Veganista Ice Cream I

• Veg Shop Veg Shop
  • Vegan
Contact 19610845

Neustiftgasse 23 (at Wien 7), Vienna, Austria, 1070

The 1st of 3 vegan ice cream parlor in Vienna, established by two sisters; this one opened in 2013. Offers a variety of flavors such as cookies, basil, orange-safran, and raspberry soyghurt. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-7:00pm, Fri-Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

First Review by JasminV

They handle money and then directly touch food - Edit

I went quite a ways to go find this place- stood in quite a long line. I started to observe the 2 girls scooping ice-cream, then ring up the customers, take their money, give change and then handle the next customer's cone or cookies- directly touching it... without washing their hands. I watched this over and over. When I got to the front, I just couldn't order it. I was pretty disgusted. People who handle food, have a responsibility to keep things sanitary so we don't get sick! I hope the owners correct this problem.

Pros: cool looking flavors

Cons: they don't wash their hands between money & order, no english offered

try them all!! - Edit

I went to Veganista on a rainy day, so i was the only customer in the shop, but unfortunately the staff kept on talking to each other while serving me instead of focusing on me (they sure have a lot of time to talk on a rainy day, so why not just wait until the customer has left..), which seemed a bit rude.
The ice cream was excellent and they offer rare combinations of flavors. Had strawberry and peanut butter and PB was THE best ice cream i have ever eaten, it's as simple as that.
Would have loved if there had been some small tables in addition to the chairs. they seemed a bit 'lonely' standing at the wall

Pros: THE ICE CREAM

Cons: staff

Still the best - Edit

Unusal types of ice cream, with a very original & fresh taste. Never had better ice cream in my life. Their employees are all so nice too! I like this location of Veganista because it has outdoor seating.

Best Vegan Ice Cream - Edit

Wow, best ice cream ever that happens to be vegan. Coming from LA I'm used to very good plant-based ice cream. The ice cream that I tried in Veganista, however, was simply outstanding and it went to the top spot of my list because it is not as sweet as the sugary (regardless of whether it is coconut, beet or brown sugar, or agave) loaded vegan ice cream that is available in the U.S. The flavors were also very original.

Ice cream dream become true - Edit

This is honestly the most amazing ice cream ever. They have varying flavours and often come up with creative new kinds. It is surely more expensive than most other ice cream parlours, but you'll certainly get your money's worth - the scoops are huge! Seriously, go there, no excuses allowed!

Pros: Creative flavours, Huge scoops, Simply delicious

Cons: A bit expensive

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! - Edit

OMG!!!! Best icecream ever!!! Do you remember that artisan gelatto taste? You'll get it!
We came here and to the Margaretenstrasse branch, both had different flavors, all of them amazing. It's really really great, and there are flavors to the taste of everyone.
This branch as few outdoors seatings to enjoy your icecream.
Really, I still dream about this icecream. I want franchises of Veganista all around the world!

Pros: Incredible taste, Good prices, Lots of flavors

Cons: Nothing!!!!

You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream! - Edit

The first thing that you encounter is a small ice cream parlor with a line of people waiting. Vegans, non vegans, everyone wants their share. And for a good reason. This is the best ice cream you will try in Vienna, if not in Europe. The portions are huge, the price is not high, the staff is friendly and patient, and the ice cream kicks ass! Cookies and cream ice is the one you want to try. Very interesting choice of tastes as well such as Tonka beans. Only con is the size of the place and a slight line you will find there. One of the must go places in Vienna, would recommend it to everyone.

Pros: Portion, Variety of tastes, Price

Cons: Sometimes some flavours sold out, Waiting in line is possible

Supreme ice cream - Edit

Really great place- the girl behind the counter was nice, knew English very well and was generous with the scoops. About 12 tastes to choose from, didn't try them all but I guess they're all good. Paid around 7.5 Euros for 2 people (2 scoops each) which I think is a fair price.

Pros: Tasty, good variety, not very expensive

Cons: There's always a queue (but I guess that's also a

Perfect! - Edit

Veganista offers very tasty sorts of vegan ice cream like "carrot cake"(with a gentle smell of orange), "cookie" or "black forest"(Vanilla, Chocolate and Cherry). They were perfectly creamy and didn't taste healthy at all - as unfortunately other vegan icecream sometimes does...

Pros: great taste

Cons: one portion is too big to try a 2nd

Best vegan icecream - Edit

EXCELLENT! Never had vegan ice cream tasty like yours :) So many to choose from and all just great. Creamy texture and real taste.

When I've seen such queue in front your shop, it was just clear, it will be something great. And it definitely was :)

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veganista Ice Cream I closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.