Veganitessen

• Vegan
Contact 955323146

c/ Pastor y Landero, 0 S/N (at Mercado del Arenal), Sevilla, Spain, 41001

Little vegan bakery offering a large selection of sweet and savory baked goods plus veggie burgers for take-away. Sells organic and vegan products like vegan cheese and kebab.

Category: Vegan, Western, Take-out, Bakery, Spanish

First Review by Serval

Your vegan option in Seville! - Edit

Un espacio único en la ciudad. Veganismo, conciencia, salud, buena comida y mejor repostería, todo en uno. Y para colmo, una gran selección de cervezas artesanas. Gracias Anabel (y también a Rocío y a Soko).

P.D.: No se olviden del churrasco de seitán con mojo picón.

In Love with this place! - Edit

I'm deeply and madly in love with this place!! Not only is beautiful and authentic but delicious! The people is really nice and the food is very honest and tasty! They have a lot of options for lunch and amazing desserts.

I would definitely come back again!

Just amazing - Edit

First of all, if you have not gone to Sevilla, you have to go! It is such a beautiful city and the people are so warming and nice. I had done my research about Spain years ago and most of Spain was not Vegan Friendly at that time but this restaurant gave me the courage to plan a trip to Sevilla :)
Once I got there, I made the plan to go. First of all, don't ask the bus drivers because they don't know where Mercado Central is. At least the one I took. Second, if they tell you to get off on Plaza de Armas, don't do it, it is too far. Instead, get off at Plaza de Toros. I know is a cringing experience getting off there, but it is the closest stop.
Once you find the market, you will find her by one of the exits but unfortunately, she's so close to the fish that if you go and sit down to eat, you will be smelling fish the whole time :( I feel so bad about this inconvenience.
I went there a couple of times and she's such a life saver. Super nice and super helpful. She shared with me that she makes meals three times a week and the rest of the week, she only has pastries and desserts. I went on a Thursday and tried the adobo, the churrasco and the Andaluz burger (We were three people). The churrasco is a seitan steak with an amazing sauce that I speculate has some achiote in it. The adobo is a vegan version of an andaluz dish made with fish and she veganizes it with deep fried seitan. It was also very delicious and we took some back to the hotel to make sandwiches for dinner and it kept up well. My brother had the Andaluz burger and he said it was also delicious with very interesting flavors. I almost forgot to mention that the food was super delicious and CHEAP!! 5 Euros for a burger? Churrasco was like 3 Euros? Crazy!!! :)

She shared with me that although Sevilla is still not that Vegan Friendly, it is changing and from two years ago, people are more open to non-dairy milk. I went to several super markets and confirmed that they have a wide variety of plant based milks and plant based butters. Also, there are several restaurants, specially those near the hostels that have veg options even if they're not fully vegetarians.

I need to go back to Sevilla and I will definately will be going back to Veganitessen. By the way, I am bilingual (spanish is my frist language) therefore, I was able to have a full conversation with her. However, she does speak English and she has several signs in English as well.

Pros: Delicious Food, Excellent Service, Very affordable

Cons: Location

Worth the search! - Edit

This was not an obvious place to find, but very much worth seeking out. It's a small stall in a larger enclosed market. The owner made a delicious meal for us in the space of a walk-in closet. The pastries were gorgeous and delicious. She had cool t-shirts for sale of her place and with pro-animal messages. She was very kind and let me try some sizes in the bathroom around the corner. Great place! Can't wait to go back, in the meantime I'll rock my t-shirt!

Love this place - Edit

I stayed in Sevilla for a month last year and visited this bakery at least once a week, often more. It was about a 25 minute walk down the river from my apartment. This year I went back to Sevilla for just a few days but enough time to visit some of my favorite places and Veganitessen is one of them.

You really can't be vegan and enjoy desserts and not love this bakery. I'm pretty sure between last year and this year I sampled everything they have and all of it is fantastic.

great price, great deserts - Edit

If you're looking for sole delicious and cheap deserts, here is the place to go. In terms of main food, veganitessen seems to specialise in vegan food that replicates meat eater food, with a various range of fake meat and cheese based food. All in a great experience

Pros: great price, delicious deserts

Cons: not a huge fan of fake meat food

I want to live in Seville just for this place! - Edit

I can say only one thing: I would move to Seville just to have breakfast here everyday! The vegan pain au chocolate was so good! I loved it!

Pros: super delicious

Delish! - Edit

I can't stop day dreaming about the lemon mousse. How did they do that? The taste and the consistency are perfect.

The peach tart and the chocolate banana cake are delicious as well.

