Vegano Hooligano

Contact 982940231

Besarabsky Market, Bessarabs'ka Square, Kyiv, Kiev, Ukraine,

Small take-out food counter and grocer inside Bessarabski Market. Offers a menu of wraps, sandwiches, burgers, salads, soups, and a couple desserts. Has English menu. Sells vegan and cruelty-free products. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by coverseas

Cheap'n'Tasty - Edit

Class of its own. Must go for the market and hipster atmosphere and delicious food. Hardcore vegans must be careful with passing endless aisles of meat to reach the back end of the market where the place is located.

Pros: Great atmosphere, Cheap prices, Delicious food

Cons: Paper cups and plates creats a lot of garbage, Just an eatery, not a restaurant

100% Vegan Fast Food - Edit

This is a great place to have a quick vegan food. I liked falafels and coffee best. These are really delicious things and well worth the money.

Pros: Location in the very center of Kyiv, Big portions, 100% vegan and pretty fast

Cons: Unfortunately, some other vendors inside the build

Good vegan take away! - Edit

Nice vegan take away! They don't have an english menu but the staff is very friendly and was happy to translate everything for me. Sometimes crowded. Nice location inside a market not too far away from the main street. Food tasted great, dishes were quite big and not too expensive.

Pros: location, price, taste

Minty Pea Soup - Edit

Someone else here mentioned an English menu, but there wasn't one available when I visited. The staff, however, were very friendly, and they assisted me with my order, even though they were really busy. The pea soup was minty and delicious. The falafel wrap was so good. I met several people in Kyiv who told me that this was their favorite restaurant, and I understand why now.

Pros: Fast and Delicious

Awesome Falafel Wraps! - Edit

This place is located in a market surrounded by fresh produce, and also meat. They have a small menu, but everything I tried was great. It's fast food, but pretty healthy. I have a red lentil soup, and a falafel wrap. I really enjoyed both. It's very affordable and is a great place to hang out and make new friends.

Pros: Great Falafel Wraps, Cool location, Inexpensive

Cons: Meat walking to get there

We need more places like this! - Edit

Wow wow wow! You wouldn't expect a vegan takeaway place to be in the middle of this market but I'm sure glad it is! Really good & healthy quickly served food, lovely staff and very cheap.

Pros: Value, Choice, Friendly staff

A vegan's must visit in Kiev - Edit

This small place located in a food market in Kiev is a must visit for vegans.

As of March 2016, they have an english menu, consisting of various plates, wraps and sandwiches. The employees speak good english as well. I guess the place is run by a group of young people, they are very friendly, everything is cheap as chips and the food is delicious.

Tasty, cheap! - Edit

My favorite veg place in Kyiv! New as of 2015. Inside the market, on the NW side.

As of August 2015 (things may change as it grows!):
- Limited menu: wraps and sandwiches -- falafel, tofu, potato -- with a soup or two.
- Very inexpensive -- each item, which is good-sized, is 22-25 hrivna.
- There is casual seating in the area outside the stand (which is in a covered market) -- some stools and benches.

I have had the tofu and falafel wraps. All is freshly made, and in general very tasty. The tofu (warmed, but not fried or otherwise cooked) is good, though perhaps could use a little bit of sprucing-up (a bit more sauce, or another sauce or spices). The falafel was truly excellent.

I should note, since I created the entry, that while there isn't (yet) an English menu, they are very willing to work with you to order and it will be no problem at all in English.

They also sell some grocery items in the shop, and their website indicates that they have a grocery delivery service. The place was fairly populated whenever I went, so I'm really hoping it continues to take off, as it is a great addition to Kyiv!

Pros: Tasty vegan, Cheap, Good vibe

Cons: Limited menu

Return to Kiev Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegano Hooligano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.