Vegan Treats Bakery

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan
Contact 610-861-7660

1444 Linden St, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA, 18018

All vegan bakery. Offers different types of French pastries daily as well as sticky buns, cinnamon buns, doughnuts, brownies, cupcakes, and other vegan baked goods. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm. Closed Sunday

First Review by nivek41

vegan but not wholesome - Edit

It's a cute place with lots of choice also if you are gluten free. But it's definitely not wholesome. The cheesecake I had was super sweet - half the sugar would have been plenty.
They use soy milk instead of regular milk. More variation would have been nice such as coconut milk and more raw ingredients such as fresh fruit.

Pros: vegan, cute hang out

Cons: too much sugar, little variation , not a healthy alternative to a regular bakery

Amazing cakes and other desserts - Edit

Never disappointed. Tons of cake options (even gluten free) and the ever-changing soft serve is to die for. Always offers special treats like donuts, cannoli, or "butterfingers"! I typically purchase 5 or 6 cakes and freeze them...they freeze well!

Pros: everything. , delicious, beautifully decorated cakes, soft serve!

Cons: none!

Treat yourself to Delicious Vegan Treats - Edit

Best baked goods I have ever eaten, and vegan, too! Cookies, cakes, pies, tarts - if it's a baked treat, Vegan Treats has it covered in mouth watering style. Had heard about how good they are, & got to try them at 2015 New England VegFest in Worcester, Mass. Samples were awesome & I eventually bought a bit of everything just because. The mini-cakes freeze & thaw well, too.
This year, planning to visit their actual bake shop in Penn.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday February 02, 2016

Pros: 100% vegan bake shop, Variety, Some gluten free

Cons: Distance, Pricey

You cannot imagine - Edit

the yum factor!! Seriously, everything is to die for! We went after the Bethlehem Veg Fest and the line was around the block. Not too pricey either, which was surprising given how awesome the treats were. We each walked out with boxes of goods. Totally worth it!!

don't miss it! - Edit

While I was visiting my dad on the east coast, I absolutely HAD to drive 1 1/2 hours from where he lives to Vegan Treats! Best bakery I've ever been to in my life. Everything looks delish and a few cakes were decorated for Halloween, so cute. We chose the German chocolate cheesecake, peanut butter chocolate tandy cake, a red velvet cupcake, and a triple chocolate cake with cheesecake filling! Even tho it was very chilly today I got the the chocolate and salted caramel ice cream twist. My dad, step mom, husband and I all agreed, it was the best ice cream we've ever had. I only wish they had a few more choices for clothing, all options looked like they were for the fellas, I wanted something a little more girly!

It's OK - Edit

For the longest time I dreamed about visiting this bakery since I follow them online and where I live there is nothing like it. I got the opportunity to visit the bakery this year and I was really disappointed with the flavors. There is a huge selection of cupcakes, doughnuts and cannolis, however the flavors are not consistent. I tried the vanilla, chocolate/peanut butter, and carrot cakes. The decor is beautiful. The cakes look almost too beautiful to eat. However, the flavor is just blah. The carrot was probably my favorite because it tasted like something.

I tried the Boston Cream and coconut cream doughnuts. The pastry cream in the Boston Cream doughnut tasted like whipped tofu with vanilla extract and lots of sugar and the actual doughnut was tough and chewy instead of soft and pillowy. The coconut cream tasted artificial and just nasty.

The cream in the cannoli was TOO sweet, like an overly-sweetened frosting. I literally scooped the cream out and ate the shell by itself.

Finally, I tried the soft serve for the day (I believe it was raspberry) and that was delicious. I would return for that.

Pros: Lots of options, vegan soft serve

Cons: Expensive, Not very good

Wonderful - Edit

The cakes are drop-dead gorgeous at vegan treats. The soft serve ice cream is amazing as well! I don't eat her often (because it's not very healthy) but when I do I savor every bite. There is a "regular" ice cream place right next door that is always packed! People don't realize what they are eating and need to know that Bethlehem's jewel bakery is right next door! This is a must to visit!

