Vegangster

Contact n/a

Waldemarstrasse 12, Rostock, Germany, 18057

Open Feb 2014, a vegan cafe offering food like burgers, voner, langos, pakora, and soup. For dessert the kitchen makes cakes and cookies. Tue-Fri 11:30am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 2:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, International, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by bhukit-tima

Vegangster - Edit

Nice little shop with indoor and outdoor seating. Had the cheeseburger and fries, it was excellent. I couldn't finish the burger and they wrap it up for you to go. I hope to go back again someday.

Pros: Friendly staff, Affordable

Cons: Not enough seating space

Delicious - Edit

Nice little fast-food joint. We had a cheeseburger and fries and some "fleischsalat" (salad with strips of bologna-type sausage, gherkins and mayonnaise dressing). The Burger was delicious and the fries and Fleischsalat were awesome.

Pros: Delicious fries

slow/rude staff - Edit

Unfortunately I can't recommend this place. When I was there we had to order something to go because it was pretty crowded and there was no free table. Little did we know that we had to wait 40mins(!!!) for our food and when we finally received it there was a free table so we sat down. We were halfway trough our meal (it was ok, nothing special) when the cashier "told us" ( he was more screaming though the room) that we can't order to go and then eat at the table! He was super rude and angry with us although it was their fault that we ordered to go in the first place! But anyway: Now you will safe a lot of waste cause we will never eat at your place again

Small, serious vegan mini restaurant - Edit

Small, serious vegan mini restaurant -- they do want to free animals and it is not a yuppie joint at all.

Two tables. Animal rights magazines. Burgers, soups, lemonades.

In an alternative part of town; can be reached by tram.

Garlic free food available.

Pros: serious about veganism, good burgers, freshly prepared, garlic free food available

Cons: small -- its full with ca. 8 persons

Great for a quick bite - Edit

We woke up late as we usually do while on vacation so we went here to have Friday brunch. There was a sudanese week menu with two dishes, a peanut tomato soup, and vegetables with peanut sauce in a flat bread, and I ordered both, not being sure of the sizes. The soup was definitely the winner of the two, one of the best soups I've had. The whole peanuts in the soup retained their wonderful roasted flavour, and the tofu feta on top was amazing. The one problem is that I was getting full before starting the sandwich. The sandwich was good, but it wasn't as spiced as the soup. It was filled with sweet potato and other root vegetables, which were delicious, but a bit heavy for a sandwich. Luckily my husband was there to help out so that nothing went to waste. He had the Voner with the tofu feta, which was also very tasty. The person next to us had the dipping potatoes, and they looked really good too. They're wide cut french fries that looked really golden and crispy. The seating is limited, as it's a quasi take-out counter, so you might have to share your table. The price to serving ratio is also really good. I found the woman serving us to be friendly.

Pros: very affordable, fast service, large servings

Cons: limited seating

Plastic Cake - Edit

I tried the cherry cake and at first I thought I was eating a piece of plastic cooked into the cake but then I realized that it was part of the base of the cake. Am I missing something here or did this remind me of eating play doh when I was a child? Not inclined to go back and try anything else as the guy who served me looked like he couldn't give a shit and the slice of plastic cake was tiny. At least that was a blessing. :)
Updated from previous review on Saturday December 06, 2014

Pros: It's Vegan, It was the only thing open

Cons: Cake tasted like plastic, Staff not very friendly, Hours on facebook are incorrect

Good food but ... - Edit

Out of dish of the day. Out of potatoes, had to change initial order. Then they realized they were out of avocados so I had to swap ingredients in my burger and cancel the second side I tried getting. Burger with the yogurt sauce was really good though. I assume they ran out of everything due to it being Hanse Sail weekend, the city's biggest event of the year.

4 stars for the taste and giving the benefit of the doubt for lack of ingredients due to the festival (this was the Sunday after)
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 10, 2014

Pros: Food is excellent, Quiet location

Cons: Many ingredients/items unavailable, Not in city center, Small menu

vegan fast food in Rostock - Edit

Now also Rostock has its small vegan fast food cafe. Some burgers, fries and daily specials on the menu. Also some sweets bits and cakes.
Very limited seating capacity.
Located in an interesting suburban area but no central location.
Friendly service, food was nice.

Return to Rostock Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegangster closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2688 times since Jan 2014.