We also got 3 types of empanada to go. It was supposed to be lunch for tomorrow's road trip to Gibraltar, but we took one taste tonight and they all disappeared!

Do not miss out on this!

Pros: delicious, Very friendly & helpfull staff, Fast servous

Very good and girl very nice ! - Edit

Hy, I took a vegan moussaka and a coffee (expresso). Very good food served with smile. You can take away ou have a seat inside the market. Very quiet place to take fresh air while the sun outside is burning the whole city.

And you have choice. You can eat for 4euros. Enjoy and come back !

Pros: good food, welcoming, inexpensive

Delicious! - Edit

Hadn't had pastries of chocolate croissants since going vegan and they were really really good! Only 2 days in Seville but went both days and tried the Mediterranean sandwich, the nacho sandwich, the choc croissant, a choc twist pastry (don't know real name) and a choc bomba. Really enjoyed all of them! The woman working there is really lovely and tolerant of my lack if Spanish.

yummy vegan sweets and tapas - Edit

The minute we arrived in Seville we headed for Veganitessen and were not disappointed. We tried the papas alioli which was so yum and the burger and tortilla. We also got some take away sweets for the morning. The chocolate croissants are really good, I haven't had one since becoming vegan! Also the crumble was tasty! We visited again the following day and I had the pizza pastry which was my favourite and my partner had the Seitan kebab and loved it. A few healthier options would be good but this is a must visit for the vegan sweets alone when in Seville!

Pros: sweets, pizza pastry, great concept

Cons: unhealthy

good but very heavy and sweet - Edit

The desserts here were good...so good they tasted like non-vegan dessert. But I found them to be a bit too heavy (too much oil/vegan butter) and too sweet. They have a good selection of pies, cakes, and pastries. Based on the sign outside, they have tapas on Friday and Saturday. This bakery is located inside a market.

Travel's blessing - Edit

This place is outstanding. While traveling on a very modest budget it's not so easy to buy vegan food while you are out but I was more than happy investing in the cheese and cake I bought there. Tried both for the first time and was able to eat a classic pastry I hadn't had since I became vegan, which tasted better than I can remember. Pay attention to their working hours and what they serve at specific days but otherwise you should be fine. I only hope to visit again!

Pros: food quality , location , cheap prices

Awesome :) - Edit

We finally made it to Veganitessen today (we don't live in Seville, but have family here, and our trips are always hectic at best) - having tried and failed on a couple of previous trips.

The chocolate mousse and blueberry cheesecake were both excellent - and it was SO GREAT to be able to have a coffee with almond milk again, like being at home.

Add in the fact that the place not only looks great, but is in one of Seville's lovely old markets and you are on to a winner. It's hard to point to a veg/vegan 'highlight' when there aren't many around to choose from, but suffice to say we'll make a big effort to visit again next time we are in town.

Pros: Amazing Cakes, Friendly Staff, Inexpensive

My favorite place in Sevilla - Edit

I come here almost every Saturday for breakfast and a coffee. They always have a wide selection of pastries, along with hot lunch options. Everything here is vegan, and the woman who owns the place is really nice. I've never not liked anything I've tried here. If you're in Sevilla, definitely come here, you won't regret it!

Pros: Cheap, Amazing food, Good location

Cons: No cons!

Great cakes! - Edit

I was in Sevilla a couple of weeks ago and on Tuesday I decided to have breakfast at the Veganitessen. It is basically a kiosk in a closed market, therefore I bought two delicious-looking pastries (one with cream, and one with lemon) and went to the Guadalquivir to eat in the sunshine. The pastries were lovely!

The day after I decided to buy a number of pastries to bring at a dinner and I bought madaleines, chocolate croissants, again the cream and lemon pastries... I must admit that the chocolate croissant could have been better (the rest of the pastries were fabolous).

Finally, to me it is extremely satisfactory to be able to eat those pastries without having to worry about animal fats getting in the way of my vegetarianism/veganism. I love the place, and since I'm actually moving to Sevilla to work I think I'll be a regular at Veganitessen!

Update. I actually became a regular and now every Saturday I have lunch at Veganitessen. I simply love it. The soy milk 'batidos' (milkshakes) are amazing, the hot tapas are all very good (the seitan burger, the montadito the seitan, the seitan kebab, the soy albondgas, the rice with vegetables... all good!) and the cakes are unbelievable. If you see the 'milhojas' (millefoglie) go for it, it's the best you'll ever eat! :--)
Updated from previous review on Sunday April 06, 2014

Pros: Delicious pastry, Central location, Cheap

Let there be cake! - Edit

Wow! Definitely the best cake I've had in Europe. Large selection of gateaux,pastries and doughnuts. I had a slice of a cake called San Marco...just perfect! Tapas was very tasty. Very pleased to find. Loved Seville and looking forward to returning to the city and this cafe!

