Vegan Thai Food Stalls

• Vegan
Contact n/a

behind Indian Emporium, Chakaphet Road, Phahurat (India town), Bangkok, Thailand,

Two typical veg food stalls in the alley behind the Indian Emporium. Local food at inexpensive local prices.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Thai, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by dcchris

So awesome! - Edit

Friendly, cheap & delicious - everything that's important.

The friendly grandma behind the counter thrust some tongs into my hand and gestured toward the dishes, so I figured out that I should just serve myself whatever I wanted, then I put the plate on the scale. I think the weight didn't matter, because her grandson? (young employee) didn't even look and told me 60 baht, but the grandma told him to change it to 50.

That's a deal! I got a bunch of delicious food for a solid price.

Yes, it's been sitting out for a bit, but it's otherwise a great spot!

Pros: All vegan, Cheap, Friendly

Cons: Food sits out after cooking

I wish I had known how to order - Edit

This was the first jae stall we found in Bangkok. We were so excited. Unfortunately, I had trouble ordering and was super confused on what to do as there were no pictures of the meals. Much to my own fault, I ended up with rice and a few mock meats. I didn't realize that the food was cooked to order and didn't see the delicious looking plats of my neighbors until it was too late. I did get a mock meat skewer, much like the ones you commonly see around the Bangkok streets. This was fun, and quite good. I wish I had understood more how to order or had another chance to try again.

Pros: fun mock meat skewers, inexpensive

Cons: confusing, hard to order if you don't speak Thai

recommended by locals - Edit

like the previous reviewer wrote, you can easily find this Food stall when you leave the Shopping mall Emporium by the back door. You'll recognize the vegetarian Food stall by ist many yellow flags with red characters on it.

the Lady could speak enough English to explain me that I can get Rice and then it's 30 Baht per "topping" i choose. there were like 12 different things to choose from, some with mock meat, a few just veggies. i got 2 toppings but just smaller portions and paid 30 Baht.

I Chose a coconut Curry with mock meat and some green veggie with Tofu. i wanted to choose sth else originally but i spotted a black hair in there. :(

there are plastic tables with chairs for you to sit. the Portion might be on the smaller side for some People. the topping were quite spicy for me. taste was okay but nothing extraordinary in my opinion.
i talked to a local and an expat and they said this is the best vegetarian place to eat in all of Bangkok.

if i'm not mistaken there are 2 veggie stalls next to each other, at least they both have the same flags. i went to the one that's closer to the entrance of Emporium. served Thai Food.

Update: went there again today. feel like i got a bigger Portion this time. was tasty!
Updated from previous review on Friday January 22, 2016

Pros: cheap, many toppings

Cons: spotted a hair in one topping, a little hidden, portion not big

Very good noodle soup - Edit

I only managed to go to this place once and the noodle soup I had was really good. It had much more veggies in it than at most places and different mock meats. One soup costes 30 Baht. It has a really authentic street stall feeling, which is really difficult to find if you're veggie. I'm always jealous of meat eaters who can just sit down at any random street stall and get really tasty food wherever they are in Thailand.

If you're inside the India Emporium, you can walk straight out the back door and you'll run straight into the stalls. There is also a veggie Indian stall selling samosas, pakoras and aloo tikkis on the left side of the India emporium and a veg Indian and veg Thai stall in the food court of the emporium (next to other Indian stuff, which is already very veg-friendly).

Pros: Authentic , Delicious

Cons: maybe too hectic for some, not for me

excellent food and good service - Edit

I have been to these places a few times. Most of the people eating are employees from the India Emporium. The food is tasty and consistent in high quality every time. I especially like the noodle soup as you can add bean sprouts, thai basil, and pickle along with the normal variety of spices as you wish. They are quick style sit down on a plastic stool type of places with real local style and taste.

Pros: great taste, nice staff, local place and price

Cons: can be crowded

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Thai Food Stalls closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3244 times since Dec 2012.