Pros: Good food, always switching things up, cute

Cons: expensive

Mind = Blown - Edit

I have been going here for years. Every time I pass through Bethlehem, I stop here. I cannot express how magical this bakery is. They create beautiful and artistic creations. It is impossible not to see the time and effort put into every baked good. They have a creative taste palate as well and strive to create as many types of baked goods as possible. They also have an extensive gluten free section.

I visit here with my sister regularly and we always grab a couple things to share. We have never been disappointed, be it a donut, cake, pie, soft serve, cookie, or chocolate. This is hands down, the best bakery I have ever had the pleasure to visit.

Pros: EVERYTHING.

Horrible customer service - Edit

I have been a long time customer of this place. I enjoy most of the products and of course I love supporting a vegan business. I recently bought lots of Easter candy. I bought 2 bags of 'cadbury eggs'. At least that what their employee assured me it was. When I tried them it turned out to be plain dark chocolate. This wasn't the first time I got something that turned out not to be what they claimed it was. I got cake before that was supposed to have some elaborate filling, only to be just plain cake. I thought it was a mistake and since I was home already, just ate it. But I did try to return the 'cadbury eggs'. They refunded me for one bag, but refused a refund for the other, because the bag was opened. How else would I have known that I didn't get what I ordered? I tried 1 egg. It was their employee who either lied or wasn't trained well. The least they could do is own up to their mistake. Why should I have to pay for something I didn't order? And they could see that only one egg was missing. No apology or anything. This place is expensive enough. If I want plain dark chocolate, I can get it for less somewhere else. I've been spending 100s of dollars at Vegan Treats every few months, but I will never be back. Just because you are the only vegan bakery in the area, doesn't mean you can treat your customers like crap.

Pros: vegan, cute cake design

Cons: horrible customer service, price

WOW best baked goods ever - Edit

Amazing bakery. The chocolate doughnuts are huge and delicious. Also got a coconut "cheese"cake and carrot cake. They are individually-sized and definitely professional pastry chef central.
Will definitely go back! 100% vegan - amazing!!

Pros: doughnuts, atmosphere (fun, pink, reviews on the wall), variety!

DROOL-WORTHY VEGAN DESSERTS - Edit

After years of stalking and drooling over their Instagram page, I finally returned to the east coast, and no blizzard was going to keep me from my Vegan Treats mission.

Once inside, I found myself wide-eyed, speechless, and grinning like a Cheshire cat as I gawked at the vast array of candied delights before me. There was something for everyone. The employee was super nice and patient. She gave me the rundown on every item they had; I decided on 4 cakes.

1. CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT CAKE:
Rich chocolate with a yummy hazelnut flavored creamy filling, and just a tiny addition of real hazelnuts in the center, which was perfect for me because I like the flavor but not the actual nuts.

2. CARROT CAKE:
Moist, spice cake with real carrots and I think I tasted raisins...maybe? Either way, both the cake and the icing were yummy.

3. TRIPLE BERRY CHEESECAKE:
The triple berry (I can only guess at what the berry flavors were since I didn't ask. Maybe blueberry, raspberry, and strawberry?) filling was encompassed by cheesecake and sat upon a soft, light gram-crackery bottom. It was superbly decadent.

4. RASPBERRY LEMON ZEST:
The one thing I don't like about vegan bakers is that many of them can't make a moist vanilla cake. It always comes out beige and not as moist as its non-vegan counterparts. Glory, hallelujah for Vegan Treats! They have mastered the vegan vanilla cake! A true vanilla (yellow) cake, moist and sweet, with a hint of lemon flavor, and raspberry-shot icing and filling.

And, thanks to the advise I got from the employee, these cakes freeze well. I bought these cakes last Thursday, froze 3 of the cakes for 1 day. Hit the road to drive back to St. Louis, MO, and on the following Monday, the final cake was STILL moist and fresh.

