Loving Hut - Vegansky Svet

Contact 775208729

Zborovska 814/19, Praha 5, Prague, Czech Republic, 150 00

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Opened late 2011, and as of Aug 2013, an official Loving Hut. Lunch buffet offered 11am-3pm. Child friendly, non-smoking. Has menu with food photos. Near Arbesovo Namesti or Svandovo Divadlo tram stops. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, International, Buffet, Fast food, Asian

First Review by ffflame

Mixed experiences - Edit

We ate here twice within a week and had two very different experiences. The first time, the food (spring rolls, noodles, seitan curry, pumpkin soup and chocolate cake) was delicious, and there were no problems with the service. On the contrary, the staff were chatty, friendly and efficient. On our second visit however, the server was distracted and bought the bill for our drinks when my husband said we wanted to order after waiting for 20 mins, and then had to come and clarify the order twice. The food (soup, noodles, spaghetti) was bland with the noodles not even having any seasoning, though luckily the spring rolls were once again great. I'm inclined to give this restaurant the benefit of the doubt, given how great it was the first time, and assume the second was just a bad day with a possible staff shortage or similar.

Pros: location, size and decor, lovely cakes

Cons: mains not always good, mixed service

Just bad. 0/5 - Edit

If I could give 0 stars, I would. This was the last restaurant we visited on our trip to Prague. The 5 other places we ate at were great so this one was a huge disappointment.
First of all our table was dirty and had spots all over it. We ordered each a starter and the waiter said that both were not available at this day, so we chose another one. The spring rolls that came were quiet OK to be fair but dripping in oil. Just as we had finished the first of three, our main dishes came. I had some white rice with vegetables, seitan and sauce. The sauce was by far the worst: it had big pieces of "goo" in it, probably from some kind of sauce thickener. As it comes to the rest of the dish: you had to search for some bites of seitan and the rice was dry.
My boyfriend had some noodles with vegetables and "duck". The noodles were just drowning in oil, thats why he couldnt finish the plate, even though he was hungry. and last but not least: there was a hair on his plate, that was definitely not his or mine.
The waiter also forgot about our drinks twice. I'm sorry but I can not recommend going there. We also had to pay more for the food than in other loving huts we visited.

Pros: none

Cons: Bad quality of food, hair on plate, dirty tables,

Good vegan fast food - Edit

More friendly informal store. Big servings and a big choice in meals, cheap. However, the equipment is simply suitable, the servings are big and perfectly for the big hunger.I had a gigantic serving of noodles with sea seaweed- fantastic taste.

Good variety of Asian dishes - Edit

At many Loving Hut franchises around the world, the focus on mock meats is so heavy that whole, unprocessed veggies can be neglected — but not so at this Vegansky Svet location. Here, fauxtein-oriented dishes still take top billing, but there are several dishes featuring broccoli, zucchini, bok choy, etc.

As other reviewers have noted, the lunch buffet is affordable but can be hit-and-miss with regard to flavor. Specifically, i found the noodles and appetizers to be the best, while the curries were the least enjoyable.

The atmosphere is pleasant and service was good.

I wish they offered brown rice as an alternative to white, but so far it seems a lot of Prague has yet to discover the benefits of brown rice.

Pros: Good variety, All vegan

Cons: No brown rice (only white)

Just ok - Edit

I went to this restaurant twice and it is just ok - barely. The first we we had the buffet and it was ok. Everything is pretty bland and kinda tastes the same but nothing was terrible. I figured if we ordered from the menu it would be better. We went back today and did just that. First the restaurant only had 3 tables of customers, including us, in the middle of lunch! We ordered from the menu. The dumplings, our starter, came out with one of the mains. That's ok, I have eaten many, many Asian restaurants to know that this is normal but then the second main didn't come for at least 20 minutes, well after the other meal was finished. I tried to find the waiter to see if it had been forgotten but he was nowhere about. The dumplings were inedible, undercooked, dry and chewy. Awful. The first main was plain noodles, no sauce, with fried spring rolls and some of the oldest salad I have seen. The salad was too old to eat but the rest of the dish was edible once soy and chilli sauce was added. The pho once it finally arrived was pretty good. The broth had good flavour. It was the best dish I have had there. However it is not as good as most pho at other restaurants when you can get a vegan one. There are no veggies, fresh herbs or sprouts as per normal, just noodles and soy meat. The service was ok. We were charged for plain water which I don't think is ok. It is free out of the tap after all. I don't plan to return to this or any other loving hut, I am tired of the mediocrity of their food, unless really desperate. So boring!

Pros: Non-smoking, All vegan

Cons: Boring bland food, Lack of vegetables

Good meal - great dessert - Edit

We were in on a Friday evening - no buffet. We had spring rolls and a stir fry.
And a great chocolate dessert. Wanted to go back the next day just for dessert but it didn't work into our schedule.
A little out of the way from the normal tourist spots but we were staying in that part of town so it was perfect.

Very nice ! - Edit

I enjoyed this place a lot.Very friendly waiter and "chief";I could feel they really love and care about what they do.
Also I was happy to see the rice-steamer on the buffet! And nice chinese clay tea-pot and teas for sale.Of course good food too!

my favourite - Edit

this is for sure my favourite among places of the chain "Loving Hut" - supreme master in Prague. The waitors have a personal attitude, the cooking is one of the best and very cheap. especially the lunch buffet. try their SUSHI!! yummy!!!

Pros: tasty, cheap, very quick

Cons: location

Great, not like most "Loving Huts" - Edit

I appreciate the "Loving Hut" places I have been to around the world and, if I am desperate, I do eat at them. I have to say that they are never my first pick. The food is often a little too pre-fab, a little too re-heated, and a little too much mock meat, that and the Supreme Master tv channel that always seems to be on in the background, bugs me enough to taint my eating experience.

I am happy to report, however, that although Vegansky Svet is "inspired by" the supreme master lady, it does not follow the same pattern as the other Loving Huts I've been to around the world. The menu is similar enough (although it includes things like deep-fried tofu balls served with french fries) but there was a subtle difference in quality of food and manner of the place that really made a difference. The food didn't taste pre-fab or just warmed up, it was fresh and good.

So, I definitely recommend this restaurant. There are lots of options on the menu, the fresh spring rolls are great as is the soup I had (a chili tofu one). The prices are good and the portions acceptable. The servers were super good, though didn't really speak english if that's a big issue for you. What can I say, it's a pretty darn good asian mock-meat restaurant.

Pros: Tasty, Fresh

Try the Hamburger! :-) - Edit

A very cosy and inexpensive restaurant with a nice interior and a wide range of yummy food! My boyfriend and I payed only about 15 € for an appetizer, two big principal meals, two pieces of cake and two drinks. The waiter was very friendly.

Pros: inexpensive and good food, nice staff, cosy

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Loving Hut - Vegansky Svet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5339 times since Jan 2012.