Pros: Fabulous cakes, Yummy everything, Very pleasant service

Highlight of the trip! - Edit

This place is heaven, plain and simple. Everything was divine. From chocolate covered croissants - which taste deliciously buttery! - to seitan skewers served with sautéed potatoes, chilli sauce and breAd. Incredible value, too.

Pros: Incredible range of pastries/cakes, Savoury options/meals available, Great value

Favourite place to eat in Seville! - Edit

I love this little place for lunch and snack! Big and perfect dishes. Seitan, kebab, burguers, salads, pies, cakes, milkshakes, pastries... and tipical food from Seville. Everything is homemade, delicious and cheap!

--------------------

Me encanta este pequeñito espacio para comer o tomar algo dulce! Los platos que sirve son abundantes y exquisitos. Seitán, kebab, pinchitos, empanadas, hamburguesas, ensaladas, batidos caseros, tartas y bollería deliciosa de todas las clases tanto rellenas como cubiertas. Todo está hecho por la chica que lo lleva, todo está delicioso y sus precios son de lo más ajustados. GENIAAAAL!

Pros: Cheap, Yummy, Perfect desserts

My favorite vegan place - Edit

Veganitessen is a site where you can find almost all things you can imagine... they have many varieties of delicious sweets (cakes, cupcakes, etc.), tea, coffee, juice... is perfect for breakfast or buy some lunch.
They also have many vegan products such as cheese, sausages, burgers, sausages, cream ... a must go if you are in Seville.
_________________________________

Veganitessen es un sitio donde puedes encontrar prácticamente de todo: tienen selección de salados, mucha variedad de deliciosos dulces (tartas, cupcakes, etc.), tés, café, zumos... es perfecto para desayunar o comprar algo para almorzar.
Además tienen muchos productos veganos como quesos, embutidos, hamburguesas, salchichas, nata... imprescindible ir si estás en Sevilla. Además es un proyecto autogestionado.

Pros: Tasty food, Price

Delicious desserts and great value for money - Edit

We went to Sevilla for two days and It was a pleasure to find a vegan place where eat tasty food. Sevilla, and in general all Andalucia, is not an easy land for vegetarians due to the abuse of meat and fish. We liked the kiwi and chocolate cake, and we could also taste good "tapas" (small portions as "flamenquines" or "sobrasada") of spanish food on vegan version. Maybe, too much texturized soya but all tasted really good. Great value for money. The owner is a friendly girl that prepared daily the food.

Pros: Value for money, The only vegan option, Good food

Excellent - Edit

A extraordinary place for vegans in Seville, they have all sorts of cakes, cookies and other sweets.

Sometimes the stock may be limited. If you are going to visit the place, check their site and make a order to ensure you'll find what you are looking for!

Pros: Taste, Staff, Value

Cons: Located in a market (fish smell)

Very good bakery! - Edit

the bakery opened after holiday the day I was in Seville, so they didn't have a lot of choice, but i ate a delicious brioche and a very good strawberry cake. The owner was really nice and she gave us good advice for a new place in Sevilla to eat vegan tapas!

Pros: very good breakfast, nice staff

Wasn't impressed! - Edit

I didn't realise it was in a market (my fault), so spent ages trying to find it, and what a disappointment when we got there. We looked at the website and saw loads of lovely goodies, but there was hardly anything when we got there. A few sad looking cakes, and very little savoury. From the website we'd been led to believe there was a huge choice. We bought a pastry savoury, which was actually ok, just because we'd come all that way, and felt we should buy something. Don't bother, unless you just want sweet.

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Inside a market, Not much choice

Delicious, wide variety of vegan sweets! - Edit

We went to Seville, Spain in May 2013 and visited Veganitessen TWO times in the short time we were there, loading up on sweets to go. This really cute bakery has a ton to choose from - chocolate croissants, chocolate covered, cream-filled donuts (!!), cakes (vanilla raisin, chocolate panache, etc. etc. etc.), cookies, cinnamon-roll treats, and savory treats as well - the pistole empanada is to die for. They had such a selection we decided to take quite a bit to go. We enjoyed empanada pistole and pizza at the Alcazar later, and croissants for breakfast. This is a must-go stop and really accessible from most touristy parts of the city.

