items.
A bit pricey like organic supermarkets are but definitively worth a visit.
At the same location: Avesu (for shoes) and Goodies (for snacks, cakes and drinks)

Pros: they have EVERYTHING

fantastic! - Edit

Great shop with A LOT of vegan goddiness! I wanna buy it all! :)

Veganz needed in every town across the globe - Edit

Supermarket with wide selection of vegan cheese, mock meats, sweet & savoury snacks, drinks, ice cream, toiletries.

The Goodies cafe is second to none (except perhaps the other Goodies cafe down the road...) particularly the cakes, where there are raw options available. Take out is available but beware it doesn't come in a box.

I found the service at the restaurant poor, although the food was good, and the shoe shop upstairs is ludicrously priced.

Veganz itself however = A*

Pros: Great selection of everything vegan, Handy for U and S bahn, Goodies cafe

Cons: Avesu shoe - €120 for trainers?

No words - Edit

Absolutely loved this place! A friend and I were in Berlin for 4 days and came here for breakfast every single time. Great vegan food, little on the pricey side but this was expected, and the adjacent supermarket was like actual heaven. Can't wait to come back!

Pros: great vibe, so many options, all vegan

Cons: little pricey

Oooh yes!! - Edit

After many trips to Berlin, we finally made it here before catching the train back to Dresden. We(my husband and I) were in heaven! So much goodness! We found Gardein, Tofurky, and Field Roast(best vegan sausages ever), things we haven't had since moving to Germany from Canada. They also had lots of samples. We were almost overwhelmed, there was so much stuff I wanted to buy. I was also happy to find proper kombucha, and not the Voelkel brand which is just a glorified organic soda(real kombucha has to always be kept in the fridge once bottled). One thing I was hoping that they had was Vega One smoothie powder, but I was so happy about all of the other finds that I left a happy camper. They also have a restaurant and a smoothie/juice bar attached, but we already had pigged out at three other vegan restaurants to the point where even all of the samples in the store were pushing it. Ok, now I'm rambling, but the point is check it out and bring a big bag to carry all of the stuff you'll end up buying. And if Veganz is reading this, a location in Dresden would be awesome, otherwise we have a good excuse to go to Berlin.

Pros: So much yumminess

I want to live here. - Edit

not in Berlin, but inside this store.
so much choice, amazing.
they had tasters of the whole vegan turkey tonight, I just don't get it, but it cheered me up.

Pros: choice galore

Große Auswahl für das Tägliche und Besondere - Edit

You can find everything you want for the daily life and for special needs like ICE cream or chocolate. The price from normal to pricey.
The variety of vegan cheese is the biggest i have eher seen.

Entirely vegan shop in vegan paradise - Edit

worth a visit ...
a bit expensive but if you're in Berlin and you're Vegan it's a bit expected ;)
Enjoy their cruelty free products

Worth a visit - Edit

Veganz supermarkets are a bit pricy indeed, but the products they offer are of very high quality. You can get everything you need there and there's a huge variety of vegan milk alternatives. Some of them are not even expensive, you should compare the prices, some are really affordable and not more expensive than in a regular health food store. The staff was friendly and I was amazed by the bistro/bakery they have.
By the way, if you buy shoes at the "avesu" vegan shoe store (just go upstairs and you'll be there), you will also get a free vegan capuccino.
A place you should drop by, even if your budget is rather low you'll find some things you can afford, because they have thousands of different products.

Pros: huge variety, all vegan, mostly organic

good vegan supermarket - Edit

vegan supermarket, very nice staff, great selection of vegan food, but a bit overpriced, which is to expect if something is signed as 'vegan' in Berlin

Awesome vegan store! - Edit

I went to Berlin this February for the first time in my life. This store will always be in my heart and hopefully I will comeback to Berlin for more! Lovely staff and lovely shopping. I am so happy for all these new experience. Love to all of you!!!

Good store - Edit

Nice little store full of all kinds of vegan food, pet food, cosmetics and more. Friendly service, prices are average for the area and the things they sell I guess, which means it's not useually cheap.

super! - Edit

I'd like to live in this store! coming from Ireland were we only have little sections in stores or health shops. This is like heaven! I loved the fact they have the vegan shoe store avesu and the bowl restaurant upstairs too! We got some great food to have a picnic for a trip the next day and loved it :) we also picked up snacks a few times and coffee and cookies from the goodies cafe attached.

Pros: all vegan!

Cons: none

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veganz - Berlin Friedrichshain closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.