Veganbar

Contact 01523-4100414

Admiral Str. 97, Bremen, Germany, 28215

Previously a vegan food trailer at Plantage 9 e.v. and became a shop in 2014. Offers organic vegan food and drinks. Specialties are seitan products and falafel. Mon-Thu 12:00pm-8:00pm, Fri 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sat 1:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Fast food, Take-out, German

First Review by Tomothy

love their whöner! - Edit

the soups are always tasty but you have to try the whöner - looks like döner, tastes much better! they also have a wide range of drinks, lemonaid always is a good idea. always fresh and they even have desserts!

Pros: they try their best to satisfy every guest, you can sit outside

Cons: the restaurant could be prettier on the inside

An enjoyable little place! - Edit

This was the first vegan restaurant I visited in Bremen and I enjoyed it very much. It is just a small restaurant, but it's really nice and the owner is very friendly and explained the menu to me. There were also some non-vegans there who were quite confused and he took the time and explained everything in a very friendly and patient way.
The menu is somewhat limited, the hot dishes are vegan döner, falafel and a soup of the day. There are more things like potato salad, chips etc., and for the main dishes you can decide between different options, e.g. falafel with salad, falafel in a pita bread etc.
The soup was a potato and kidney bean soup and it was really delicious. The falafel was also very good and fresh, and accompanied by a fantastic, hand made sauce.
There are also many organic drinks.
The prices are very good as well, my bill for the falafel pita, the soup and a drink came to 11€, which is rather cheap.

The location is ok, it's about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the central station. Service is really quick, so I really recommend it if you arrive on the train and want some nice vegan food very quickly :-)

Pros: Very friendly service, Great food, Low prices

Now on campus! - Edit

I didn't believe my eyes when I saw Veganbar at the campus of Bremen University. The friendly owner told me that they are going to be there every Tuesday and Thursday from now -- which is absolutely great, given the restricted vegan choice of the University's cafeterias. I've been to Veganbar twice before, at weekend fairs. My Whöner with its sauces was delicious, and was crowned by one of the yummy home-made brownies. At one of the fairs, where there was a big run on Veganbar, they offered an additional soup and issued tickets to separate payment from serving the food. I'm amazed by how they fit their product range and staff into that small trailer!

Pros: Yummy food, friendly staff, present at green/ethical fairs, unbeatable ratio food range:sales space

Delicious - Edit

Whenever I go to the flea market at the Bürgerweide I eat at the Veganbar. I'm more into the falafel, but the "Whöner" has really delicious sauces. Although 5 Euros (for one with bread, without it's 4 Euros) are not quite cheap for a little snack, in comparison to similar products with meat it's not expensive.
I'm always happy seeing non-vegetarians trying it.

Pros: Tasty alternative, Convincing non-vegetarian people, Friendly stuff

Cons: Just two dishes to choose from

very nice - Edit

Very friendly service, delicious falafel and vegan Döner. Simple menu but good quality. I really enjoyed the relaxed and casual atmosphere.
Thank you, that was just what I needed. I will be back! :)

Pros: service, freshness, taste

Delicious Food but.... - Edit

I don't want to add all those things my previous speakers already did. Just the most important topics:
The food is really delicious (had the "whöner" which is made from seitan)! But in my view the Price was to much; paid 4,9€ for it. But it's up to everyone's own....
The point which i really have to criticize is that the friendly young woman or the veganbar in general, i don't know, doesn't pay attention to the hygiene aspect! A man came to it before me and as she accepted the money, she didn't wash her hands or took any gloves when she prepared my meal! And that's the reason why at least one star is missing in my rating.

Pros: Delicious

Cons: Expensive, Only two meals, Could be more tidied up

very good meat free döner - Edit

i used to love döner a few years ago. but since i live vegan, i'm not really missing döner. i've already tried other vegan kebab (döner of döner-man in munich), but the kebab from the veganbar is the best! the seitan tastes so good and the sauces are very good. love it!

the dönerman also have some sweets (dunno how to say in english but its with nuts and a triangle :))

Pros: taste so good, not expensive, good portions

real vegan Döner Kebab carved from the skewer! - Edit

a nice market stall (at various organic- markets) which no longer does Bratwurst or Currywurst,(the website is outdated) having decided to concentrate on the very good traditional meat-free Döner Kebab and a vegan dish of the day. The kebab can be seen for miles - on an enormous skewer from which it is carved - just like in a Döner Kebab eaterie - and is served traditionally in Pita bread with great sauces.
Really nice food.

Pros: great Döner, very friendly, vegan dish of the day

Cons: different locations (see website)

nice but has cows milk - Edit

this caravan kiosk is run by a super friendly vegan man. the food prep is clean and totally vegan. however, they make coffee and offer unhappy cow milk for the suckers who request it. we had a long talk about this and the fact that the shop is called veganbar which left me unconvinced. the food is ALL vegan and the vegan sauces and seitan faux meat are great if you like that kinda stuff.

if you want something more healthy they will happily give you a salad plate, not currently on the menu.

organic drinks sold in bottles. as with almost all my german coffee drinking experiences, the soy latte is average

but all in all this place is fantastic and usually surrounded by kids and families and always nice vibes. definately the best place to eat in bremen imho

Pros: super friendly, great atmosphere, yummy food

Cons: only open 2 days, has cow milk, coffee not very good

Return to Bremen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veganbar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3808 times since Mar 2010.