First Review by HaniAhimsa

Love the Vegan Van! - Edit

There is no doubt about it, this is culinary heaven on wheels. The Vegan Van has a standing date on Wednesday afternoon outside of Nooch, which is where I go to get my weekly fix of Rocky Steady with buffalo tofu or tempeh. I can't get enough of it. The salad is a perfect mix of greens tossed with coconut "bacon" and a delicious dressing - usually with some sunflower seeds throw in. Some days I'll pick up an extra to have at home for the next day - that's how amazing it is!

Amie is a super-cool lady and is always sweet and friendly, and she's an absolute master at vegan food truck cuisine.

My limited menu tasting is due partially to the fact that I'm totally hooked on the salad, but also because I'm gluten-free. My only wish is that there was a larger selection of items I could sample, but hey, she caters to a great community, so I'm not really complaining. My biggest issue is really that she often has such yummy-looking seitan offerings, and I'm deeply jealous I can no longer indulge in such amazingness.

Visiting her at Nooch is also a plus because you can place your order and then wander in to shop at the all vegan market for a beverage or snack to go with your lunch!

Pros: Amazing food, Fantastic chef, Did I mention AMAZING food?

Cons: limited gluten-free, limited hours

Vegan Van is the best. - Edit

Amie is amazing. You should ear her food!

Get the Ludacris (Vegan Chicken and waffles) and then you'll have yet another reason to tell people that you DO NOT miss meat, dairy or eggs... Thanks Vegan Van!

Pros: Delicious Foods, All Vegan, Vegan Owned

Cons: I want to eat there everyday. , Lack of cons. , Not enough things to put in the cons.

Excellent! - Edit

Vegan Van has entered the greats in the Denver vegan scene, up there with City O City and Watercourse, the difference is, it's even better!

The menu is always changing, some days you have things like meatball sandwiches, other days you have seitan and waffles, but you can rest assured, it's going to be amazing. Even the deserts like peanut butter cups and rice crispy treats are amazing. And every bit of it is vegan! No guess work here.

You do need to follow the Vegan Van on Facebook or Twitter to know where it's going to be on any given day, and it's not always open, but when it is, it's worth finding. I recently had the tofu buffalo wings, which were to die for. There's often times a reuben which can't be beat as well.

Pretty much, I can't recommend this place enough, it is simply the best vegan food Denver has to offer, and that's really saying something.

Pros: Great food, Good prices, rotating menu

Cons: moves around, wait times

YUM! - Edit

Really, my title says it all. Owner Amie is a master in the kitchen--er, van. She is very innovative, and open to suggestions and ideas. I love that! This past weekend at the Vegan Neat Market she had beer waffles among her offerings. Who else does that? Unfortunately, they sold out just before our turn, but the corned beef style sammich crammed with curry kraut that I had instead was absolutely delicious.

For Valentine's Day we picked up a sampling of her nut butter cups and my kids were crazy about them. I've never been even just a bit disappointed with anything I've bought from Vegan Van. Great food, great service, and it's mobile! What more could you ask for?

If you use Facebook, be sure to add Vegan Van. She always updates her location and lists her menu items for that day.

Pros: Amazing food, good value, Mobile!

Return to Denver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Van - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4433 times since Jan 2012.