Pros: Wide selection of vegan treats, Delicious

Cons: No outside seating

Excellent bakery, and good meals too - Edit

Veganitessen is a very welcome (and long-overdue) addition to Sevilla's bare-bones veg*n scene. The pastries, cakes, and other baked goods are excellent and even the carnivores traveling with me loved them.

I had the veggie burger too, which was served with a side of roasted red peppers with olive oil in little boats of endive — a great touch.

I wish i were staying in town long enough to try everything else on the menu (and in the dessert case!).

Pros: Exquisite baked good & sweets, All vegan, Reasonable prices

Cons: Limited selection of hot meals

Yummy lunch - Edit

I ate lunch there Feb. 5, 2013: vegetable pizza, then a sweet cake for dessert and excellent loose leaf tea. The café is inside the market building in the centre aisle. Nearby, also in the market, is a bike rental business called "See by Bike."

Pros: Friendly staffperson, Inexpensive, Awesome if you like cakes and desserts

Sweet, vegan, nice and delightful! - Edit

The small bakery it's a place with a great range of different vegan product that have a really good price. Furthermore, you can eat there or take away all the things!

Pros: really nice people working there, high quality of all the product, you can buy some product by their intern

Cons: far of my home...

Finally, a true vegan place in Seville - Edit

After my self-imposed exile of 10 years, I returned to the city I was born in to find that it is not all shouting, pollution and vehicle horns.
By chance, I found an ad about this place and I could not believe my eyes. Neither could I believe my palate when I tasted this stuff! I don't really have a sweet tooth but oh my, oh my, it's hard to resist the vegan temptation Veganitessen has unleashed. Professional bakery made by grassroots activists that will put your pocket in danger! Not because the products here are particularly expensive, but because you won't want to stop!
I dare you to give one of these to a non-vegan humanoid and catch hir/hem finding any difference between them and the non-cruelty free options that sadly populate our so-called civilized towns and cities.
They also have a few gluten free options (you can order in advance if you are particularly interested and want all the gluten free range).
And I heard that they will have a range of BIO and sugar free products from January! Yuuuumy.

Oh, and they delivery to ALL the country!

Pros: Vegan!, Yummy, Cool

Cons: Sweets are not so healthy =P, Not Bio (yet!), Only opens until 15.30 (except thu)

A Sevillian Sweetie! - Edit

Clutching our print-out from Happy Cow we trekked across Seville in 35 degrees of heat to find this little beauty, tucked away inside a market. It was totally worth the effort!! We were amazed by the choice of cakes and breakfast goodies. The first day we chose napolitans (like pain chocolats)and donuts with pink icing. Everything was gorgeous so we went back the second day for the dame again PLUS chocolate donuts. Wow, wow, wow! And wow! Everything is freshly made and really good quality and there is a great choice. They do a range of really good looking large cakes and slices as well as the smaller items we had. There is also a fridge stocked with mayo, cheese and other vegan essentials. If we lived in Seville we would be here every week. Thank you Veganitessen for making our trip truly scrumptious xxx

Pros: Great taste, Excellent quality, Really good choice.

A must eat - Edit

This is a must eat for any vegan foodie. The owner is wonderful and the Neapolitans are to die for. Her cakes are good but the pastries are wonderful.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday February 21, 2012

Pros: pastries , Neapolitans

Cons: Cakes are ok but still the best in town

Amazing!!! - Edit

This is an amazing bakery, both taste great and the presentation of cakes, cookies and muffins. If you're going to Sevilla you can not miss it. Being vegan is a pleasure with places like this.

Pros: taste, prize, variety

Cons: far of my home

Partial disappointment - Edit

My expectations were certainly too high. A vegan bakery in Sevilla with such positive reviews and mouth-watering pictures on their website!

Unfortunately, my experience was quite different from many other reviewers here.

My fist impression: Its a very small booth in a market hall which has a horrible fish stench. My partner and I were both suprised that anyone would choose such a place for a vegan bakery - at best you could call this courageous.

There were only two cakes and two types of pastries when we arrived there in the morning (at opening hour). We bought some pastries and left. They were good, I actually liked the chocolate filled pastry very much.

So we returned in the afternoon for cake and tea. By that time there were a few more options available. I chose the chocoloate truffle cake. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the fact that it looked several days old. It certainly tasted like several days old.

I would go there again but would make sure I get fresh cake.

