Veganka

Contact 05336095091

Tunus Cad. No: 49. Çankaya, Ankara, Turkey,

Opened Dec 2014, this is a vegan cafe serving Turkish and continental cuisine (salads, panini, sandwiches). Colorful space with a communal table in the center of the room. Sometimes hosts performances. Kitchen hours are 2-9pm; other times there's tea, coffee, cake. Reopened Sep 2016 following relocation from Kızılırmak Sokak 15/7. Open Tue-Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Middle Eastern, Turkish

First Review by Marilynka

Amazing - Edit

I was very excited when I found out about the vegan restaurant in Ankara. I go there quite often and have tried most of what is on the menu. The falafel is highly recommended! It's in a quite hidden spot of the city which makes it even more loveable - no noise from the main street which is actually only about 5 minutes away. The atmosphere is quite quirky and cosy and the staff really helpful.

Vegan in Ankara City - Edit

You can only imagine my surprise, when I heard about a vegan restaurant in Ankara, as a vegan I prepare my own food, but was curious to discover what Veganka had to offer. I was in for a real treat, been there twice and will visit twice per month as long as I am in town. The service is good, the ambience reasonably good. Please note use of word 'reasonably' because it would be great, if not for the cigarette smokers:( Anyway, the food is well-prepared and fresh, the nohut (chickpeas salad is divine), also the falafel is good and I love the small sauces that is presented with this.There is so much variety on the menu. The food is prepared daily,so while you wait, sip some home-made lemonade with a refreshing taste of mint. You also decide on what you want to pay,and by the way the price is not expensive, so drop a tip. By the way I must ask, if the produce are organic...

Updated from previous review on Tuesday September 01, 2015

Pros: You decide what to pay, very spacious, comfortable indoor seatings

Cons: cigarette smokers

Delicious and Cozy - Edit

The restaurant us in the red apartment building. There is a tiny sign on the outside door. Ring the bell for number 8. We were very excited to find a vegan restaurant in the city. In the land of lamb kebab and kofte it is a relief to eat without the smell of roasting meat! We brought our three children to Veganka and they adored the vegan burgers. The adults had a mushroom sandwich and lahmaun (a wrap which we have never had since it is always made with beef). Each entrée included a salad with pomegranate seeds. The lemon chocolate brownie and mosaic cake were perfect after our filling meal. We were pleasantly surprised by the flexible prices. It was a good feeling to know that Veganka is teaching that vegan food is not more expensive. What a wonderful experience with very friendly staff wanting to help and serve smiling! Please visit here!

Pros: good portions, delicious, fair pricing

Cons: limited seating, difficult to find

Great place - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised to see that there is a vegan place in Ankara! The prices are very affordable, the place is cozy and everything is vegan! What more can you ask for! :)
I will be visiting as often as I can.

Pros: everything is perfect

Return to Ankara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veganka closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.