I also snagged some cookies. TRIPLE CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE CHIP, & TOFFEE. Huge cookies. Soft and yummy.

BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM.
If you follow them on IG then you know that they rotate their soft serve flavors frequently. You can do one of the 2 available flavors or you can swirl. I am a swirler. Amazing vegan cheesecake flavor. Unbelievably delicious.

To top it off, I got a free Vegan Treat pen, some Vegan Treat pins, and a post card. I'm sold in every which way on this place. If you are anywhere near Bethlehem, make it a priority to visit Vegan Treats. It is worth any amount of time that it may take to get there, AND you'll thank Mary, Joseph, and Baby J that you did!

Pros: amazing cakes and desserts, amazing soft serve flavors, friendly staff; free pens and pins!

Cons: street parking; no dedicated lot

Decadent - Edit

I LOOOOVE VEGAN TREATS. Even if I weren't vegan, this bakery knows how to make the most decadent and indulgent baked goods. I love the pecan rolls quite possibly the most. But close behind is their carrot cake and anything with chocolate. Last visit, I had several particularities to deal with as I was bringing stuff home to friends (I'm an hour up north). They were so sweet, understood my needs, and expressed great concern about things NOT getting squished on my drive. I'm actually grateful this place isn't closer. It is truly sinful. :)

Pros: Always fresh, Never disappoints, Fantastic hours

They have it all! - Edit

I am from about an hour away but I couldn't resist a visit to see this bakery. They had TONS of sweets! Donuts, whoopie pies, cookies of all kinds, buns, cannolis, cakes and all kinds of specialty sweets that looked so pretty!

I spent $20 and got several things to take home. They were ALL amazing! My son has a milk and egg allergy, I will probably drive the hour JUST to visit this bakery again for him. I was THAT impressed!

fab selection - Edit

We were visiting Bethlehem and had to go to this place. Beautiful selection of treats, all very tasty. Went back a few times over the course of our visit to the area and tried the donuts, cookies, brownies, cheesecakes... yes, they are very sweet so I can't see having them too often but as vegan treats go, they are tasty and creative.

Pros: great flavours, beautiful presentation, 100% vegan

Stellar phenom - Edit

Though I regularly consume items from Vegan Treats, it is rare that I can drive to Bethlehem- from where a star of vegan baking joy has emerged to grace our palates.

There aren't enough good comments and accolades I can make and attribute to this bakery. If not for Vegan Treats, I would have doubted the possibilities of vegan baking. They surpass all other vegan bakeries in their selection and skill, coupling variety, beauty and flavors that are all st the top of the vegan baking totem pole. The brownies are as beautiful as they are delicious, from peanut butter bomb to white chocolate covered pretzel to anything else they wish to top on their amazing brownies that beat all other vegan brownies the world over.

The cakes are beautiful with filling and frosting lighter than any other vegan frosting I have ever had. It's breathtakingly inspiring for the non-vegan and vegan alike. From the carrot cake to the chocolate covered strawberry shortcake to the infamous peanut butter bomb to death by chocolate to coconut to tiramisu- I have never eaten a cake here that I didn't like or love! Pumpkin cake around the holidays!

You can special order any combination. For gluten free, go crazy/ the choices outcompete any other vegan bakery!

The French pastries are beautiful mini cakes that taste as good as they look. In the store, you can have soft serve in a cone that is gluten free or regular! They also make doughnuts, cookies, the biggest pecan sticky buns you have ever seen, cinnamon buns and cheesecakes to make a non vegan believe in the vegan goodness that only Vegan Treats can create at this level. I bow down to Danielle K and the VT crew! Thank you! I am beholden to your treats!