Pros: yummy pastries, very nice owner, all vegan

Cons: cake tasted like several days old

A vegan haven in a meaty country!!! - Edit

The girl that runs this place is adorable!! I love that she's a sassy little vegan in this impossible-to-be-vegan town! She doesn't speak English but it's not a problem! We got the pisto empanada and it was quite tasty!!!! She's got a frige full of vegan cheeses and such and it's decorated so cute! I love that the logo is a cupcake with cross spoons :) she even supplied my bf and I with some rad vegan stickers...so nice!!! You must go here

Place with average sweet food - Edit

Quiet (while we were there) cafe in an indoor food market. Had mainly sweet foods, with two vegan quiches to choose from. All food looked like it had been around for a couple of days, or more. All food we tried (the quiches and some sweet food) was kind of heavy on the stomach. I lot of it was like the deserts we tried were like the home cooked meals the we all try but they didn't turn out quite right. Some of it was real good though. We got by with the language barrier, the woman did not know much English but was very friendly. No coffee available.

Pros: Lots of sweets to choose from

Cons: No coffee, Food was a bit stale

Kick-butt delicacies - Edit

A wonderful initiative in bullfight-loving Seville. I was amazed to hear that the girl at the counter runs this business all by herself.
As for the products, we had a variety of cakes and pastries with everything from berries to green tea. It was all delicious and worth the money.

Sweet treats - Edit

Tucked away in a quiet arcade. Tasty cakes washed down with Yogi tea- bit disappointed there were no cheesecakes which I had read about.

Pros: vegan cakes, variety of teas

Cons: limited opening hours, tucked away

Great cakes! - Edit

Great looking and tasting cakes served form an imaginative and pretty cool little deli. The girl who owns and runs it is very friendly and helpful and obviously quite talented in the baking department! Enjoyed a gorgeous cup of Rooibosh tea and a slice of cake - highly recommended! A nice change of style from the usual cliched veggie/vegan style of places.

DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE WHILE IN SEVILLE! - Edit

Veganitessen is paradise for vegans in Seville. It's in a covered marketplace easy walking distance from the tourist center of town. Happy Cow could list this as a restaurant: two cute pink tables, each with seating for 3, are in front, and in front of nearby stands (thankfully selling veggies, fruit, and wine - no meat smells in this aisle!) there are more tables. We went here twice for "brunch" (at around 11am - the Spanish eat lunch at around 1:30-2) and the marketplace was quiet and nearly empty. Anyway, Veganitessen's fresh-baked goods are FANTASTIC. But note! They are closed on Mondays; on Tuesdays they apparently ONLY have sweet goods (we had a blueberry tart, a gigantic cream puff and a dulce de leche cookie). On Wednesdays they have savory baked goods too (we had a vegan quiche and some sort of vegetable cake, which was better than I can describe it). Affordable place with friendly service, freshly squeezed juices and an assortment of teas. If you're vegan, you MUST visit this place.

Pros: Delicious, creative pastries, Very affordable, Good for an early lunch

Cons: Not open for dinner, Wish there was even more food!, Building a little hard to find

Amazing Place!!! - Edit

I can't believe a VEGAN bakery exists in Seville, but I was glad it does! The pastries were all amazing (between my husband and my friend I was traveling with, we tried about 6 different kinds, and all were great). Seriously, these were among the very best vegan pastries I have ever eaten in the 12 years I've been vegan. This isn't strictly a take out place. There are a couple of tables right in front of it. We had a very nice lunch there, consisting of vegan quiche and pastries, hot tea and fresh orange juice. We were so impressed, we went back again the following day! This place is not to be missed for any vegans visiting Seville!

Pros: amazing vegan pastries!

Cons: only 2 tables

Great - Edit

I sought out this place after a week with no sweets and I was not disappointed. I had a small tarta de trigo and some rooibos tea and took home a giant cookie of dulce de leche and something that was kind of like a cream puff (I don't know the name in Spanish or English). The woman who was working packed up my treats for me so I did not miss even a smidge of frosting and she was also very helpful and told me about other veg and vegan restaurants in town.

Pros: Tasty, Friendly, Big Portions

Cons: A bit far from my house

wild cakes - Edit

First of all this is not exactly a health food store. It's a small deli ( they mainly sell fresh cakes and pastries, but also juices, soy and rice drinks and savoury cakes) located in a not very attractive market, but the greatness of this food will make you forget the other shops around it. Cakes here are wild, they tempt you with their silent and vegan opulence. Anyone who tastes these pieces of paradise can easily understand how animal products are actually useless to create original and imaginative cakes. Because these cakes think that milk, eggs ad honey are unwanted guest. ( Not 5 stars for me because here food is not totally organic).

Return to Sevilla Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veganitessen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9944 times since Jul 2009.