Pros: 100% vegan, Super staff, Amazing selection gluten free and regula

Cons: Too far from most places, Too many choices

A gem in Bethlehem! - Edit

I was a fan of Vegan Treats on Facebook long before I ever got around to actually visiting. I loved the idea that a vegan bakery exists in a smaller city. As fate would have it, I had to go to Bethlehem for business. When I typed the address into my GPS, it took me to a different building, but luckily the bakery was right around the corner and I found it without too much searching. Needless to say I was so excited. Well, my excitement was not for nothing! Never before had I beheld such amazing looking vegan baked goods.- and there were a lot to choose from. I was in my glory! The soft-serve ice cream flavor of the day (strawberry "cheesecake") was delicious and I got 3 different cookies for the road. Loved 2 and really enjoyed the 3rd. The employees seemed genuinely amused by my excitement and were very helpful and upbeat. I really hope I have the opportunity to be in Bethlehem again, because I will most certainly be stopping here!

Pros: Friendly staff, Reasonable prices, Tasty treats

Cons: Random location

I Wanted to Like This Place - Edit

I think it's wonderful that this vegan bakery exists, and it is loaded with beautiful desserts. I passed through on my way across the county and got a few things to sample. Unfortunately, I didn't really like any of it.

I found their stuff to be cloyingly sweet and sugary. That said, I fully acknowledge that many people love their stuff, and they're just not to my liking. But I was hoping for more flavor and less overwhelming sugar-flavor.

If you have a sweeter tooth than I do, you may very well love them. Just be wary if you don't - they're not cheap.

Pros: HUGE selection, Plenty of Gluten-free choices, Fully vegan

Cons: Overly Sweet, Pricy

Absolutely Amazing!!! - Edit

In the words of my 11 yr. old son, "Give them a million stars Mom!" Drove to Bethlehem 2.5 hours for an overnighter just so we could bring our kids here. The soft serve was incredible along with the sticky buns, cinnamon rolls, danishes and mini cakes. Brought some home for dessert and will stop again tomorrow on the way home! Absolutely the best bakery!!! If anyone even questions whether vegan desserts can taste good, bring them here and they will instantly become a believer! I'll be dreaming about what I want tomorrow!

Pros: huge variety, giant pastries

Pure Vegan Happiness - Edit

What can I see that hasn't already been said? Absolutely the best vegan bakery ever and I have been to quite a few in NY, DC, Portland etc. The peanut-butter bomb is the bomb (ha ha), the death by chocolate is truly aptly named and to die for. My new fav is the Boston Creme Donuts and I don't even usually like donuts. Trust me, you must try it. They do amazing cakes for parties....we ordered a 3 tier cake for our anniversary party...each layer a different flavor and the whole decorated amazing! Check out their website for pics. The shop itself is pink and adorable and so so so fun to visit. Go!!!

Pros: excellent baked good, variety, cute shop

Best Vegan Desserts I've Ever Had! - Edit

I've been to Vegan Treats several times and have had their goodies at various vegfests, and they never disappoint! Not only do the desserts taste amazing, but they look amazing, too! Their desserts please even the most stubborn anti-vegan people!

Pros: Tasty!, Great variety, All vegan

Cons: A bit pricey, Located in the middle of nowhere

amazing!!!! - Edit

went to vegan treats on Sunday and I was soo impressed! for starters, it was a two and a half hour drive just to get there and we ended up getting lost once in bethlehem. so we called and the people were so kind and patient and they directed us to the bakery.
we didn't drive two hours there for nothing, so I got about 6 different cookies. my favorite was the Mayan cookie. it was delicious!!! don't be turned off by the color, it's made from some kind of nut flour so it looks somewhat grey, but it is the chewiest most deicous cookie I've ever had! we also took home 2 small boxes of candy that I have yet to try and a small raspberry cheesecake and a small death by chocolate cake. both were fantastic!!! the seating was a bit tight though and the prices were somewhat steep, but I will definitely come back soon!!!!

Pros: delicious food , good service

Cons: small , kinda high prices

Worth a detour for - Edit

The best vegan cheezecake I've ever had! I found out later that they maybe use hydrogenated oil, which was a bummer, but it was still the best cheezecake vegan or not. I had the white choc raspberry variety. If you're ever in Bethlehem, PA, you should stop. Or if you're like us, make it be part of your way.

Pros: variety!, cheezecakes, nice staff

Cons: pricey, middle of nowhere, hydrogenated oils

Hydrogenated oils - Edit

I received an e-mail from Vegan Treats in response to a question I sent to them about their baked items. They contain HYDROGENATED OIL. According to the CDC this is more damaging to the heart than butter fat. Hydrogenated oils, also known as trans fats, have been banned by multiple cities and counties in the U.S. The American Medical Association supports efforts to ban the use of trans fats in U.S. restaurants and bakeries. As far as I can determine, Vegan Treats does not post the fact that their baked items contain these fats anywhere on their web-site. It is a shame that they use these fats as their baked goods look and taste excellent. Almost every other bakery that I know of that offers vegan baked goods use palm or coconut oils, which are non-hydrogenated fats.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 12, 2009
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 04, 2011

4 Responses

mertenhippie I know hydrogenated oils are unhealthy for the human body, but palm oil is unhealthy for the planet. Check it: http://wwf.panda.org/what_we_do/footprint/agriculture/palm_oil/environmental_impacts/ http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/damian-carrington-blog/2011/nov/17/palm-oil-malaysia-jeffrey-sachs http://www.cspinet.org/palm/PalmOilReport.pdf

Anyway, Vegan Treats rocks my hydrogenated socks. Coconut oil tastes very strongly of coconut, they'd really shoot themselves in the foot to use that exclusively.

ejperk I disagree that they couldn't switch to coconut oil or some other nonhydrogenated fat if they wanted to. Babycakes has a large following, with multiple locations, and uses primarily coconut oil. Coconut oil does not always taste strongly of coconut -- it depends on the type and, of course, how it is used. However, coconut oil is very expensive, so perhaps it is more of an issue of cost. Regardless, I think Vegan Treats should be more up front about their use of hydrogenated oils so customers are not misled into thinking they are eating a healthier product just because it's vegan.

TheKristina1106 It's Really a shame that they use HORRIBLE DEADLY "OILS". Now why woulda ya do that if it's supposed to be a healthy option???
I agree, coconut oil is NOT sweet unless you add sugar not to mention the TONS of health benefits of pure raw organic cold pressed coconut oil- i even use it as my daily lotion with a couple drops of organic lemon oil- it's like lemon Meringue Pie for my skin- now thats a vegan treat! ;)
I'd also agree that Palm Oil is no good either- how about sunflower oil guys?

OH YESSSSSSSSS. - Edit

I thought I'd had the best that vegan baked goods could be until I had Vegan Treats' Boston Cream Donuts. Seriously, any other attempt at vegan baking can be considered a colosal failure. It almost makes me wonder if the stuff was really vegan. I'm thinking of taking a sample to an independent research lab to check for animial products. Yes, it's that amazing. I know they're a business and are competing to have the best product, but they'd do a GREAT deal of good for the vegan movement by publishing their recipes so that other vegan bakers can finally do it right.

Pros: Fully Stocked with a ton of varieties., Feels like a "regular" bakery, Beautiful pastries.

Cons: Is it REALLY vegan???

Let Me Eat Cake-A Visit to Vegan Treats Bakery - Edit

There's no better way to spend a Sunday morning than to take a drive up to Vegan Treats in Bethlehem, PA. My family and I went there last weekend and arrived just after they opened the door. From the outside, it looks like a small store; but there was a huge selection of cakes, whoopie pies, and sticky buns to choose from that morning.

That evening, Jim and I split the chocolate cake that's decorated like a big Hostess cupcake. It's a satisfying chocolate, not overbearing and not too sweet; just sweet enough to be tasty and very moist. I wasn't much of a chocolate cake fan until I started eating vegan chocolate cake; to me, they have been distinctly more moist and delicious than traditional chocolate cake. Most of those old fashioned cakes are just too dry for my taste--and dry chocolate cake is awful. This cake is heavenly; plus, it's got a rich chocolate ganache topping and a nondairy cream filling that tastes just as good as cream from a cow. Not only is this cake dairy free, but it's cholesterol free as well--who could ask for anything better than that? It tastes so much fresher and more satisfying than a store bought packaged cupcake, too.

This afternoon, I tried the carrot cake. It's decorated like a traditional carrot cake, with the white "cream cheese" frosting and piped carrots on the top. This is a mini layer cake, just like the previous one, so there are two layers of cake and a top layer of frosting with another sandwiching the cake layers. The cake itself tastes like a traditional carrot cake, sans the icky pineapple, and isn't as dense. The icing is an important part of this type of cake; since the cake itself is usually not very sweet, the icing is used to balance the carrot and give more sweetness. I'm not sure if they use regular sugar, agave, or another alternative; but because it gave my mouth a burst of sweetness when I ate it with the cake, I really enjoyed it.

The other cake I sampled today is the Death by Chocolate cake. Again, it's a small cake--probably meant to be eaten by one or two people at most. It's a chocolate cake, with a layer of chocolate ganache in the middle, chocolate mousse on top, covered with more ganache, and decorated with mini chocolate pieces stuck to the ganache. It looks like the kind of cake Pinhead from Hellraiser would eat. What a treat! The different types of chocolate combinations in this cake are what make it so special. They all worked together to give my mouth the best chocolate party ever. I think thi

Pros: vegan, chocolate, hostess

It only gets better! - Edit

We returned to Vegan Treats today to celebrate our anniversary and this magnificent bakery only gets better. The cakes, donuts, cookies, etc. are fantastic and the owner and staff are both friendly and helpful. Unfortunately we don't live in Bethlehem but if Vegan Treats promised to never leave, we might consider it. We drive there from Harrisburg and it is well worth the trip.

veg

Pros: Delicious baked goods., Friendly helpful owner and staff., Clean and pleasant place.

Cons: none

OVERCHARGED - Edit

Ordered 20 cupcakes using their "Latest Menu" @ $1.75 each. When I picked them up I was charged $2.25 each. Girl told me the price went up. WENT UP $0.50 EACH?? That's an overcharge of $10. Since it was for a birthday I went on and paid. When I got home I emailed the manager and was told that the website menu is not "actually" the "Latest Menu" price!!! A person might think that a wise business manager would change the website since they went through getting new menus printed. The manager didn't seem to care when I told him or her that if I didn't get a refund of the difference I would not be coming back!! POOR MANAGEMENT!!

Pros: Good stuff

Cons: TOO EXPENSIVE WITH NEW PRICES

Heavenly! - Edit

Vegan Treats has the most delicious desserts!! You will love them, and your non-vegan friends will love them and never have a clue that they are eating vegan food! I make the trip up to Bethlehem from the suburbs west of Philly a few times a year to pick up a stash of vegan goodies. The donuts are absolutely amazing - so delicious, rich, and so many good varieties. I also love the cheesecakes, brownies, and everything else. I love sweets, but I never knew they could be this good!

good place - Edit

They had a wonderful selection of cakes and cheesecakes as well as doughnuts, cookies, moon pies, brownies. If you are in the area it is worth the visit. Small cakes are $5 a piece so hope you are good at making decisions or you may end up spending more then you want :] Also it has a nice atmosphere.

One of a kind - Edit

John Z and I used to make nearly a weekly pilgrammage here, growing more and more excited on the way as we try to guess what the softserve will be. Yesterday it was peanut butter, omg, heavenly! Pumpkin and coconut are other favorites of ours. I heard the chocolate peanut butter was good, but that bit of takeout disappeared from the freezer before I could get my spoon into it. :-)

As others have said, how do they do it? This is not an inexpensive bakery, but it is well worth it for the ethics and the flavors. My friend demands to be brought a cowboy cookie each time I go. I'd love to work here to learn a few vegan cooking tricks in the back room. Vegan does not mean sugarfree or fatfree or even lowfat, but still, I think of all the butter and milk and eggs I am avoiding and feel healthier.

We like it best when they play punk or emo -- just seems in line with the shop's image. The 20ish guy that works there is extremely personable and helpful. I often wish they would post more signs, so I can learn what is called what and how much things are. You have to ask, if you don't know, and you can feel like a pain if you have a lot of questions: "Ok, so what is that yellow thing with the chocolate stars?" "What is the round one with the cookie on top?"

Desserts from here used to be served at Balasia in Emmaus, a great vegan date restaurant that anyone would love but which sadly closed. That is where I first learned of the Peanut Butter Bomb, which I had for breakfast on my birthday. I *did* have a helper, btw.

They have really cool t-shirts, sized for women, too!

Love This Place! - Edit

Thank God I don't live closer, I would be here all the time and weight 300lbs! The desserts are amazing! My husband and I are actually planning on picking up a small cake for our 3 year wedding anniversary and I plan on buying some brownies for Thanksgiving!

OMG I can't believe its Vegan! - Edit

I've tried vegan desserts all around the country, but this one beats them all (and no one even comes close to beating this place)!!! I first discovered their deserts in NYC (a lot of restaurants carry their desserts); I had the carrot cake and initially I spit out my first bite and asked the waitress if she served me a non-vegan cake. She said they came from Vegan Treats in PA; needless to say, I had to check this place out.

Vegan Treats was a little hard to find (and it's in the middle of nowhere). It's a small/cute bakery and filled with Vegan goodness! What to get? Well I couldn't decide so I got 5 things (to take back with me): Peanut Butter Bomb (THE BEST! Tastes like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups), Carrot Cake (amazing!), Oreo Brownie (yum!), Boston Cream Donut (yum again!), and a regular donut (good!).

So everything was amazing! But the downside? They don't ship...yes that's right, no shipping. So the only way you can get desserts from here is either by going to NYC, Philly, or Washington DC or by visiting the store in Bethlehem. I really hope one day they decide to sell their products in Chicago.

Pros: BEST DESSERTS IN THE COUNTRY!!!

Cons: No Shipping

Heaven for Vegans (and Non-Vegans too!) - Edit

The first time I went to Vegan Treats, I was so impressed by the look of it, the people who work there, the owner, the dessert case, and of course THE DESSERTS themselves that I literally felt like I stepped into a piece of vegan heaven.
The place was hopping, super busy, and I am willing to bet that only about 50% of the customers were actually vegetarian or vegan. I want to thank the owner of Vegan Treats for creating and presenting such wonderful indulgences not only for us vegans but also for the doubting masses who think vegan food can't possibly taste good (until they try yours!!!!!).

Pros: Super Cute Shop, Amazing Dessert Selection, Super Friendly Staff

Bring a cooler with you for extras. - Edit

I wrote about Vegan Treats in my blog. http://aveganjourney.blogspot.com/ and posted some pictures. Get ready to drool. Bethlehem was not our destination but we gladly took the 20 minute detour. YOU MUST GO HERE!

Pros: Awesome, selection, price

Cons: nothing, nothing, nothing

Vegan heaven - Edit

This is quite possibly my favorite place on earth! I mean I knew anything can be made vegan but this place really just is amazing!!! We drove from Chicago to Philadelphia and stopped here on the way in and home. LOVE IT!

Pros: everything

Simply the best - Edit

I am a chubby vegan. I like cake. A lot.

After lusting over the Teany and Red Bamboo desserts for months, I heard that they came from a small bakery in PA. I made sure to drive past it on my way up and I am *so* glad I did.

I ordered small "sample" cakes in about six flavors. Every last one of them was wonderful, although the Coconut creme and chocolate covered strawberry shortcake stand out in my mind as the winners. Their icing is perfect, creamy and flavorful, not treacly. The cake is moist and rich, even the vanilla. The cakes also featured fresh fruits, beautiful garnish and a real eye for beauty as a whole.

I also ordered a cinnamon bun to try and eat in the car-- little did I know that it was an irresistible ooey-gooey mess of a confection that required my full and undivided attention. My car is sticky, but my taste buds were pleased.

My only wish is that Vegan Treats would expand south-ward. I love love love them.

Pros: delicious, beautiful

Cons: a little expensive, location

Amazing!! - Edit

I discovered Vegan Treats about a year ago. I get my fix about twice a month. I have never had a treat I don't like. Everything is amazing. The sticky buns, the pumpkin cheesecake, the coconut cream cake, & the peanut butter bomb are among some of my favorites. I've taken many non-vegans along with me and they exclaim, "You'd never even know this was vegan!" You will leave Vegan Treats satisfied.

Pros: Delicious, Huge selection of yummy desserts, Good atmosphere

Best Vegan Bakery By Far - Edit

My husband and I stumbled on this bakery by accident and I have to say it was the happiest accident ever! They have the best vegan deserts I have ever had. The brownies, cookies, cakes, and donuts are delicious. My husband even drove an hour there and back recently to get me a birthday cake. Even the nonveg people at the party thought the cake and brownies rocked. Unfortunately, not all of the staff is friendly. Sometimes, we end up with a grumpy cashier and other times they are as nice as can be.

Pros: Awesome brownies

Cons: Staff

Treats without the bad conscience - Edit

Our family got to try these yummylicious treats when Ms. Vegan Treats herself brought them over all the way from Bethlehem. So I am writing this review on behalf of them. They have not had anything this delicious and vegan at the same time ever. And unfortunately nothing that is available in the area comes close to these pieces from heaven. So thank you for bringing them across the pond and sweetening our day the vegan way!!! And please consider opening a branch on the westcoast so we can enjoy them, too!

Pros: creative, delicious treats, for any occasion

just amazing - Edit

have been their a couple of weeks ago and i was suprised.their bakery looks so beautiful and the staff is really nice.you can order some cake and sit down.it was just amazing in there.the cake tasted better than any other cake i ever had before.sorry mom :) if you are close to bethlehem check them out.i wished i could go there more often...

Pros: staff is friendly, really clean and nice in there, cake!!!amazing!!!

Best Find - Edit

This is the my favorite place to go. The options are numerous and the taste is unbelievable. My favorite is their brownie with peanut butter mousse on top. Their peanut butter cheesecake and coconut cake are some other favorites on mine. In addition to their mouthwatering desserts, they offer doughnuts and softserve. They have a cute little area to eat at as well and the staff is very friendly, helpful, and patient.

Pros: delicious, friendly

The Best Cake Ever - Edit

Everybody who has the chance to stop by at the vegan treats bakery in bethlehem should not think about it twice.cakes,doughnuts,bunns,brownies,cupcakes,
cookies,icecream everything a vegan "feinschmecker"
needs to be happy for the rest of his live.
the boston cream doughnut is my favorite..

please check that spot out..it's truely amazing!!!

The BEST bakery ever! - Edit

My husband and I drove three hours to get to this bakery. It was well worth the trip. Awesome doughnuts, cupcakes, cheesecake, carrot cake. My favorite was the mint chocolate truffles and the brownies. I can't say enough about this bakery. AWESOME! This is my idea of heaven! And it's vegan....what more is there to say.

Pros: truffles, brownies, absolutely incredible

Cons: I don't live closer, not more of them

Too Good to be True - Edit

I first had Vegan Treats at Veg City Diner when it was still open, but I didn't have a clue who made them. A few months ago I was at a party and someone brought a Death By Chocolate Cake from Vegan Treats. He told me about the store front and it was love at first thought. I recommend this cake to all chocolate lovers!

Wow!! - Edit

I had to relocate to California for my job. I can't tell you how much I miss Vegan Treats. There are other Vegan options in California however none that compare to Vegan Treats. One of the best...really!

Return to Bethlehem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Treats Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 10030 times since Aug 2007.